Earsonics ES5 impressions thread!
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #61 of 110
More body than EM32 sounds interesting.
Anyway, it seems that the most relevant test would be to try them, but unfortunately I have no chance for the moment.

Maybe if someone can make a direct comparison with the Velvet (2nd version) which I have now, will bring some more light.

Thanks!
send a mail to earsonic, they may give you some clues about the different medium sounding

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #63 of 110
I don’t think so, from my experience, they remain objective.

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #70 of 110
Credit to Marcus of Headfonics: https://headfonics.com/2018/01/earsonics-es-5-review/2/

Andromeda and ES-5 Comparo

Tonally the Andromeda could be classed as musical sounding with its u-shaped presentation but it differs markedly from the ES-5’s cooler sounding V-Shaped presentation.
Of particular difference are the warmer mid-bass and generally richer instrumental timbre of the Andromeda creating a smoother and sweeter sounding mid-range. Instrumental note body has a bit more body and a sweeter sound than the ES-5.

The ES-5 will hit lower and harder than the Andromeda, its sub-bass has more presence and rumble so it will also sound a little deeper and more holographic in terms of staging. Instrumental positioning will be further back with a hall like dimension.

Both have refined vocal deliveries that do a fantastic job of avoiding unnecessary sibilance though again Andromeda’s better body and more elevated vocal presence is the more engaging of the two.

Both do treble very well with excellent articulation and detail however they do have different tonal qualities to them. Again, its that body thing with the Andromeda delivering a little more compared to the ES-5 which goes for a more forward and energetic top-end signature and a bit more sparkle in the final octave.

As of now still waiting the arrival of my ES-5.

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #71 of 110
Interesting comparison. Thank
you.

Jan 18, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #72 of 110
Jan 23, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #74 of 110
You are welcome...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back