New FiiO M11S Player with dual ES9038Q2M DACs, 670mW output power and 14 hours of battery life
Feb 22, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #347 of 641
I see. I wonder if it's a universal problem or just select ones. I would think it's hard to know because it seems like not a lot of people use the Fiio app that's why the issue is under the radar

If you don't mind what's the sd card you're using. Thanks
I have a SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB. I was using that with my old FiiO X3 II. I am planning to get a bigger one but I have been lazy :D

Feb 22, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #350 of 641
Which brand should I use? Also, who is Frank?
frankraindog is one of the members here who brought up the issue. I corresponded with him in DMs and he said he bought a non SanDisk one and solved his problem. He hasn't gotten back to me on which one he bought

I Need some help here.
Received my M11S yesterday. I‘ve put in an SD Card : 256 GB SanDisk Extreme V30 Brandnew. Formated it inside the player as external Memory an put some files on it.
Folder: Music/Flac/Artist/Album/01 track

Using the Fiio Music App brings a „Stutter“ After the First few second of each track. Always the same regardless of highres or redbook quality.

With the Apple Music App there is No such stutter.

The stutter ist really disturbing while listening to music and playing music via Fiio App should be a Basic feature, so I guess I‘ve done something wring here. But I dont‘t know what it could bei

Also if you have some free time I have a question. Does UAPP have a setting somewhere where you can choose what Audio Decoder to use like this. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230222_074347_Musicolet.png
    Screenshot_20230222_074347_Musicolet.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
Feb 22, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #351 of 641
frankraindog is one of the members here who brought up the issue. I corresponded with him in DMs and he said he bought a non SanDisk one and solved his problem. He hasn't gotten back to me on which one he bought

Also if you have some free time I have a question. Does UAPP have a setting somewhere where you can choose what Audio Decoder to use like this. Thanks

I’ll check it in the morning. Me need some sleep :)

Feb 22, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #352 of 641
UAPP is a way superior app anyway, in my opinion.

Feb 23, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #354 of 641

Couldn’t locate those settings.

Feb 23, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #356 of 641
So I've decided to investigate further the stuttering (first 0.5-1 sec of majority of the songs) that I'm experiencing and incorporated @Vitor Valeri and @frankraindog 's solutions. Sadly the solutions they had for theirs didn't work for me. This is what I've tested in my case
1676997585541.png

So the only thing I can conclude for now is it's definitely some kind of combination between SD Card and the Fiio Music app because
1. Never have issues when storing the music files in Internal
2. Never have issues when using a different Music app (used Poweramp and Pi Music Player)

If there's anyone else have experiences with the combination of the Fiio Music App and External SD I would appreciate if you could please share it. Thanks

@FiiO I'm sure you talented folks can easily find a solution for this
Dear friend,

What's the format and sampling rate of the music files you are playing? And if you are convenient, please send me some sample. Thanks in advance!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 23, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #357 of 641
Dear friend,

What's the format and sampling rate of the music files you are playing? And if you are convenient, please send me some sample. Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Sure thing. I kept track of the worst offenders. Sent it on your private messages.
Also discovered another big thing. Although putting the files in Internal Storage helps I found out that it still happens consistently but less.

But THIS option I found in Musicolet (I posted above) makes the biggest difference. The Musicolet decoder eliminates all the stutter except some very rare occasions (maybe 1 out of a 100 songs) compared to the System decoder
11993015.png

Thanks for trying to solve this!

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #358 of 641
Sure thing. I kept track of the worst offenders. Sent it on your private messages.
Also discovered another big thing. Although putting the files in Internal Storage helps I found out that it still happens consistently but less.

But THIS option I found in Musicolet (I posted above) makes the biggest difference. The Musicolet decoder eliminates all the stutter except some very rare occasions (maybe 1 out of a 100 songs) compared to the System decoder
11993015.png

Thanks for trying to solve this!
Any option for this on the FiiO music app?

Feb 23, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #360 of 641
I haven't found any. Didn't find any on Developer Options either but I might just be blind

If you're using UAPP and you don't have any stuttering maybe UAPP uses its own decoder by default

Dear friend,

Best regards
Hello FiiO. What is the recommended SD cards for the FiiO M11S? Thanks and Best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back