New FiiO M11S Player with dual ES9038Q2M DACs, 670mW output power and 14 hours of battery life
Oct 27, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #166 of 655
I stream lossless files from Apple music. Is there a system wide eq on this player in which I can use for Apple music? Also does poweramp work in this player in which its eq settings will work on Apple music?

Oct 28, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #167 of 655
I stream lossless files from Apple music. Is there a system wide eq on this player in which I can use for Apple music? Also does poweramp work in this player in which its eq settings will work on Apple music?
I use Wavelet and it works with Apple Music. But Apple Music does not change frequency for me. If the first song i play is 192khz all the other songs play in 192khz even if it's only 44.1. When i start with 44.1 it stays 44.1 even if i play a 192khz song. I use the frequency display at the top so i know exactly what is the frequency during playback.

Oct 31, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #168 of 655
Ichos review makes this looks very tempting. I've never owned such an expensive DAP. I have numerous FiiO products, of which I like the Q3 best. I wonder if the M11S is worth it as an upgrade from the Q3. Ichos told me it's more refined, more high end, more technical and less warm then the Q3, so I basically know everything I need to. However, in the BTR7 thread, someone said the BTR7 is "almost" as good soundwise as the M11S, so now I am confused..?

Nov 10, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #169 of 655
I recently purchased an m11s and I'm loving its feature set, but I'm having this rather frustrating issue:

I have a pair of Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds that I use with my m11s, and my other daps.
It the ability to use the LDAC, AAC, and SBC codecs, and I switch between them to save battery life.

Now, after I set my M11s up and got all of my apps installed(Poweramp, Sony headphones connect, Lawnchair(launcher app), everything was working fine until I rebooted the player.

When I rebooted the m11s, all of the audio outputs refused to work, with the exception of LDAC. The 3.5mm, 2.5mm, and 4.4mm ports stopped working, and so did the USB DAC function.

The only thing that I've found that resolves this issue is resetting the M11s to factory, but this is only temporary, because after I reinstall my apps, a reboot causes everything to stop working.

I've tried every combination of apps I could think of to see if one of them causes this bug, but it's inconsistent. Sometimes the apps work, but eventually this bug happens no matter what I do.

Is there anyone who can help me fix this issue? Or is it even fixable? I don't know if it's just my unit or if it's just a software bug.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Nov 10, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #170 of 655
Was about to pull the trigger on an M11s, and I've have checked with my dealer and they have a damaged box M11 Plus for only 20 pounds more than the M11s, what player should I go for ?

Nov 10, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #172 of 655
Nov 10, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #173 of 655
the listing just says M11 Plus - what is the difference?
I've confirmed that is is the ESS version, can't decide between this and the M11s or even the iBasso Dx170.

Nov 10, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #174 of 655
I've confirmed that is is the ESS version, can't decide between this and the M11s or even the iBasso Dx170.
For that small a difference I would take the M11Plus. Does the seller offer the same return policy with the damaged box just in case?

Nov 10, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #177 of 655
For that small a difference I would take the M11Plus. Does the seller offer the same return policy with the damaged box just in case?
yes still comes with a warranty, think I might opt for the Plus ESS.

Nov 10, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #178 of 655
Anybody have any idea what I should do?
Well...many people use Poweramp successfully with the Fiio m11 pro and I have not heard of any issues like that with Sony Headphone connect. Given that Fiio uses a modified version of Android and it doesn't operate exactly like phone versions, I would start there. I would suggest resetting the device to factory default, make sure all updates are applied and then start with Poweramp. If that runs normally for a day or so I would then add in the Sony app. and repeat the process. My "guess" is that the Lawnchair app is the culprit here. I have not seen it referenced in any of the Fiio M11 forums (I searched) or in any reddit discussions either but given the fact that it modifies the interface I would suspect that it simply does not play nice. Have you reached out to the app developer and asked if it is supported in this context?
Good luck!

Nov 10, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #179 of 655
yes still comes with a warranty, think I might opt for the Plus ESS.
I have both the ESS and the LTD players. They are both excellent and would highly recommend if you can go the extra 20 given that the 11S has lower performance specs for cost considerations.

Nov 10, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #180 of 655
I have both the ESS and the LTD players. They are both excellent and would highly recommend if you can go the extra 20 given that the 11S has lower performance specs for cost considerations.
thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back