New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Feb 16, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #1,622 of 3,599

Quote:
Looks like they put a banana peel on your door step then... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

In what context? But please don't advocate immoral behavior! Lol.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,625 of 3,599
Couldn't resist and ordered a pair yesterday from Price Japan, and they were shipped 30 mins after I made the payment 
eek.gif

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #1,627 of 3,599
I received my W3000ANV today!
biggrin.gif

I am serial number 949. I took 4 days from order to delivery from PriceJapan via EMS... great service!!
First impressions are very positive. They are much better than the W11JPN I used to have. I am not a bass-head so IMO the bass is very adequate. For a closed design they are very airy and detailed. I will let it run (I don't want to say the forbidden word for some out there 
wink.gif
) for a couple of days before I dedicate them serious time.
The fit was a little bit loose for my taste but a some pressure on the band closed it a little bit (you do't really notice it) and now the fit is almost perfect.
These are very different sound than my Markl moded D7000/J$ pads and my DX1000/Zeus. 
Thanks to everybody specially Skylab and AppleheadMay for your advice and direction to these beauties.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #1,628 of 3,599

Quote:
biggrin.gif

I am serial number 949. I took 4 days from order to delivery from PriceJapan via EMS... great service!!
First impressions are very positive. They are much better than the W11JPN I used to have. I am not a bass-head so IMO the bass is very adequate. For a closed design they are very airy and detailed. I will let it run (I don't want to say the forbidden word for some out there 
wink.gif
The fit was a little bit loose for my taste but a some pressure on the band closed it a little bit (you do't really notice it) and now the fit is almost perfect.
These are very different sound than my Markl moded D7000/J$ pads and my DX1000/Zeus. 
Thanks to everybody specially Skylab and AppleheadMay for your advice and direction to these beauties.

Congrats! Glad you like them but I thought you would according to your preferences.
The highs will get a bit smoother after a bit of CENSORED time but that's about all that will change IMO, the rest keeps sounding as great as it does now.

Now I wish my stuff came in that fast. I have 4 packages in customs here, the Fostex has been there for almost a month now. :frowning2:   Lazy buggers.

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #1,631 of 3,599
Cool, let me know how you think they compare to the ESW10JPNs. =)

Quote:
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #1,632 of 3,599
I got a pleasant surprise today.  I thought it wouldn't be here until Monday.  Listened briefly and it's interesting.  Definitely a gorgeous headphone.  Almost too nice to use.  Almost.

The serial numbers seem random, mine is less than 1000.  I don't think we can gage how many have sold based on serial numbers.

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #1,633 of 3,599

Quote:
The serial numbers seem random, mine is less than 1000.  I don't think we can gage how many have sold based on serial numbers.

The 2000units were distributed to many different sellers worldwide. How could you expect to buy them in serial number of ascending order?

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #1,634 of 3,599
Even though the serial numbers aren't an accurate indication of how many have been sold, I was hoping it could still be a *rough* approximation, that is, if the serial number does in fact reflect the quantity. There hasn't been any outrageously high numbers that I've seen.

Feb 17, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #1,635 of 3,599

Quote:
Even though the serial numbers aren't an accurate indication of how many have been sold, I was hoping it could still be a *rough* approximation, that is, if the serial number does in fact reflect the quantity. There hasn't been any outrageously high numbers that I've seen.

Perhaps true.

I am guessing that perhaps number 1800 is already sitting somewhere in some storefront and likewise, for any other numbers.

The distribution of w3000anv buyers (as well as the source they buy from) in head-fi is pretty skewed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back