NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Aug 10, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #796 of 974
I wonder if they will also attempt to make the open back TH610 in the future with the same double layer metal etch grill (instead of the prototype design) and newly designed pads. They also stated in the pdf they have adjusted the acoustic circuit for the TH909. Really excited for the news following this audio show.

Aug 27, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #797 of 974
Got a nice deal on a new pair of TH610 and just received them. Straight out of the box they are b.r.i.g.h.t. but that was to be expected!
Comfort is nice, cable is heavy though. Have some spare pads that I will try (brainwavz angled sheepskin), the stock pads are not to my liking.
I think that my brain needs some adjustment but at the moment I cannot imagine someone to compare these to the T5p and give these the upperhand.

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #798 of 974
Brought the TH610 to work today. It's not closed for sure :) I'm starting to like it better and better! It still sounds quite bright but nothing to harsh. I've swapped the stock pads for angled HM5 pads for now; they fit better but it's not my beloved dekoni snug, might take the plunge to order dekoni pads for these. The overall comfort is on par with beyerdynamics for my head; which is all I'd could wish for.

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #799 of 974
Brought the TH610 to work today. It's not closed for sure :) I'm starting to like it better and better! It still sounds quite bright but nothing to harsh. I've swapped the stock pads for angled HM5 pads for now; they fit better but it's not my beloved dekoni snug, might take the plunge to order dekoni pads for these. The overall comfort is on par with beyerdynamics for my head; which is all I'd could wish for.

I'm glad to know there others out there who take their 610s to work. I leave the TH900 at home but enjoy the 610 while doing work. I"m using the 610 with IFI IDSD BL and it's a great pair. As I've said in the past, the IFI really brings out the life in these underappreciated cans. I used to listen with the Dekoni premium sheepskin pads (w/o attenuation rings) but recently went back to stock.

I know there are people out there not too fond of EQing, but when I want something specific, EQing the 610 is also great for listening pleasure.

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #800 of 974
I'm glad to know there others out there who take their 610s to work. I leave the TH900 at home but enjoy the 610 while doing work. I"m using the 610 with IFI IDSD BL and it's a great pair. As I've said in the past, the IFI really brings out the life in these underappreciated cans. I used to listen with the Dekoni premium sheepskin pads (w/o attenuation rings) but recently went back to stock.

I know there are people out there not too fond of EQing, but when I want something specific, EQing the 610 is also great for listening pleasure.
I don't think I'll bring them to work more often. Got a pair of sennheiser HD630vb's there that are way more suited for an office environment.
At home I've set the loki mini to tame the highs a bit and add some oomph; dialed to suit my needs with the HD800S's but it works wonders for the TH610 as well. They react so well to well produced music. Low quality is horrible though, a non-hd track on youtube is near unlistenable.

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #803 of 974
IMO

TH900 > T5p.2 > TH610 (without the price in consideration)

BUT with the cost factor, then,

TH900 > TH610 > T5p.2

Just my opinion, :) ymmv

Sep 26, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #804 of 974
I had the Sonarworks measuring team here last week. As a result the TH610 will now be included in their range of profiles but also I have the two of the three pairs used for calibration. Each has its own unique calibration ID, which can be used with their products to load the specific calibration for the headphone. If that's of any interest to anyone in the UK please PM me.

Oct 2, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #807 of 974
Japanese trio. DSC_6265.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #808 of 974
Can anyone comment on a aftermarket cable? I know hd600 cables work I was thinking a copper version.

The stock cable isn't great, too heavy and stiff.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #810 of 974
I'm listening to TH-610 with Sonarworks True-Fi now. It does make a difference. At first impression, the headphone sounds more alive and dynamic. I like that with the adjust bass feature, I can increase bass without any distortion. I am going to keep using to see if there's a downside in the mid/long term. In short term, it's more impressive than stock sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back