New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion
Feb 3, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #2,596 of 5,077
Agreed, re practicality of DFR vs Mojo
smily_headphones1.gif

As an aside, can you link me to the OTG adapter you're waiting for? I keep snagging mine, so would be good to have a neater / tidier solution... Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure if its going to be any good but intend to Velcro DFR to back of my Z5 compact which should make up the gap size & keep secure. This one is the right direction. May be too big a gap but worth a try seeing as so cheap. The cable I already use above was only about £3 anyway.

On UK Amazon:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LEX5XTE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #2,598 of 5,077
Feb 3, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #2,600 of 5,077
Any Nexus 5 users here with DF? My DFB will be arriving soon, please let me know if there's anything I need to be aware of. I've ordered the dragontail and know about UAPP, anything else for N5?  Thanks.

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #2,601 of 5,077
In audio it's all about matching. I found my Denon MM400's sounded thin and lacked substance with the DFR. There was not a substantial difference between my iphone6+ and DFR.

I'm torn at this moment as I'm contemplating on purchasing a different amp all together or simply buy another HP with a different sound signature all together.

I find it strange that there is little following for the Peachtree shift. The SQ from that amplifier matched with my iphone 6+ was extremely smooth and musical. With less efficient headphones like the Denon mm400 the peachtree was extremely engaging.

I'll admit I'm having a wonderful time testing new HP toys.....

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #2,602 of 5,077
Not sure if its going to be any good but intend to Velcro DFR to back of my Z5 compact which should make up the gap size & keep secure. This one is the right direction. May be too big a gap but worth a try seeing as so cheap. The cable I already use above was only about £3 anyway.

On UK Amazon:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LEX5XTE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
thanks!

Ordered one, which may will bring my Z5 Premium out of retirement! :)

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #2,603 of 5,077
I am newbie here, i had DFR 8months and realy can't wait for update to fix volume, because i have pluged in Nvidia Shield and output conected directly to amp and even on max volume it's so low. When i play trough UAPP everything works fine. But i have another question, it`s there any chance to fix sample rate or chose the right one when i play trough android system only? When i play Youtube or Movies, android os set DFR to max sample rate. I just read maybe its possible with rooting device(but i worry about warranty) and change the some system file.

Thank's for answers and sorry for my english :wink:

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #2,604 of 5,077
I am newbie here, i had DFR 8months and realy can't wait for update to fix volume, because i have pluged in Nvidia Shield and output conected directly to amp and even on max volume it's so low. When i play trough UAPP everything works fine. But i have another question, it`s there any chance to fix sample rate or chose the right one when i play trough android system only? When i play Youtube or Movies, android os set DFR to max sample rate. I just read maybe its possible with rooting device(but i worry about warranty) and change the some system file.

Thank's for answers and sorry for my english :wink:

Audio played through the Android system will be resampled. The only way to change this is to use an app such as UAPP which bypasses system audio or to change the audio config files which require root, even then it isn't bit perfect playback.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #2,605 of 5,077
Feb 4, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #2,606 of 5,077
To prove that I'm still using my DFR, the LG DAC has been relegated in favor of a case (good job too, dropped this phone twice in the past two days!)

As much as I've ordered the USB adapter mentioned a few posts back, wish there was an equivalent for USB C...

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,608 of 5,077
  I have both the Mojo and the Dragonfly Red and I prefer the Dragonfly Red, particularly for travel. 

The Mojo is more musical but I just think the Red is very close and the Mojo will stay in one of my desktop setups. 

Is the DF far behind the Mojo? I find the Mojo a bit big to carry around in my pocket, and was considering a DF. Hate the cables for the Mojo too, I either get a DF or splash out on Poly.

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #2,609 of 5,077
I think the Mojo is just slightly better than the Dragonfly Red. 

For the money, the Red is the better value. I do wish to Red had stronger amplification thus I would recommend 
earphones that are easy to drive as opposed to Sennheisers,etc. 

If you have hard to drive headphones I would go with Mojo. 

I am using Shure 846 earphones with the Red and it is a perfect match. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back