New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Mar 19, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #1,936 of 3,599
$999 new from Beach Camera is so damn tempting...  I thought I was able to suppress my upgrade-itis, but this might be too hard to pass up.

Mar 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,941 of 3,599

Quote:
Well, I ordered a pair from Beach, due to arrive some time next week. 

You should be very impressed with them. I'm really digging them...great with everything I've thrown at them, from Leonard Cohen to Van Halen, or Wagner to Patricia Barber.
L3000.gif

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #1,942 of 3,599

Quote:
You should be very impressed with them. I'm really digging them...great with everything I've thrown at them, from Leonard Cohen to Van Halen, or Wagner to Patricia Barber.
L3000.gif

I've heard purrin's W3000ANV at the recent NorCal Head-fi meet, which is why it was somewhat easy to convince myself to buy it.  Several tracks on Nirvana's In Utero were awesome with purrin's set up, and has been haunting the back of my mind 
L3000.gif
.  Wanted to wait until later this year before buying another headphone since I have a couple of other big expenses that I just paid for, but this price likely won't wait for me.  

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #1,945 of 3,599

Quote:
A question: Did anyone ever try AT woodies with a Moth S2A3?
If so, which woodies and were there any hum/hiss problems?

Craig of Eddie Current told me his current 2A3 was his quietest amp.  Someone, purrin I think, I think said they have no noise with the Balancing Act.  Someone else mentioned the Zana Deux as also being quiet enough.

Sorry I can't answer specifically, but I've done a lot of research about Craig's amps, and I believe they are some of the quietest tube amps.  I hope to know for sure in three weeks with a Zana Deux SE.

EDIT:  I think you told me about the Zana Duex, in which case I was not helpful at all.

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,948 of 3,599
Yep. I think the Zana we ordered would be Craig's best offer for AT users.
Also it seems reasonable priced probably because it is a headphone amp only.
It isn't all that much more expensive than the new Super 7 tubes included but that one can drive speakers, which I have no use for anyway.
I'm really looking forward to get my Zana, still 6 or 7 more weeks I guess for me.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #1,949 of 3,599

Quote:
Yep. I think the Zana we ordered would be Craig's best offer for AT users.
Also it seems reasonable priced probably because it is a headphone amp only.
It isn't all that much more expensive than the new Super 7 tubes included but that one can drive speakers, which I have no use for anyway.
I'm really looking forward to get my Zana, still 6 or 7 more weeks I guess for me.

Let me know your final preference between the Yammy and the Zana =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back