NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
May 21, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #767 of 974
I'm still waiting on the word of that open back 610... Hope they didn't give up on it already. Been like almost a year since I read about it.

I am afraid they likely gave it up. There has been a few headphone festivals (conventions) in Japan since, but the model was not on show ever again.
Instead they announced T60RP (which is a walnut product as well) and be done with it? Could it be due to TH610 has poor sales again?

May 22, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #768 of 974
I am afraid they likely gave it up. There has been a few headphone festivals (conventions) in Japan since, but the model was not on show ever again.
Instead they announced T60RP (which is a walnut product as well) and be done with it? Could it be due to TH610 has poor sales again?
I was afraid that was the case. Explains the lack of news. Which is too bad because I was really looking forward to it.

Jun 3, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #769 of 974
I don't know about you, but when I was comparing th610 with denons it was no brainer (on questyle cma400i). Denons sounded completely uninvinting and boring. I was even able to listen classical on them (th610), even though they are closed headphones. They sounded that good and real. Every possible genre soudned great on them, starting from classical, through fusion-jazz to metal, rock, gothic, acoustic music. Epic headphones from Japan (lol, Denon in China, in this price range this is unacceptable and pathetic). Btw also checked out denons 5200 and ah-400. If I had to choose, I would gladly choose cheapest ah-400 from music maniac serie (but these had strong drivers imbalance - surprise, surprise).

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #770 of 974
I never bought or listened to the Denons of old when they were still in production but as the TH610s are the only headphones in my collection that make me want to cry with how good the musical experience is on some tracks I guess I'll learn to live with it.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have bought the TH900s instead then I'll listen to something with a heavy bass emphasis (i.e. A Cosmic Funk Odyssey by Bachelor Of Hearts) and I'm glad I stuck to the relatively linear option.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #771 of 974
I own both the D7000s (on the classifieds, by the way) and the TH610s and must say that the Denons are more refined, more elegant in terms of sound... Not bad these Fostexs bue definitely a step ahead the old D7000s.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #772 of 974
Below is an image of the removable cable connector for the 610 and the 900. Do any of you know what the part that goes in the red circle in the image below looks like, or where to get them? Thanks!

2835102.png

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #773 of 974
So just bought one with TH900 pads, stock pads, dekoni ring and the stock cable modded to an xlr and xlr adapter to 1/4". Got it for a decent price too.

I kinda wanted the Fostex sound but a little laid back and not a full on treble attack. I had the D2000 and felt the treble was a bit spikey here and there from memory.

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #774 of 974
I own both the D7000s (on the classifieds, by the way) and the TH610s and must say that the Denons are more refined, more elegant in terms of sound... Not bad these Fostexs bue definitely a step ahead the old D7000s.

Can you elaborate on these Fostex are a step ahead but the Denon is more refined?

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #775 of 974
So just bought one with TH900 pads, stock pads, dekoni ring and the stock cable modded to an xlr and xlr adapter to 1/4". Got it for a decent price too.

I kinda wanted the Fostex sound but a little laid back and not a full on treble attack. I had the D2000 and felt the treble was a bit spikey here and there from memory.

You must've bought the one I was following on Ebay. Enjoy!

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #776 of 974
You must've bought the one I was following on Ebay. Enjoy!

Yea I was about to buy a TR-X00 or maybe an E-MU and couldn't wait till September and the E-MU's are like unicorns(actually missed one that sold last week),
Some people actually prefer these to the brighter TH-X00's and I seen one guy that preferred it to the TH900 so it's gonna be interesting to see what it's like.

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #777 of 974
Yea I was about to buy a TR-X00 or maybe an E-MU and couldn't wait till September and the E-MU's are like unicorns(actually missed one that sold last week),
Some people actually prefer these to the brighter TH-X00's and I seen one guy that preferred it to the TH900 so it's gonna be interesting to see what it's like.

You can order the E-MU Teaks directly from Chan by emailing him at enquiry@emu.com It's a fairly painless process. I'd hate to think you're waiting around for the randomly timed, quickly over Massdrop drops when you could buy them whenever. If you're determined to get one used, that's another matter.

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #778 of 974
Can you elaborate on these Fostex are a step ahead but the Denon is more refined?
I was meaning, perhaps not correctly written that the Denons are clearly a step ahead when compared to my TH610s. The sound is more refined, has more air, timbre is more natural, real. Bothe are great cans for sure but the AH-D7000 retain that special character that make them so unique even today between closed headphones.

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #779 of 974
I was meaning, perhaps not correctly written that the Denons are clearly a step ahead when compared to my TH610s. The sound is more refined, has more air, timbre is more natural, real. Bothe are great cans for sure but the AH-D7000 retain that special character that make them so unique even today between closed headphones.

Dagnabit, now I want a 7000 lol. I'll give them a run at least and sell if not decent. How are the 5000's?

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #780 of 974
While we're on the subject, anyone have a listen to the Denon AH-D7200? Looks gorgeous, but not much in the way of impressions on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back