New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion
Mar 28, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #2,971 of 5,077
Has anybody compared DFR to Xduoo XD-05 maybe? They are exactly the same price in my country, DFR has better form factor but XD offers a lot of additional features but the sound is most important question

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #2,972 of 5,077
I asked to Audioquest about the next (first) firmware upgarde of DFR/DFB. Here is the answer:

"The MQA update will be available to download for free via the Desktop Manager app on our website: http://www.audioquest.com/dragonfly-series/#downloads.  Barring any unforeseen issues, it should be available in the next couple of weeks or so.  If you registered your Dragonfly, you will receive an email when it's available.

Best regards,

Alasdair Patrick
AudioQuest
2621 White Rd., Irvine, CA 92614
AQ Main: 949-585-0111 
www.audioquest.com"

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #2,973 of 5,077
I asked to Audioquest about the next (first) firmware upgarde of DFR/DFB. Here is the answer:

"The MQA update will be available to download for free via the Desktop Manager app on our website: [COLOR=0000FF]http://www.audioquest.com/dragonfly-series/#downloads[/COLOR].  Barring any unforeseen issues, it should be available in the next couple of weeks or so.  If you registered your Dragonfly, you will receive an email when it's available.

Best regards,

Alasdair Patrick
AudioQuest
2621 White Rd., Irvine, CA 92614
AQ Main: 949-585-0111 
[COLOR=0000FF]www.audioquest.com"[/COLOR]

They have been saying a week or two for months now.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #2,974 of 5,077
60527363.jpg

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #2,979 of 5,077
They have been saying a week or two for months now.

The thing about firmware updates is that it's often better to never have them than it is to have them rushed out and bricking devices in the process.

That's fine, then Audioquest shouldn't be constantly promising the firmware update at a certain time and then breaking the promise. They have done it several times. They should just say it will be ready when it's ready. They have been dangling the carrot then pulling it back and Dragonfly owners are just supposed to say nothing about it?

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #2,980 of 5,077
@svemo
I followed your suggestion, got myself new t5p2 on ebay for 800€... and they are perfect with DFR! Finally something that I am happy with.

Congrats on the purchase, I'm glad you like them too! :) In my opinion, they're even better with Brainwavz HM5 angled pads which very subtly boost the bass and don't break the bank. Check out the Beyer T5P thread for some more info :wink:

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #2,981 of 5,077
"The MQA update will be available to download for free via the Desktop Manager app on our website: http://www.audioquest.com/dragonfly-series/#downloads.  Barring any unforeseen issues, it should be available in the next couple of weeks or so.  If you registered your Dragonfly, you will receive an email when it's available.

I can not understand how a such prestigious brand has this kind of behaviour, it must be really difficult if impossible to update, I bet we will see new dragons than an update for this generation.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #2,983 of 5,077
  Apple released iOS 10.3 update yesterday. Has anyone tried a USB 2 adapter with the update? I wonder if it solved the problem with pops and clicks.

For me, it did not.

(I previously posted about the CCK3; I also have a CCK2)

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #2,984 of 5,077
I just purchased the audioengine A5+ speakers from crutchfield. I am looking for a portable USB Dac that will improve the sound of the speakers only. I am not interested at this point in improving the sound quality of headphones. I have narrowed down to audioquest dragonfly black or audioengine D3. I enjoy sound that has a nice bass to it without becoming overwhelmed.

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #2,985 of 5,077
  I just purchased the audioengine A5+ speakers from crutchfield. I am looking for a portable USB Dac that will improve the sound of the speakers only. I am not interested at this point in improving the sound quality of headphones. I have narrowed down to audioquest dragonfly black or audioengine D3. I enjoy sound that has a nice bass to it without becoming overwhelmed.

In addition how do they compare to the FiiO dacs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back