New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #151 of 1,588
Quote:

Sorry.
I was meaning that any headphone priced at a grand isn't really going to take off as the bigtime FOTM. Something near enough a hundred dollars/pounds can though- like the fiio's, ie8, m50, this, that...

Not true.

FOTM has little to do with overall sales figures and more to do with the prevailing attitude toward the products in question here on the forums. Can happen, and has, at higher price points.

Case in point: LCD-2 rev.1, Edition 9, CD3000, etc.

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #153 of 1,588
Quote:
So I am more on the fence about these new Denons than before this thread started.  There are so many mixed reviews.  I am looking forward to more reviews next week to see if there is some sort of consensus regarding the character and sonic signature of these.  I liked the looks since they were announced.  I think the beauty is in the simplicity of the design. 

I do prefer a bassier sound with hard-hitting punch and extension, but with more neutral highs.  Also, I am looking for a higher end can for portable use and would never have considered the old Denons for that, but the new ones would work.  It would also be great to have comparisons between the AH-D600 and AH-7100.  If Amazon drops the price on the AH-D600 to $400 again, I may even break out my credit card so that I could share my own review.

I love Denons sound and that's why I took a risk getting them knowing I can easily return them but when I heard that tight punchy deep hard kicking bass, best I heard from my portable player after just 12 hours of burn-in with great refined details. Tommorow after they gonna have over 70 hours of burn-in I will compare them with D7000 on my computer system driven just by headphones amp of Asus Xonar STX

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #154 of 1,588
Quote:
I don't know why people complaining about D600's sound quality maybe their gear isn't good match for them but I'm very happy to hear how they sound. They have wider and airier soundstage than DT1350while this could be explained that since D600 are over-ear and have bigger and ticker pads than on-ear DT1350 so there more room between driver and ear canal with D600, also for me D600 have more refined details than DT1350 plus DT1350 are brighter.

It doesn't seem very fair to compare a $500 full sized can with a $300 portable can :/.

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #155 of 1,588
Quote:
I have several Chinese audio products, and they are very good. The popular stigma is against their products is not reasonable today..

Or for instance, iBasso products, for the electronics? Or how about the hifiman line? Or this. Or the MP4Nation products, e.g., a while back I was using their Nationite 16gb audio player for listening to my lossless collection outside. Great hardware. In fact, newer Esmooth wooden headphones are great, too.

Back on track. I am interested in the Denon 7100, that is, I am interested exclusively in any new closed headphones--because of where I them when I have time.

People mentioned a V or U-shaped signature? Is it anywhere like the ATH-W5000 (except with a lot more bass)?

The Chinese audiophile headphone community is bustling nowadays, it would only make sense that there'd be a robust line of audiophile gear manufacturers popping up there.

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #157 of 1,588
Quote:

It doesn't seem very fair to compare a $500 full sized can with a $300 portable can :/.

Some people including me gonna use them with portable players that's why I'm trying to say about their advantages over great sounding  DT1350. Also Denon created them for use with iPhone/iPod in mind and even provides special short cable for that

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #158 of 1,588
Quote:
Some people including me gonna use them with portable players that's why I'm trying to say about their advantages over great sounding  DT1350. Also Denon created them for use with iPhone/iPod in mind and even provides special short cable for that

Ah, how's the leakage comparing to d5000/d7000? because the old series is really not suitable for portable use imo. 

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #162 of 1,588
Funny, two minutes after posting this I unintentionally confirmed it. I lowered the headphone for a minute and when I went to put them back on the cable hooked on something and both connectors pulled free.

Quote:
No, the cables seat with a nice click but if you were sitting and stood up with the cable getting caught on something they would probably pull free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back