New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Mar 23, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #1,981 of 3,599
I see the 1000X in your signature. If that works well in your system, the ANV should too. I've been using the same amps to compare both cans in my system.

Quote:
It's still available through Beach Camera, if you click on the price on the side under the order button.  Though Firemall does have decent feedback through Amazon, I'm more familiar with Beach.

Hoping the headphones work well with my current set up, though I will only have a week with the ATH-W3000ANV to find out, before I'm out of the country for most of April. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #1,982 of 3,599
Quote:
I know I'm sick. I paid $1,300 for my pair. Not cool!
mad.gif

Almost in the same camp...  The thing that annoys me is that there was no indication anywhere, incl. Audio Technica, that they would be released in the U.S. I personally wouldn't have minded waiting longer. It's also interesting that with a run of just 2000 -worldwide-, I would have thought they'd be sold out by now... I guess the headphone audiophile market is really that small.

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #1,983 of 3,599

Quote:
I see the 1000X in your signature. If that works well in your system, the ANV should too. I've been using the same amps to compare both cans in my system.

I hope so.  I've only heard the W3000ANV out of purrin's Balancing Act so I really hope the BA wasn't the main reason they sounded so good.  My mid-fi TU-882 has worked great with the two AT headphones I've owned so I'm hoping it will play nicely with the W3000ANV when it arrives. 

That being said, I'm still constantly scouring the Amplifier FS forums... 

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #1,984 of 3,599
I've only used mine from a vintage Marantz 2265B and the Schiit Valhalla. Both sound great, but I would like to try a WA6SE or perhaps a Bottlehead Smack. I have the Crack as well, but haven't hooked it to the ANV yet. The W1000X was very nice from that though.

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #1,986 of 3,599
I think they're worth it.  Don't look back; just enjoy them.

I got hold of an older Zana Deux and I'm loving W3000ANV with it.  I'm going to use Yamamoto HA-02 for the bedside rig.

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #1,987 of 3,599
How does W3000ANV pair with HA-02? It is one of contenders for my next purchase, but I dont know which amp should I get next (HA-02 vs Svetlana 2, if I decide to go into hardcore mode I might consider Zana Deux SE, but thats a bit too expensive for my liking).

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #1,990 of 3,599

Quote:
That must be your sound signature then :). I'm hoping the Heir 8A is what I'm looking for. I really like the IE80 sound signature and want it in an improved Custom form.

Haha yeah. The W3000Anv is the second headphone I found myself to like a lot and that I am willing to just build an entire rig around it.

I am still waiting for some breakthroughs in the ciem technology.

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #1,991 of 3,599

Quote:
How does W3000ANV pair with HA-02? It is one of contenders for my next purchase, but I dont know which amp should I get next (HA-02 vs Svetlana 2, if I decide to go into hardcore mode I might consider Zana Deux SE, but thats a bit too expensive for my liking).

I like it, but I don't have much for comparison.  I have a Fostex HP-P1, the HA-02, and the Zana Deux.  I have the HA-02 for my bedside rig and am happy with that, but I was curious about the Zana Deux and after digging around and reading more about it I got one.  To me the HA-02 emphasizes the mid-centric coloration of the W3000ANV, while Zana Deux leans it towards neutral and sounds more natural.  Zana Deux has a wider soundstage and maybe that's why W3000ANV sounds a tad laid back with it compared to with HA-02.   

Here I was all happy with my speaker system, but darned Head-Fi sucks me in with the idea that you can have fun listening to music with different flavors of headphones and equipment.  Looking at DACS now...

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #1,992 of 3,599
ph34r.gif
 Musicman59; wotts - you are bad influences! I'm barely scrapping by to upgrade my amp and you two have me looking at (gulp)... headphones?! 

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #1,994 of 3,599
I aim to...please?  I would LOVE to compare the ANV to the D7k some time. Preferably when I have a more suitable amp (WA5).

Quote:
ph34r.gif
 Musicman59; wotts - you are bad influences! I'm barely scrapping by to upgrade my amp and you two have me looking at (gulp)... headphones?! 

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #1,995 of 3,599

Quote:
I aim to...please?  I would LOVE to compare the ANV to the D7k some time. Preferably when I have a more suitable amp (WA5).

You can do that next week when you come over to pick up your toy 
biggrin.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back