New: EarStudio HE100 High-Resolution Earphones
Aug 24, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #241 of 280
Received mine yesterday, just got s chance right now to hear it, and really , just wow... and this is a single DD item at under $100! Simply amazing, low end punch, clear high and sound stage...
Must have a good listen and compare this with mine hybrid ones later. For now, just amazing...jump right in my mind.

Aug 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #242 of 280
4A1D841C-5671-4F78-A25D-8E9C7CFF1F9B.jpeg
This changes my impression about single DD design. I used to think hybrid is better design.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #245 of 280
Received mine yesterday, just got s chance right now to hear it, and really , just wow... and this is a single DD item at under $100! Simply amazing, low end punch, clear high and sound stage...
Must have a good listen and compare this with mine hybrid ones later. For now, just amazing...jump right in my mind.
Thanks to you and the others for the early observations. Mine will arrive on Tuesday. I'll share my impressions, too. You're definitely adding to the anticipation!

Aug 24, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #246 of 280
These early comments sure sound promising. My current favorite IEM is the KEF Motion One which is a single dynamic driver with great bass, midrange and treble with the midrange being the best aspect and it sounds like the HE1000 is similarly tuned. I may have to buy a pair when they become available in Canada to see how these stack up sonically speaking. If they manage to have a bit more airiness in the treble than the Motion One I might have a new favorite IEM.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #247 of 280
Finally managed to sit and listen to the new Earstudio HE100 - Unboxing coming soon.

A few impressions:

>> I was using Tidal Masters with my Samsung Note 10 Plus and Earstudio ES100 - IMPRESSIVE
>> Also used UAPP PRO with the Galaxy Note 10 Plus and the ES100 - WOW
>> And PC + ES100 as a DAC - POWERFUL SOUND
---

The HE100 arrived in a very simple box with the tiny little buds, as well as some tips and a carrying bag.

Build is rock solid and the pair includes a 3.5mm jack and a simple non-detachable cable.

---

* Someone you Loved - Piano sounds full and rich together with the cello.

Treble was reasonably good but needs to open up some more.

* Paul Simon - The Sound Of Silence sounds great at Webster Hall.

* In Trouble's What You're In - Fink Sounded AMAZING. Clean sound, bass was very punchy, the guitar sounded thick and clear and his voice was just where I wanted it to be, between middle row to first row.

* Fleetwood Mac - Dreams - Great bass, voice is clear and relatively forward.
Good separation. Need more air though.

* The Carpenters - Yesterday Once More - Sounds good - again, I wish it was more airy. But it's full and lush. Good bass presence.

----
Vocals are great. Both male and female sounded clear.

Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark - Live - a complicated session, the lack of air made it sound just ok.

---

I would say - If you're into vocals, classic and even hiphop - they would sound great for just under $100.

---

* Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere / Remastered - Sounded great. Need just a little more air to it to be perfect.

* Rocket Man - Elton John - The original recording wasn't in a good quality - The HE100 sounded good but revealing. So do not expect any compensation in bad recording.

* Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies - Remastered - Sounded fantastic.

* Roxy Music - No Strange Delight - Sounded good, vocals and bass are great. Again, needed a little more air.

----

From the PC - Sound got a little more powerful:

* Nils Lofgren - Keith Don't Go - Sounded AMAZING / I can't believe these are single drive earbuds.

* Florence and The Machine - Blinding - Sounded great as well. Full and loudy/ Perhaps more air is needed to separate between the vocals and the drums, just a tad more.

* King Crimson Epitaph - Sounded reasonably good, even though the original recording is not that great.

* Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Sounded full and I loved the guitar/ Again could use more air but overall good experience.

-------

Overall, sound separation is very good for the price you pay and good clearance. And while I'm not trying to compare them to the Fealess SF8, of course you get more details with the latter, but for $90, they are very good.

The more I listened, the more I got in love with them.

c94c0188-8ce4-4002-b695-1955eaf69207.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #248 of 280
407AAD7F-BF25-40E0-9249-0B2E862B6850.jpeg

I received my pair on Thursday. Thank you @radsone for picking me as one of the lucky winners!

I really liked simple packaging and included was a nice little carrying bag, 3 sizes of silicon tips and a shirt clip. The HE100 are a very nice clean design, really small and light which I appreciate. It would be nice to have a detachable cable, but I do think that that this could take away from the simple design and would probably add more bulk. There are some microphonics as some have mentioned, but it hasn’t been a major issue so far.

