Earsonics ES5 impressions thread!
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #106 of 110
Mabye,you are right!
I sell my Earsonics Velvet and I donˇt test Purple or ES-5.
Purple must be better. It is evolution of ES-5. :)
Now I have Oriolus MK-2 and it sounds amazing.

Jan 24, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #108 of 110
Yes. I had only V1,clear edition.
Oriolus has better resolution,tonality,middle and midbass than Velvet.
Velvet has bigger focus on sub-bas and highs.
Altogerher...MK-2 is better.
From all what I heard was only Campfire Solaris better than MK-2(same tonality and configuration).

Sorry for my bad english. :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #109 of 110
Yes. I had only V1,clear edition.
Oriolus has better resolution,tonality,middle and midbass than Velvet.
Velvet has bigger focus on sub-bas and highs.
Altogerher...MK-2 is better.
From all what I heard was only Campfire Solaris better than MK-2(same tonality and configuration).

Sorry for my bad english. :)
Thanks, I've tried the Purple in the balanced mode, better midrange, treble and resolution than the Velvet but still something strange in tonality.
Somehow too expensive for what it is but also very interesting, I'll keep an eye on it.

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #110 of 110
There is something odd about Earsonics house sound, I notice this more with the legendary SM64 which is a pain in the ass getting a good seal. Crinacle considers the SM64 and its bigger siblings to have a messed up midrange and tonality but unjustifiably so. To me this signature is an unique one that isn't necessarily bad at all. Instead of going right in your face, its level of details invites you to gradually appreciate its character, not to get assailed straight away - similar to having acquired tastes for older Audio Technicas.

When fully inserted (with fingers supporting it :triportsad:), the bass on SM64 truly awakes, the subbass is one of the lowest I have ever heard, albeit lacking body. Upper frequencies shines, lush and not metallic with coherent, detailed treble; delicate and nimble which is uplifting. Its agility could keep up with the pace of fast metal and rock passages, though I'd appreciate more warmth and body. I guess SM64 needs a good fitting to truly shine, hence am gonna get this sucker to customs someday.

The LARGEST flaw is not getting the form factor right for Universal designs, don't know if it applies to its other models, but I had no problems fitting the Purple, a major improvement in all areas which truly lives up to its name. I do wish to experience the ES5, S-EM6, S-EM9 in the UK and relive my flair with the Purples and Velvets but definitely not in this current situtation.... :disappointed_relieved: *sry for rambling all over*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back