Earsonics ES5 impressions thread!
Oct 26, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #91 of 110
I was able to spend a couple of hours. Felt night and day on use. Preferred the SD5.

• Fit no doubt InEar has this figured out
  • The fit helps with seal
  • The Mid and High territory seem to be kind a similar, I did hear some peaks or crossings on some tracks that I felt the SD also handled a bit better, weird for me I heard some EDM and ES for some reason gave me a sensation that it represented better the beats on thisbtypeof genre, only 2 tracks
  • Bass wise I like SD, the ES felt a bit shallower.I changed tips and got some seal, but the body was not there.

These are just thoughts, would not consider myself an expert so keep that in mind

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #92 of 110
Aww damn, I just realized what you meant :\

ES5 is more "meaty" than the Velvet, but this doesn't affect the resolution and details overall. Vocal and instruments on ES5 feel 3D-ish, positioning is easy to recognize, and a little wider sound stage and more controlled bass than EM32 (EM32's bass is it's what makes it stands out from its brothers but sometimes the bass is excessive for certain music types IMO)

All of the things mentioned above combined together creates an enjoyable yet non-exhausting hearing experience. I'd definitely recommend this model if you are looking for an update from the ES2, ES3, and Velvet.

This is my first attempt writing down my thoughts about an earphone in English, I hope you guys like it.

Can you write more about comparsion ES Velvet vs ES ES-5,please?
Differences in frequencies and so on.

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #93 of 110
Could someone to write real sound difference between ES Velvet and ES ES5,please?

Nov 18, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #94 of 110
Dec 1, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #95 of 110
I was able to spend a couple of hours. Felt night and day on use. Preferred the SD5.

• Fit no doubt InEar has this figured out
  • The fit helps with seal
  • The Mid and High territory seem to be kind a similar, I did hear some peaks or crossings on some tracks that I felt the SD also handled a bit better, weird for me I heard some EDM and ES for some reason gave me a sensation that it represented better the beats on thisbtypeof genre, only 2 tracks
  • Bass wise I like SD, the ES felt a bit shallower.I changed tips and got some seal, but the body was not there.

These are just thoughts, would not consider myself an expert so keep that in mind

SD5 - the wood version or the normal one?

Jan 29, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #96 of 110
im trying to decide which too get. this or the andro. which is more comfortable is what i think it will come down too. ive heard some people say they have fit issues with andro. i love the truly comfortable stock tip xelento and dont want too go away from that. the es5 is 800 currently on amazon which is nice. also i heard the andro is highly source dependent? and i will be just powering with a hidizs sonata which i like. seems like all things point too es5 if you cant tell (; just want a more experienced audiophiler too chime in.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #98 of 110
Posted some impressions here

I think you accidentally posted your review as the Head Gear item instead of as a review for a head gear item.

Jan 22, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #99 of 110
I think you accidentally posted your review as the Head Gear item instead of as a review for a head gear item.
Yes. I think the interface changed a little bit from the last time I published anything...I don't know how to move it to Reviews)

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #100 of 110
Yes. I think the interface changed a little bit from the last time I published anything...I don't know how to move it to Reviews)

At the bottom of the information page there's a block that says "rate and review item" with five stars, when you select a star rating it opens up an editing box for typing in the review.
idk if you can edit the 'general information' you already posted? might have to message a mod

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #101 of 110
At the bottom of the information page there's a block that says "rate and review item" with five stars, when you select a star rating it opens up an editing box for typing in the review.
idk if you can edit the 'general information' you already posted? might have to message a mod
Thanks. I will try.

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #104 of 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Back