New, Fully Balanced Burson Conductor 3X: Dual ESS9038, 7.5wpc XLR, 3.75wpc SE Headamp, Changeable Opamps
May 8, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #316 of 528
Since there doesn't really seem to be much action in the 3P/3XP thread...The 3R is just a bit out of my reach at the moment, but I can get a 3P ordered up. Using mainly with Focal Elegia in my home office, and with a pair of Audioengine A5+ on the desk, do you thing it would be worth waiting it out and saving for the 3R? I'm just not sure I'd notice the benefits sonically waiting and spending the extra on the 3R vs the 3P. Anyone have any input for me?

May 12, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #319 of 528
Is anyone else here using their Conductor with Roon or as a Roon endpoint? I'm having problems playing DSD files using Roon in my PC core. Also, when used with the SMS 200 streamer, the Conductor doesn't show up as a Roon endpoint. Any similar problems with other users?

May 14, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #320 of 528
Just wanted to share my excitement...I have a lightly used Conductor 3R on it's way to replace my DACMini. I can't wait to plug this in and enjoy it. Hoping my Elegias don't hiss, but based on reviews I don't think I should have an issue. This may be an endgame unit for me for many years.

May 14, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #321 of 528
Just wanted to share my excitement...I have a lightly used Conductor 3R on it's way to replace my DACMini. I can't wait to plug this in and enjoy it. Hoping my Elegias don't hiss, but based on reviews I don't think I should have an issue. This may be an endgame unit for me for many years.
So a full version conductor :) congrats! Yeah, know what you are feeling, waiting for my 3xp...
Let us know how you like it when it arrives!

May 14, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #322 of 528
Highly recommend swap the opp amp to Sparkoslab SS3602

May 14, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #323 of 528
Highly recommend swap the opp amp to Sparkoslab SS3602

The one I bought is coming with the original v6 vivid, and also a set of v6 classic. I will probably use these for a bit until my bank account recovers and then order the Sparkos to try. I've never dealt with opamps before so I'll need to read up on them also.

May 14, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #324 of 528
Can anyone describe what exactly the improvement with the Sparkos is supposed to sound like? Is it really such a clear improvement? I am extremely happy with my C3R but better sound is always better...

May 14, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #325 of 528
Just received and powered up my Conductor 3XP. Nice build quality. Still burning in but so far quite pleased. Bought this as my desktop DAC/AMP for my laptop. The only criticism so far is the display is quite small and difficult to see unless you are inches away. The remote is tiny and somewhat less confidence inspiring than the unit itself. The supplied USB cable is a bit short. Am I correct in thinking it's just a USB A to USB C cable? And that this one will work with it? https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00WJSP...olid=3K9ZZR3S5AQ8K&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Attachments

• IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5223.JPG
    IMG_5223.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
May 14, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #326 of 528
Just received and powered up my Conductor 3XP. Nice build quality. Still burning in but so far quite pleased. Bought this as my desktop DAC/AMP for my laptop. The only criticism so far is the display is quite small and difficult to see unless you are inches away. The remote is tiny and somewhat less confidence inspiring than the unit itself. The supplied USB cable is a bit short. Am I correct in thinking it's just a USB A to USB C cable? And that this one will work with it? https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00WJSP...olid=3K9ZZR3S5AQ8K&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Yes, that cable should work

May 14, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #328 of 528
Great, thanks. Nice little unit the 3XP. They even included a couple of the Classic op-amps in the box. So I can tinker if I'm inclined. I'm a Chord Mojo owner as well and so far the Burson is comparing quite favorably.
I’ve been comparing the 3XR to my Hugo 2. With the upgraded Sparkos SS3602’s in the 3XR, it comes close to matching the detail retrieval and resolution of the Hugo 2, very close. In ultimate resolution and transparency the Hugo 2 still sounds just a bit more open. So it stills edges out the 3XR in those categories, but it can’t match its driving power. This is just one area the SS3602’s improves the 3XR. The others are bass, soundstage, imaging and transient speed. The 3XR is really more snappy and dynamic sounding now. Even more so than with the V6 Vivids installed. Combine all of that with the power the 3XR has and you’ve got one of the best all in one solutions I’ve heard.

May 15, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #329 of 528
I’ve been comparing the 3XR to my Hugo 2. ...

Thanks, sounds good and considering that they are not too expensive i'll probably give it a try then. Does anyone know which opamps exactly i would have to get for the single ended C3R?

May 15, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #330 of 528
I’ve been comparing the 3XR to my Hugo 2. With the upgraded Sparkos SS3602’s in the 3XR, it comes close to matching the detail retrieval and resolution of the Hugo 2, very close. In ultimate resolution and transparency the Hugo 2 still sounds just a bit more open. So it stills edges out the 3XR in those categories, but it can’t match its driving power. This is just one area the SS3602’s improves the 3XR. The others are bass, soundstage, imaging and transient speed. The 3XR is really more snappy and dynamic sounding now. Even more so than with the V6 Vivids installed. Combine all of that with the power the 3XR has and you’ve got one of the best all in one solutions I’ve heard.
I for my part have solt the Burson in favour of the Hugo 2 - especially with regard of the M-Scaler that I could add to my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back