The medium tips gave me a great seal straight away. The light weight and cable down design fitted me really well, they almost melt into my ear. This is exactly what I was hoping for and they will definitely become my daily driver for commuting.

I’ve been listening as much as I can over the weekend and first impressions have been really positive. As hoped there is great synergy with the ES100. They seem easy to drive but do scale well with more powerful amps. The star of the show seems to be the mids, vocals sound really great. Having said that the full spectrum is recreated well, with solid lows that feel natural and not boomy and accurate treble. Instrument separation seems really good and I’ve been enjoying some heavily layered electronic music. They feel surprisingly open for iems. I think the tuning is well suited to a wide range of musical styles, which once again is great if you plan to use these as a daily driver.

I think @radsone have done great job here with the first iems. They are detailed well rounded, lightweight and very comfortable. For the price point I believe people will be really happy. I also appreciate the single dynamic driver design. When well executed I think it helps to produce a more natural sound across a wide range of music.

So far I’ve only used the stock tips, but will experiment with Comply and Spinfit to see how the sound changes.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #249 of 280
Thank you all for sharing your impressions on HE100! We are thoroughly going through every review here and are very excited that you are enjoying them :)

FYI, Z Reviews also posted a HE100 review video on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2zq2ekk Check it out when you have time!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #251 of 280
pt5DQ69sKkeVtnRY6

e2ASv3T5Cci5kMc39

My HE100 arrived this afternoon and I've had a couple hours to critically listen to them. Ever since I won them I've been wondering what I should say if I didn't like them. Of course, Radsone did this giveaway to build hype, and naturally, if you are given $90 earphones by a company, you will be inclined to find something nice to say about them. However, I can be picky. For example, I read a lot of hype about the KZ ZS10 Pro, but I was totally unimpressed with them and I sold them right away. I used to own the Shure SE535, but I sold those, too. I thought they were nothing special. I was worried I wouldn't be able to muster any enthusiasm for the HE100, either.

Fortunately, I had nothing to worry about. These are fantastic, and easily worth the $90 they are asking. I think they have priced them low with respect to their performance in hopes of making some waves in a crowded market. The only IEMs I have that are worth discussing in this context are my beloved Sony WI-1000X. The HE100 sounds better than that to me, whether the Sonys are used wired or wirelessly.

I use the ES100 as a USB DAC whenever I can since I don't think any of the wireless codecs sound as good. I used to work as a classical musician and that's the genre to which I mostly listen, but I tried them with some Radiohead, Tool, and Tesseract, too.

Impressions:
Radsone is going after the aspiring or budget audiophile market here. I'm not hearing bloated low frequencies or aggressive high frequencies. It's just very clean- and even-sounding. Nothing is objectionable. I like to hear very clear and realistic percussion effects in the high frequencies in classical music rather than a roll-off, and these are giving me that, and there seems to be no trade-off in the bass or anywhere else. I take this earphone as evidence of what a single really good dynamic driver can do. Everything sounds well-integrated, immediate, spacious, and clear. I wonder how much you have to spend on a multi-balanced armature or hybrid setup to get results like this. I really don't know the answer. These are the best earphones I've ever used.

Out of the box, they sound very good, but within the first few minutes I put on some Spiral Dots, liked the sound better, and never looked back.

Is there synergy with the ES100? I guess so. The best they sound to me is out of the ES100 using the USB cable. But I'm quite surprised at how good they sound straight out of my Galaxy S9. They sound great out of my HTC 10, too.

I haven't been out and about with these yet but isolation seems good, but not as good as, for example, a Klipsch X10, which is a deep-insertion, balanced armature type earphone. But the HE100 sounds better for sure.

There is a sliding loop on the wires after the branch, and these can be worn with the cable over the ear, so you can get a good, secure fit and eliminate most microphonics. These are very small and light, which I like a lot.

I don't want to overdo the hype. My best full-size headphones (Shure SRH1840 with balanced cable) sound way better, and my other good full-size headphones are clearly better, too (SRH840, HD650 with balanced cable). Let's be reasonable. Some congestion seems to be a fact of life with IEMs. But these create a sense of space and openness to an extent that I found quite unexpected.

