New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #4,938 of 5,077
How do you guys carry the DF (doesn't matter red or black) I find it pretty annoying to take it in the pocket
Mostly I just hold it and my phone in my hand, though, like joesuburb said, it'll usually stay connected if you let it dangle out of your pocket. I got sick of people looking at the glowing dragonfly, so I don't do that often.

Hey @CactusPete23, do you have a link to that cable? Is it short? I've never found a cable that I really like.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #4,939 of 5,077
Mostly I just hold it and my phone in my hand, though, like joesuburb said, it'll usually stay connected if you let it dangle out of your pocket. I got sick of people looking at the glowing dragonfly, so I don't do that often.

Hey @CactusPete23, do you have a link to that cable? Is it short? I've never found a cable that I really like.

Similar to this one >>> https://www.amazon.com/KiWiBiRD-Degree-Adapter-MacBook-Devices/dp/B07BP3L926 Not super short, but DF won't go off the edge of phone when stretched out. It places the DF's headphone jack pointing up ! Cheaper ones if you search amazon. 90 Degree (OR Right Angle) and USB C OTG should get you there.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #4,940 of 5,077
Jul 18, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #4,941 of 5,077
I like the DFR a lot, together with fiio FH7 it's a dream, but with Android (even with fw 1.07) I constantly fear from blasting my ears , even if media volume is set correctly it's enough to forget that notification volume is high to blast my ears by mistake , is there any solution to that ? How is the DFR with iPhone ?

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #4,942 of 5,077
I like the DFR a lot, together with fiio FH7 it's a dream, but with Android (even with fw 1.07) I constantly fear from blasting my ears , even if media volume is set correctly it's enough to forget that notification volume is high to blast my ears by mistake , is there any solution to that ? How is the DFR with iPhone ?
Try USB Audio Player Pro. It costs $8, I think, but it's money well spent. It has extensive volume controls. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Spotify, but it works with local files, Tidal, Google Play Music, and maybe some others I'm not thinking of.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #4,946 of 5,077
Already tried UAPP , it's good but how do you set the volume to not blast into your ears?

Anyone with iOS experience with the DFR ?
Settings >> Volume >> Volume steps. This allows you to get more control. It goes up to 100 steps, but I have mine set at 50 and don't need anything more.

If you still need more control:
Settings >> USB audio >> Bit perfect mode >> Off
Then:
UAPP home screen >> button that looks like a graphic EQ >> Hardware Vol. This allows you to set a max volume. I haven't used it in a long time, but I think the way I used to do it was to set the main volume to the middle and then adjust the "hardware volume" slider so that it's just louder than my normal listening level. No harm in experimenting to find what works for you.

Hope this helps.

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #4,947 of 5,077
Randomly realized last night that I forgot to answer part of your question, randomly remembered again this morning (my brain is weird)... Since it's a system sound, the only way to turn down notifications volume is through the phone's volume settings. Unfortunately, that means that when you turn down notifications sounds through the DFR, it also affects the sound when you unplug it as well. For me that's better than blasting my eardrums every time I get a text.

One of my friends is a rapid fire texter and while I was at the grocery store she must've sent me half a dozen texts before I could turn the volume down or get my IEMs out. I must've looked like Kramer in the pasta aisle.
giphy.gif

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #4,948 of 5,077
Randomly realized last night that I forgot to answer part of your question, randomly remembered again this morning (my brain is weird)... Since it's a system sound, the only way to turn down notifications volume is through the phone's volume settings. Unfortunately, that means that when you turn down notifications sounds through the DFR, it also affects the sound when you unplug it as well. For me that's better than blasting my eardrums every time I get a text.

One of my friends is a rapid fire texter and while I was at the grocery store she must've sent me half a dozen texts before I could turn the volume down or get my IEMs out. I must've looked like

With the UAPP App you don't get any system sounds or notifications from your phone. Same when using Foobar2000 on your computer... Only your music will go to the DF (or any DAP).

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #4,949 of 5,077
With the UAPP App you don't get any system sounds or notifications from your phone. Same when using Foobar2000 on your computer... Only your music will go to the DF (or any DAP).
Right. Meant to mention that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back