Earsonics ES5 impressions thread!
Dec 3, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #46 of 110
Hello,

As I don’t have the Velvet anymore, I can only speak by memory. Their common point, dynamics, fluidity, transparence.

What the Se5 do better, they are fuller all over the spectrum, richer in particular in the mediums and the soundstage is more 3D.They share the same technicity but with more musicality.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #48 of 110
Hello,

As I don’t have the Velvet anymore, I can only speak by memory. Their common point, dynamics, fluidity, transparence.

What the Se5 do better, they are fuller all over the spectrum, richer in particular in the mediums and the soundstage is more 3D.They share the same technicity but with more musicality.

...and resolution a separation?
Thanks

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #49 of 110
From what I remember resolution and separation is a tad better on the ES5.

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #50 of 110
Hello cfc7

Without any hesitation, having the EM32, I will say the ES5... Now it depends on what kind of sound you like but if you are searching for a balanced, lively, organic sound, I’ll go with the ES5.

Em32 share the same house sound but with lot (perhaps to much) sub bass and a tad colored hight with a little bit ressessed mids.
(Kind ow « w » signature). ES 5 is more balanced and there’s no evident part of the spectrum that is pushed forward but at the same time, isn’t boring at all... everything is dynamic and lively...

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #51 of 110
Hello cfc7

Without any hesitation, having the EM32, I will say the ES5... Now it depends on what kind of sound you like but if you are searching for a balanced, lively, organic sound, I’ll go with the ES5.

Em32 share the same house sound but with lot (perhaps to much) sub bass and a tad colored hight with a little bit ressessed mids.
(Kind ow « w » signature). ES 5 is more balanced and there’s no evident part of the spectrum that is pushed forward but at the same time, isn’t boring at all... everything is dynamic and lively...

Thanks!

Lively and organic are 2 of the keywords for the sound that I'm looking for.
More than an organic sound, I'm looking for full-bodied notes with a rich presentation and a midrange with dense and solid vocals.
Also I want more weight in the lower midrange for adding more substance to the sound.
All these without affecting the technicality too much.
Would you say the ES5 will tick all the boxes here?

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #52 of 110
Without a doubt!

You can ask other owners but yes one of the strength of the ES5 are the richness of the medium, their timbre, their details... I dont really think you would be disappointed.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #53 of 110
Well..when I first saw the signature on the ES site, I was thinking they are quite the opposite, bass light, thin midrange and leaning towards a bright sound due to enhanced mids, upper mids and treble.

Now you made me to reconsider this IEM a lot.

My gut feeling is that for an organic sound I will have to go back to dynamic drivers - be it a single one or a hybrid IEM.
But the fact is, that liking so much the Velvet, something strange is keeping me stuck with the ES sound and very tempted to try some other IEMs.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #54 of 110
Listening to the Es5 plus OC Studio monarch balanced plus sp1000cu after hours of burning in, the sound is awesome, what a 3d stage, detail, ambience, i am breathless is awesome to find how good the es5 reacts to the upgrade in cable and a top source like the sp1000

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #57 of 110
Few days ago, I was asking above if the ES5 is having full-bodied notes with a dense midrange for the vocals, my initial impressions being for a bass-light and brighter sound signature, from what I saw on the ES site.
The answer was affirmative, they have the sound what I'm looking for.

Now I read on headfonia that:
"This is a more forward and dare I say brighter sounding IEM though. Lovers of big bodied mids and bass need to look elsewhere..."

Suddenly, the true became misty.

Who should I believe? :)

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #58 of 110
It depends on what you mean with full midrange. I agree on the fact that the ES5 is clearly not a midcentric IEM, and if you look for this type of iem, the SE5 are not but I find the midrange balanced and bodied in confrontation with the rest of the spectrum. It remains a balanced sound with great body all over the spectrum and midrange manage to give great body for male and female voices.

To my ears, it has slightly more body in mediums than Em32 but less than EM10 that push clearly forward medium and tend to tame the higher frequencies.

I personnlay would not call the ES5 bright...

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #59 of 110
More body than EM32 sounds interesting.
Anyway, it seems that the most relevant test would be to try them, but unfortunately I have no chance for the moment.

Maybe if someone can make a direct comparison with the Velvet (2nd version) which I have now, will bring some more light.

Thanks!

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #60 of 110
Unfortunately I really dont remember how sounded the mids on the Velvets 1 but I’m quite sure that the ES5 would not have less mids... Of course it would be better for you to try before... Sorry if I can not help you more.;-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back