Of course, these are early impressions, but I've been quite curious about them for a while and I'm imagining someone else out there like me who wants some guidance. If it helps, I was looking to buy some new IEMs but I couldn't decide which way to go or how much I needed to spend. Now having heard these, if I lost them or had them stolen tomorrow, I'd go online and order a new pair. If you're looking for an earphone that won't annoy you with bad tuning, but rather surprise you with its honest virtues and versatility, and if you don't want to put a big dent in your savings account, these are easy to recommend.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #252 of 280
pt5DQ69sKkeVtnRY6

e2ASv3T5Cci5kMc39

My HE100 arrived this afternoon and I've had a couple hours to critically listen to them. Ever since I won them I've been wondering what I should say if I didn't like them. Of course, Radsone did this giveaway to build hype, and naturally, if you are given $90 earphones by a company, you will be inclined to find something nice to say about them. However, I can be picky. For example, I read a lot of hype about the KZ ZS10 Pro, but I was totally unimpressed with them and I sold them right away. I used to own the Shure SE535, but I sold those, too. I thought they were nothing special. I was worried I wouldn't be able to muster any enthusiasm for the HE100, either.

Fortunately, I had nothing to worry about. These are fantastic, and easily worth the $90 they are asking. I think they have priced them low with respect to their performance in hopes of making some waves in a crowded market. The only IEMs I have that are worth discussing in this context are my beloved Sony WI-1000X. The HE100 sounds better than that to me, whether the Sonys are used wired or wirelessly.

I use the ES100 as a USB DAC whenever I can since I don't think any of the wireless codecs sound as good. I used to work as a classical musician and that's the genre to which I mostly listen, but I tried them with some Radiohead, Tool, and Tesseract, too.

Impressions:
Radsone is going after the aspiring or budget audiophile market here. I'm not hearing bloated low frequencies or aggressive high frequencies. It's just very clean- and even-sounding. Nothing is objectionable. I like to hear very clear and realistic percussion effects in the high frequencies in classical music rather than a roll-off, and these are giving me that, and there seems to be no trade-off in the bass or anywhere else. I take this earphone as evidence of what a single really good dynamic driver can do. Everything sounds well-integrated, immediate, spacious, and clear. I wonder how much you have to spend on a multi-balanced armature or hybrid setup to get results like this. I really don't know the answer. These are the best earphones I've ever used.

Out of the box, they sound very good, but within the first few minutes I put on some Spiral Dots, liked the sound better, and never looked back.

Is there synergy with the ES100? I guess so. The best they sound to me is out of the ES100 using the USB cable. But I'm quite surprised at how good they sound straight out of my Galaxy S9. They sound great out of my HTC 10, too.

I haven't been out and about with these yet but isolation seems good, but not as good as, for example, a Klipsch X10, which is a deep-insertion, balanced armature type earphone. But the HE100 sounds better for sure.

There is a sliding loop on the wires after the branch, and these can be worn with the cable over the ear, so you can get a good, secure fit and eliminate most microphonics. These are very small and light, which I like a lot.

I don't want to overdo the hype. My best full-size headphones (Shure SRH1840 with balanced cable) sound way better, and my other good full-size headphones are clearly better, too (SRH840, HD650 with balanced cable). Let's be reasonable. Some congestion seems to be a fact of life with IEMs. But these create a sense of space and openness to an extent that I found quite unexpected.

Of course, these are early impressions, but I've been quite curious about them for a while and I'm imagining someone else out there like me who wants some guidance. If it helps, I was looking to buy some new IEMs but I couldn't decide which way to go or how much I needed to spend. Now having heard these, if I lost them or had them stolen tomorrow, I'd go online and order a new pair. If you're looking for an earphone that won't annoy you with bad tuning, but rather surprise you with its honest virtues and versatility, and if you don't want to put a big dent in your savings account, these are easy to recommend.
My impressions will be coming soon, but I swear, I can just copy and paste everything you wrote. The only exception is I’ve never owned a pair of IEM’s but man, you nailed it in their sound signature. I can’t compare them to any other in ear but I’d be hard pressed to hear anything better at this price point. If so, so long over ears.
I’m still freaking out a bit on how solid these sound for such an inexpensive piece of gear. I would most definitely pay 2-3X’s more if I didn’t know better.
I can’t wait to see what’s coming next and for how much.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #253 of 280
Aug 28, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #255 of 280
My He100 arrived last night. Not enough time to say much yet, other than Thank You again to Radsone.

W

Users who are viewing this thread

Back