(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
Mar 22, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #661 of 1,334
  After a week with the E12A I got to say: If you own a X3 you deserve an E12A. What a difference it makes! Not only instrument separation/layering is much improved, you get much and I mean much better treble, more refined and sparkly. X3 treble sounds "dry" and dull when you listen to it without the E12A. This amp has one of the best trebles I've heard, competing with much more expensive amps in that department. After a week this has been a fantastic experience, sometimes I feel tempted to A/B without the E12A (just X3) and definitely don't want to listen to the X3 anymore without the E12A. Now I believe this amp can make a difference even with X5. I told here already that my biggest complain with the JDSLabs C5 was the treble, it was even worse than X3's, now E12A fills this gap and this is a totally pleasant, convincing listening experience.

The E12A not only is a spectacular sounding amp for the price as it has exceptional treble. I'm really impressed.

All my stuff is FiiO now, so many brands out there, so many products and I find myself near audio nirvana with FiiO products. This says something. I was a huge SONY fan before for players, for eg., no longer want to know what do they have to offer. Same for portable amps for IEMs, my search is over.

Good to know. Will be receiving the E12A next week. Hope its a noticeable step-up from my current E12.

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #663 of 1,334
I also believe that some 50 hours burn-in has improved the amp's sound. Not sure though, but I suspect so. It sounds so so clean now and treble's terrific. Just give this bad boy a pure silver cable, guys. It makes the difference for the FiiO's copper cable (although I think the cable sounds very good). If you want a true quality one, HERE it is.

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #664 of 1,334
  I also believe that some 50 hours burn-in has improved the amp's sound. Not sure though, but I suspect so. It sounds so so clean now and treble's terrific. Just give this bad boy a pure silver cable, guys. It makes all the difference to the FiiO's "muddy" copper cable. If you want a true quality one, HERE it is.

50$ is too much for a calbe that short, you could invest in other things, the interconnect between amp and DAP is filtered anyways by your ultra high imput impedance in amp. technically, interconnect cables should never make a difference.

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #665 of 1,334
Oh man, they do! Subtle, but for my sensitive ears they make a difference in the highs and micro-details. Not everyone will be able to notice this though. Don't know, I can and can't go back to copper. And I notice other differences like more bass with the copper cable, but a bit more congested and muddy. Sound is airier and more analytical with the pure silver interconnect. Also expands the soundstage.

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #666 of 1,334
50$ is too much for a calbe that short, you could invest in other things, the interconnect between amp and DAP is filtered anyways by your ultra high imput impedance in amp. technically, interconnect cables should never make a difference.

I have 2 mini-to-mini cable and their different in term of sound is night and day.

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #668 of 1,334
I have 2 mini-to-mini cable and their different in term of sound is night and day.

It happens that I did some A-B interconnect testing yesterday. I compared a silver/gold Crystal Picollino to 3 other (and much cheaper) copper interconnects. I could hear the differences clearly (and no thanks, I don't need a blindfold for that
biggrin.gif
) CP gave more details and depth, the soundstage was bigger => the sq just got better with it overall.

Crystal Picollino imo was the clear winner in that little shoot-out...

Of course there always will be cable/ic believers and non-believers (hello can of worms on the horizon), but I just trust my own ears
wink.gif

Still have to get me some E12A sometimes though
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #672 of 1,334
I'm also considering that option, but for now, I don't have much budget for another IEM because I'm on a hunt for an amp probably e12a or e17k. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. Maybe after buying the amp, I will go look for westone 4r. :beyersmile:
Wise choice! Pairing well with X3K & E12A ... with all FiiO products in fact!

:D

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #673 of 1,334
  I'm also considering that option, but for now, I don't have much budget for another IEM because I'm on a hunt for an amp probably e12a or e17k. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. Maybe after buying the amp, I will go look for westone 4r. 
beyersmile.png

i can only recommend what i already know, sennheiser ie8. they are just so amazing. and you could pair them with e12a, the sound is so nice!

the only better iem i know of than ie8 are ie800, but i strongly suggest that you test before buying.

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #675 of 1,334
@skerry2006aj  can you suggest me again fiio e12 or e12a ? 
The new E12A. ... Read threads & reviews on this excellent Amp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back