(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
May 2, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #931 of 1,334
  ... i guess that we do not listen to the same bands, or do not use the same headphones,..

For me, all generas sound better, including extremely dynamically compressed metal, like metallica, or such. I consider that e12a improoves all, even bad recorded music, like... painted in exile.

Probably because Westone W40 has such a separation and detail that you don't notice any difference in genres like Metal, etc. Just on jazz I can hear certain instruments better and it's very ocasionally. But for me this is sufficient to make all the difference (when I listen to jazz, otherwise I don't use it).

May 2, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #932 of 1,334

Probably because Westone W40 has such a separation and detail that you don't notice any difference in genres like Metal, etc. Just on jazz I can hear certain instruments better and it's very ocasionally. But for me this is sufficient to make all the difference (when I listen to jazz, otherwise I don't use it).

Very interesting. With ie8, i usually need to use EQ to accept them, with e12a i do not need anymore.

it seems like i should give westone a try when i will be able to. they seem nice.unfortunately they are nowhere to be tested before buying.

May 2, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #933 of 1,334
Yes, I'm pretty shure you would love W40 or if you like basshead levels and same or even more details, UM PRO 50. I'm getting the UM PRO 50 this week, I hope : )

But W40 is so supremely detailed, it extracts almost everything out a of a X3. Can't imagine it with a better source, like AP100 or so (my next purchase).

May 2, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #934 of 1,334
  Yes, I'm pretty shure you would love W40 or if you like basshead levels and same or even more details, UM PRO 50. I'm getting the UM PRO 50 this week, I hope : )

But W40 is so supremely detailed, it extracts almost everything out a of a X3. Can't imagine it with a better source, like AP100 or so (my next purchase).

are you not waiting for fiio x5II or x7? they might be killer quality for price.

But considering that ap100 is already cheap, i am curious of what you will think of it's SQ compared to x3. 

May 5, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #936 of 1,334
Just got this a couple of days ago, and if there's any concern on driving headphones as opposed to iems, shouldnt be overly concerned.  i've been using it (from a dx90) changing between ety hf5, shure 846 (blue modded filters), b&w 7, and oppo pm-1 and all sound fantastic.  certainly the sound via hugo or a ha-1 ( balanced cable) can and will sound better, for portability and price-value, i'm astounded with the quality of this wee thing.

when using the p7 or oppo, 255 on dx90 line out, high-gain on the e12a, and dial around 10-11 and more than enough sound (even low-gain, wouldnt put past 1).  on the iems, usually have dx90 at 215, low gain on e12a, and similar 10-11 setting.  

i have a e18, which i hardly used.  i'm not sure if it was my phone or my e18, but the usb otg connection was very very flaky, and this was before i got a dx90.  i had been using the e18 along with the dx90 recently while waiting on the e12a arriving, and there was a slight benefit, but with the e12a, it's a noticeable difference through all of these headphones.  as mentioned in many previous threads, the bass boost on this is very good, and I generally leave it on (while fighting against the internal conflict of not hearing the music as intended, but adding some extra oomph :D))

highly recommended.

May 5, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #937 of 1,334
Don't we all sometimes want bass boost but feel so bad for 'tainting' the music? :D

And this thread which I made is going strong! Nearly a thousand posts! Keep up the good discussion!

May 5, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #938 of 1,334
I just bought an E12a for my ie80s and X1 combo. Anyone have experience with this particular combination of equipment? Coming from an E11 & Mini^3, I'm pretty stoked for a new amp. I also have KC06As and VSD3S's... The latter being harder to drive than an everyday iem should be.

May 5, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #940 of 1,334
I just bought an E12a for my ie80s and X1 combo. Anyone have experience with this particular combination of equipment? Coming from an E11 & Mini^3, I'm pretty stoked for a new amp. I also have KC06As and VSD3S's... The latter being harder to drive than an everyday iem should be.

I just got my E12A yesterday! Ordered from a place called AC Gears, after a week of "Order Processing" I find out that it was a drop ship order supposed to come from Fiio, who apparently did not have any to ship... Cancelled and reordered from Amazon, then a few hours later I see an E12A in the classifieds here for $90!
biggrin.gif
Cancelled the Amazon order and bought that one and saved $70.
happy_face1.gif

Listened to some flac Taproot last night during an hour walk, via my Sony A17 and VSD3S, and I have to say I was very impressed with the sound. Low gain, volume I think about halfway (loud), bass boost on. (I also have the upgraded cable on the VSD3S).

May 5, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #941 of 1,334
I just got my E12A yesterday! Ordered from a place called AC Gears, after a week of "Order Processing" I find out that it was a drop ship order supposed to come from Fiio, who apparently did not have any to ship... Cancelled and reordered from Amazon, then a few hours later I see an E12A in the classifieds here for $90! :D Cancelled the Amazon order and bought that one and saved $70. :happy_face1:

Listened to some flac Taproot last night during an hour walk, via my Sony A17 and VSD3S, and I have to say I was very impressed with the sound. Low gain, volume I think about halfway (loud), bass boost on. (I also have the upgraded cable on the VSD3S).

Great deal! I only paid $140 for mine new inc shipping, but if yours is pristine, that's a great price!

May 5, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #942 of 1,334
Great deal! I only paid $140 for mine new inc shipping, but if yours is pristine, that's a great price!

Yeah, it looked like the previous owner did nothing more than open the box, although I'm sure he used it. Reminds me I need to go leave some positive feedback... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back