New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Mar 14, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #1,892 of 3,599
Dynamic74 has a really nice looking setup... If I would end up buying a separate amp it very well might be the Yamamoto. But at the moment, just enjoying!

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #1,893 of 3,599

Quote:
Dynamic74 has a really nice looking setup... If I would end up buying a separate amp it very well might be the Yamamoto. But at the moment, just enjoying!

The Yammy is highly recommended for ATs as well as the HD800. Weird.
The only thing wrong with it is the price, it's too low for its performance.
Well, compared to prices of other amps that is.
Disclaimer: not 100% silent with ATs though, but only at very high volumes and I am really sensitive to noise.

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #1,894 of 3,599
So ordered a pair today from Drew at Moon Audio. Drew shipped them out within a few hours of receiving payment. Simply outstanding customer service (again).

ETA is tomorrow. Should be fun to finally give these cans a try.

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #1,896 of 3,599
Thank you for your comments. The Yammy is indeed quite cost effective and good for price. Its performance is quite good too. In terms of details retrieval, I find that it is better than my Burson HA-160. It pairs well with my ATH Woodies and Ultrasones pretty well. Both the Yammy DAC and headamp have the same signature sound, which can be described as tubey, with a warm and lush midrange and slightly rolled off highs and lows. The whole setup has a pretty enjoyable sound signature. Hope you are enjoying the W3000 as much as I did. Have a pleasant day ahead!

Quote:

Mar 15, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #1,897 of 3,599
Recently i noticed this extremely tiny scratch on the left cup that nobody can see but it bugs the hell out of me!!! 
mad.gif

I don't even know how it got there. Anyone else here extremely paranoid about the cups?

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #1,898 of 3,599
Yeah I am very protective of these headphones. I'm not even using the Audiotechnica stand. I prefer to keep the ANVs in their provided case.

Mar 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #1,899 of 3,599
I like ATs wooden/acrylic stand the most, looks so classy and "right" for AT design. You can check it looks in my profile.
btw, I am not using directly AT stand, I find it too expensive. But there is portuguese company thats selling their own copy, for 40$ (good for european customers since there wont be any additional fees for them), see for yourself here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zoppapro-Acrylic-wood-headphone-stand-holder-clamp-NEW-/320819004252

Since my W3000 are on their way (thanks to AppleheadMay), I got a follow-up question to what he asked before (about WA2), did anyone here have a chance (or still have) to compare them head to head with WA2 (either default or maxxed) vs Svetlana 2? I am thinking of getting one of these amps (actually, I want both, but first things first, one amp at the time, the other components need to get upgraded as well) but I am not sure which one to get. Svetlana 2 seems to be a heaven for AT woodies, but I cant get an image of WA2 sitting on my shelf out of my mind, looks so sexy to me (interestingly, for headphones I love classic wood look of ATs but for amps I am more of a modern looking metal guy). I have read that both of them are dead silent (which is highest priority to me) so only concern now is how they are compared to each other in terms of sound/coloration.

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #1,900 of 3,599
I just ordered one of those stands for my W3000ANV as well! I have been using an Omega stand for them with no problems whatsoever (meaning that the inwards sloping angle of the stand does not compress the pads of the W3000ANV as some users here suspected) I would like to use the Omega for my LCD-2 instead and this just looks so right for AT-woodies :)

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #1,901 of 3,599
I just ordered one of those stands for my W3000ANV as well! I have been using an Omega stand for them with no problems whatsoever (meaning that the inwards sloping angle of the stand does not compress the pads of the W3000ANV as some users here suspected) I would like to use the Omega for my LCD-2 instead and this just looks so right for AT-woodies :)

The Omegas always seem too short for the LCD to me. How do they actually fit?

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #1,902 of 3,599
Mar 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #1,904 of 3,599
there's no strain on the connectors, they're not even touching the wood, it's almost half a cm left. this is clearly visible in the image by looking at the shadow of the connector underneath it. And I don't consider the pads compressed at all either, so there's no issue whatsoever.

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #1,905 of 3,599

Thank you for your comments. The Yammy is indeed quite cost effective and good for price. Its performance is quite good too. In terms of details retrieval, I find that it is better than my Burson HA-160. It pairs well with my ATH Woodies and Ultrasones pretty well. Both the Yammy DAC and headamp have the same signature sound, which can be described as tubey, with a warm and lush midrange and slightly rolled off highs and lows. The whole setup has a pretty enjoyable sound signature. Hope you are enjoying the W3000 as much as I did. Have a pleasant day ahead!

Interesting, one would think that Burson should be more detailed. Even though I really loved my X-Can V8P with the right tubes, I'm afraid that bringing the midrange out even more would not do good for the balance. Well, I'm really enjoying this setup of mine, so I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back