New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion
Feb 16, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #2,731 of 5,077
Using my iPhone 6s, got the random pops and click problem but I used my friend's iPhone 7, no issues using the same adaptor and DFR.
Is there a workaround. I'm using the slim CCK rather than the bulkier CCK that enables changing at the same time.

Reboot my iPhone 6s now, we'd see

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #2,733 of 5,077
Using my iPhone 6s, got the random pops and click problem but I used my friend's iPhone 7, no issues using the same adaptor and DFR.
Is there a workaround. I'm using the slim CCK rather than the bulkier CCK that enables changing at the same time.

Reboot my iPhone 6s now, we'd see

Your experience is similar to mine. I tested both my DFR and DFB with four iDevices (using the slim CCK). I had the problem on both DFs with one device but not with the others. The bulkier CCK eliminated the problem, but also the most recent version of iOS reduced it significantly (to the point that if I can enjoy the music) with the older CCK.

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #2,734 of 5,077
Your experience is similar to mine. I tested both my DFR and DFB with four iDevices (using the slim CCK). I had the problem on both DFs with one device but not with the others. The bulkier CCK eliminated the problem, but also the most recent version of iOS reduced it significantly (to the point that if I can enjoy the music) with the older CCK.

My iPad Air and my friend's iphone 7s plus no problem but my 6s has issues . Maybe the next iOS patch solves it . I'm using the slim converter.

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #2,735 of 5,077
I have a library of mixed sample rate and bit depth recordings (44/16,88/24,96/24).  I usually use JRiver 22 or Roon to play the files.  Is there anyway to setup the Dragonfly Red so that it automatically switches to the right sample rate and bit depth?  I hate having to set it for the highest and depend on Windows 10 to upconvert or downconvert to make it work.

Also, if you have to manually adjust sample rate and bit depth knowing what they're supposed to be, how could you stream MQA properly without adjusting it track by track listening to a streaming service?

Thanks, I'm thinking of returning the DFR and getting something else.

Feb 17, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #2,736 of 5,077
  I have a library of mixed sample rate and bit depth recordings (44/16,88/24,96/24).  I usually use JRiver 22 or Roon to play the files.  Is there anyway to setup the Dragonfly Red so that it automatically switches to the right sample rate and bit depth?  I hate having to set it for the highest and depend on Windows 10 to upconvert or downconvert to make it work.

Also, if you have to manually adjust sample rate and bit depth knowing what they're supposed to be, how could you stream MQA properly without adjusting it track by track listening to a streaming service?

Thanks, I'm thinking of returning the DFR and getting something else.

Proper bit rate changes for me using these settings:

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #2,737 of 5,077
My 1st post here. I'm no audiophile but I do like the clarity of good equipment. Used to have a very nice HiFi but now with tenitis, I need HeadFi to hear what I used to from speakers. Enjoying the DragonFly Red/computer with DT880 (HD700) coming to compare).
Any thoughts on running the Red through an iCAN SE?

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #2,742 of 5,077
At the very most (considering that 24/96 sits firmly in the usb2 standard), it could be due to improved power on the port.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #2,743 of 5,077
Hi

I have a DR Red connected to a iPhone 7 using the slim/old CCK, and playing files right from the phone they would play for about a minute then stop so I have to keep going into my phone to press play again. Any body experience this? It's really annoying. I'm on the latest software. Thanks

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #2,744 of 5,077
Hi

I have a DR Red connected to a iPhone 7 using the slim/old CCK, and playing files right from the phone they would play for about a minute then stop so I have to keep going into my phone to press play again. Any body experience this? It's really annoying. I'm on the latest software. Thanks

I have the same exact problem.  Very frustrating.  I have read in earlier posts that you are supposed to get the larger CCK that can accept the lightning cable for additional power.  This seems very bulky and "non-portable."  

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #2,745 of 5,077
I have the same exact problem.  Very frustrating.  I have read in earlier posts that you are supposed to get the larger CCK that can accept the lightning cable for additional power.  This seems very bulky and "non-portable."  

Thanks for the quick response. I might have to try the larger one then, at this point it seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back