New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Feb 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #1,756 of 3,599
Truly, beauty in all things is very subjective, I know.  The W3000ANV are proof enough - I find their sound to be absolutely beautiful.  I also think the look beautiful.  And I basically feel the same way about Tarja 
tongue_smile.gif

And the combination of the two is ear-candy if every there was, for me.  Listening to Nightwish's "Ocean Soul" on the W3000ANV is a near-religious experience.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #1,757 of 3,599
Agreed about the headphones. ;D Personally old Nightwish isn't for me. The previous album had some nice songs, but the newest, not liking that either.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #1,758 of 3,599
Quote:
And the combination of the two is ear-candy if every there was, for me.  Listening to Nightwish's "Ocean Soul" on the W3000ANV is a near-religious experience.

Why must you tempt me so...

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #1,761 of 3,599
Feb 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #1,762 of 3,599

Quote:
There should be a smiley for that....

God forbid ...

EDIT: been listening to Uriah Heep, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple a lot lately (youth revisited kindof thing) and the last week almost exclusively to Rainbow. Makes me wonder where our friend Blackmore has gone.

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #1,763 of 3,599
Feb 26, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #1,764 of 3,599

God forbid ...

EDIT: been listening to Uriah Heep, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple a lot lately (youth revisited kindof thing) and the last week almost exclusively to Rainbow. Makes me wonder where our friend Blackmore has gone.

http://www.blackmoresnight.com/index2.htm

Pretty cool music too, if you ask me!

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #1,765 of 3,599

Quote:
http://www.blackmoresnight.com/index2.htm
Pretty cool music too, if you ask me!

Thanks for the link, never saw that website before. I'll sure be digging into it!
But I was referring to our head-fi member Blackmore though.  :wink:

Indeed, Ritchie Blackmore is a legend for those into oldschool hardrock. For me that was the kind of music that started to get me hooked. Before that I was listening to old music my father had on those big tapes and to the "Top 30" here with a little Tandy (now Radio Shack) radio.
Once I started with hardrock I bought myself an amp, record player, tape recorder and tuner together with an awesome pair of speakers put together by a teacher and his class. No crossover, just a big bass unit and a horn tweeter per speaker. Those were awesome for hardrock at the time.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #1,766 of 3,599
UElover I must thank you again for recommending me these Audiotechnicas. I think my Open-back Denons may be going up for sale after all. This would be a good thing as I was hoping for this anyways and the sale would help to fund my 8As.

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #1,767 of 3,599

Quote:
UElover I must thank you again for recommending me these Audiotechnicas. I think my Open-back Denons may be going up for sale after all. This would be a good thing as I was hoping for this anyways and the sale would help to fund my 8As.

Haha so the W3k has slowly taken priority over your Denons?

It's an irony that I haven't listened to my W3k for the past two weeks because of the lack of an amp. If Epiphany is going to continue delaying my O2, I am going to cancel my order and jump boat to JDS Labs.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #1,768 of 3,599

A8s? What's that, speakers?

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #1,770 of 3,599
I'm experiencing a bit of a "personal crisis" with regard to Audio-Technica. I use the term loosely, of course.

Listening to the W3000ANV as of late, I have to admit I'm not really enjoying its sound like I was before. It sounds too harsh to me often times. This is somewhat baffling to be honest, as my fondness for the [stock] HD800 has recently been rekindled, and I've also been enjoying the new SRH1840 quite a bit. I've also experienced a similar effect with the W11R, and before the two woodies in question it was the L3000 that started sounding disagreeable to me in many circumstances. This isn't really an issue of synergy from a particular source, because I find myself reacting the same way on a variety of setups.

Tastes can change, I suppose. In my case I often find myself gravitating toward different types of sound signatures from one month to the next. At the moment I prefer darker sound signatures, but my recent fondness for the HD800 and SRH1840 makes this aversion to many of the W series puzzling.

There are woodies I still enjoy listening to at the moment however. Namely the W10VTG and W10LTD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back