New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Aug 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #468 of 1,588
Quote:

Yea I've experienced this with a lot of headphones, if the ears gets closer to the driver it usually leads to more forward sounding midrange and when the ear gets further away from the driver it gets to a more V-shape sound. That's still a very interesting observation though.

Mids more forward & enjoyable on DT770? Sounds like these new Denons really aren't for me at least.

My DT770 seem to be the bass heavy version and they are the 600ohm version- if you have not heard these, don't make assumptions about their quality, they perform above their price point (with pleather pads which warms them up)

Aug 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #475 of 1,588
i tried an in store demo of the d600 and compared them to the d5000 beside it (they both have prob couple hundred hours of burn in time since they are on all the time)
i wont go into too much detail about the sound since the store was noisy 
the d600 are really comfortable but i could easily tell the bass on these were boosted alot compared to the d5k, to my ears they werent bleeding into the mids, just very strong bass
they were both played through peachtree nova
the comfort on the d600 were so much better than the d5k, had the right amount of clamp, without it being too strong unlike the d400

edit:
i tried the d400 (check my other post in d400 thread

and i attempted to test the ad-300 earbuds...
they were so big i couldnt get them to fit in my ears (to get an idea, i use the red sony hybrids on the vsonic gr07 and medium tips on the klipsch s4)
the sound bore didnt look too big but once the tips (clear with blue bore) were put on, even the smallest tips that came with them didnt fit
also the rubber fin made matters worse for me- you can take them off though
and the wire has a decent thickness to them but they retain some quite a bit of memory compared to the vsonic gr07 wire

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #476 of 1,588
Why do some people post multiple paragraphs without actually mentioning sound quality?

You just posted 3 paragraphs and out of that 1 sentence was actually talking about the sound quality. (no offense meant BTW just an observation
etysmile.gif
)

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #477 of 1,588
Aug 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #478 of 1,588
Quote:
Why do some people post multiple paragraphs without actually mentioning sound quality?

You just posted 3 paragraphs and out of that 1 sentence was actually talking about the sound quality. (no offense meant BTW just an observation
etysmile.gif
)

i dont think people would consider "sounds good" a review about the sound quality
the store was noisy plus i was listening to music that i dont usually listen to so i dont have something to compare the sound to

edit: no offense taken though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back