New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Apr 11, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #2,221 of 3,599

Quote:
How do you find the treble quantity compares to the HD800? Just curious about whether the W3000ANV may accentuate sibilance compared to the HD800 or actually mask sibilance a little bit. Just looking for some opinions. Turns out my W3000ANV will not be here until Saturday. Feels like a year away.

With my setup, I don't have issues with siblance.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #2,223 of 3,599

Quote:
With the GS-1? Do you only listen to very well done recordings? Or perhaps we just hear things differently. I'm hearing plenty of it on a lot of my recordings with female vocals.

Both of my amps. Most of my recordings are quite good, but I've got some older jazz recordings from the '30s and '40s (including a lot of female vocals) and find these cans work very well with them too.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #2,224 of 3,599

Quote:
Both of my amps. Most of my recordings are quite good, but I've got some older jazz recordings from the '30s and '40s (including a lot of female vocals) and find these cans work very well with them too.

Modern pop is mainly what I am speaking of. j-pop in particular. I can send you a few examples if you'd like. It would be interesting to see whether we hear the same sibilance or our hearing is just that drastically different.

I am always interested in how other people hear things because I know that when I let my friends listen on my setups they do not always hear what I hear.

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #2,227 of 3,599

Quote:
The stock 7N OFC cable is not good enough? =)

Just askin!  I have a DHC Symbiote on my ESW9....very smooth.  I was looking to smooth out the highs/sibilance, and the DHC if very neutral.  Is the stock 7N OFC cable stranded?  Also, is the 7N OFC used on the ATH-W1000X, looking at recabling those as well.

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #2,228 of 3,599

Quote:
Just askin!  I have a DHC Symbiote on my ESW9....very smooth.  I was looking to smooth out the highs/sibilance, and the DHC if very neutral.  Is the stock 7N OFC cable stranded?  Also, is the 7N OFC used on the ATH-W1000X, looking at recabling those as well.

To smooth out the highs/sibilance maybe changing an amp would help.

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #2,230 of 3,599

Quote:
To smooth out the highs/sibilance maybe changing an amp would help.

Nah, my amps are just fine.....changed interconnects back to pure copper coming from my DAC, fixed the highs/sibilance, but I'm still going to recable with a DHC Symbiote cable and a Blue Dragon with materials purchased myself.  The only way to see the diference is to hear for yourself!

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #2,231 of 3,599

Quote:
Nah, my amps are just fine.....changed interconnects back to pure copper coming from my DAC, fixed the highs/sibilance, but I'm still going to recable with a DHC Symbiote cable and a Blue Dragon with materials purchased myself.  The only way to see the diference is to hear for yourself!

Make sure you get another pair of stock W3000anv around to compare! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back