New earphones for bass head
Sep 1, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #16 of 65
Turbine, Turbine pearl, MTP Gold, TF10Pro(highely recommended), UE 5EB(highely recommended), Denon C710, HJE900, EX510, EX600 and GR07.

Sep 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #18 of 65
Hey guys! I decided to get the Monster Turbines. The Radius DDMs did look pretty good, but the price of the Turbines(~$80) put them on the top. I just hope they are better than the $15 Philips SHE 9550 I have right now, which are earphone by the way!(Especially for the price). I will order them later today or tomorrow and then post my thoughts after getting them. Thanks for the help!

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #21 of 65
Hey guys! I got the Turbines today! One word: Amazing. I know now why cheap headphones suck so bad. I listened to some songs that I have known for a long time and I have pretty much memorized them. The song completely changed with the Turbines! There is just so much more detail. These are worth getting! Especially for the price I got($80). The bass is kinda muddy right now, but that will probably clean up with a little burn in. Will report back in a couple days after they get a chance to burn in.

BTW the pouch and case that comes with the headphones is very nice and has a nice feel to it. This was my first time trying tri flange tips too, and I like them. The only downside is that they make my ears itch. 

The only negative is that the cord seems kind of thin. I don't think it will last too long. But I guess that's what the warranty is for. Thanks to everyone for the input. 

I can't even imagine what a nicer pair of custom headphones sound like. 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #24 of 65
And does anyone know what can cause the itching in side my ear? With the standard tip I don't feel anything, but when I use the tri flanges after 5 minutes I really start to feel something in my ear. 

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #25 of 65
It's the tiny hair follicles within your ear. I experienced the very same thing the first few days of the tri flanges. Soon afterwards, they became rather softer and slightly more flexible than before, and when worn, the itching stopped altogether. A relative of mine, whom I recommended the tri-flanges to, went through the exact same experience, only to report that it caused him itching at first, and after a few days time, the itching sensation disappeared for him as well. Bare in mind that apart from the flanges, not many tips would ever insert that deep into the canal. Hence it's also an entirely new feeling, which takes some time to become accustomed to. Rest assured, if you're patient, the itching should dissear altogether. :)

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #26 of 65
Thanks for the info!! How deep should the tri flanges go? Both sizes that came with my headphones fit. the larger ones feel really uncomfortable, and the small ones go really deep inside. which should I use? 

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #27 of 65
If one feels uncomfortable for you my friend (apart from the itching, which is to be expected of either), I'd recommend the ones that offer a deep insertion, without said discomfort. Else, don't beat yourself up over it. If neither one offers you long term comfort, it's best to look elsewhere. I can't stress enough the importance of finding the right tips for your ears. It can quite literally turn a frown, upside-down. 
frown.gif
smile.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #28 of 65
I second the Denon AH-C710, they have solid bass that i found to be perfect for hip hop. You're not going to get the kind of bass achievable with large drivers, but you can't really expect that.

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #29 of 65
Atrio M5 with MG7 transducer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back