New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #61 of 1,588
I'm still waiting for someone to get on this thread and claim the D7100 is the new cure for cancer. I'm surprised the "this headphone is the bestest in the whole wide world" crowd hasn't showed up yet. That sort of silliness is usually good enough for a few laughs. Oh wait, I stand corrected I missed a couple of key posts..............let the hilarity commence.

(click on me get a free D7100)

Somebody needs a hug.

Really? I'm curious where you've heard it. Yes, lately it's been anticipation about how these will sound. Before, it was all about how ugly they were. Now that it's being released, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #63 of 1,588
Quote:
Really? I'm curious where you've heard it. Yes, lately it's been anticipation about how these will sound. Before, it was all about how ugly they were. Now that it's being released, it doesn't seem to be the case.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message
tongue.gif

this is the same thing I mentioned in the other thread... haha..

if the hd800 sounds dull compared with this headphone, maybe i should'nt try to demo this at all?

Sent from a Korean Space Warship with Tapatalk

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #64 of 1,588
Quote:
I also have a slim head and headband touches only small area on top the rest is hanging in the air as with Beats

This, right here, all but makes these Denons a non-factor in my purchasing decisions.  I don't get why manufacturers dream up these wonky designs that put weight on a small area of the head.  It wasn't until recently that I've tried/purchased a string of 'phones that exhibit this unpleasant attribute and have come to the realization that it's one of my biggest headphone peeves.

They can mulch the competition in sound quality, but if they're not comfortable enough to carry me through a few albums in one sitting I have no use for them.

EDIT: And vice versa, to be fair.  Beyers in the vein of the DT770 are the most comfortable I've ever worn, but their sound signatures always cause fatigue and/or exhibit critical flaws/annoyances.

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #65 of 1,588
Finally got them! The D600.

Quick impressions. Box and presentation are VERY nice. Looks like a true luxury product.

Cable is the best I've encountered on a full sized pair.

Unfortunately, I'm already getting fit issues. These fit very awkwardly, similar to the SRH1840.

Sound wise, HOLY BASS!

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #66 of 1,588
I didn't have enough time to get into nuances and to split sonic signatures between two semi-similar headphones, just to compare to my favourites: HD600, DT880 600Ω and T1. Both have a thicker sound compared to the DT880, but if they didn't this thread wouldn't exist. Denon have established that house sound fairly well over the years. I was surprised by the placement of intstruments, which was very very good, and by the price tag. I live in Japan, so I expected them to be cheaper. I think they cost more here than abroad. You guys get all the luck.

Construction is much better than it looks, far better than the old version. Cable well done. Overall nice, but not my sonic preference.
Quote:
What are the sonic differences between the 600 & 7100?

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #67 of 1,588
Quote:

This, right here, all but makes these Denons a non-factor in my purchasing decisions.  I don't get why manufacturers dream up these wonky designs that put weight on a small area of the head.  It wasn't until recently that I've tried/purchased a string of 'phones that exhibit this unpleasant attribute and have come to the realization that it's one of my biggest headphone peeves.

They can mulch the competition in sound quality, but if they're not comfortable enough to carry me through a few albums in one sitting I have no use for them.

EDIT: And vice versa, to be fair.  Beyers in the vein of the DT770 are the most comfortable I've ever worn, but their sound signatures always cause fatigue and/or exhibit critical flaws/annoyances.

I don't like that either - but so many headphones do that these days, it's not like it's avoidable. It also depends on our head to a degree too.

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #68 of 1,588
Aug 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #69 of 1,588
Can someone tell me if these are easier on the ears than the D2000?

Do they have less bright treble and less sibilance?

Those aspects of the D2000 led to me selling them but I am interested in the D600 if they are a bit smoother.

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #70 of 1,588
This is off the short cable but the little red and white plastic parts are the same. This makes the connectors just tricky enough to be a problem. Connectors designed with the original iphone in mind will work but those are almost certainly going to be stereo. Most regular 3.5mm connectors won't seat properly in the headphone and fall out.

Quote:
Would someone with the D7100 please post a close up picture of the cable connector ends. Thanks

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #73 of 1,588
Quote:
I don't like that either - but so many headphones do that these days, it's not like it's avoidable. It also depends on our head to a degree too.

Yes it depends on the shape of your head, that's why i prefer old stile but after wearing for 2 day with total about 3 hours they are comfortable for me but i can still feel their weight while D7000 are put on and forget they are here.
Yes HOLY tight punchy deep well controlled, [ADD YOUR FAVORITE POSITIVE WORDS HERE] BASS. FORGET YOUR DT770 or bright DT990. Excellent natural clear detailed mids and highs just with portable player

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #74 of 1,588
Quote:
Oh, and one thing quick. This is interesting.

The Bose AE2 just arrived a few minutes ago. So far, they're smokin' the D600.

(Based off quick initial impressions, but still testing)

Bose and good don't usually occur in the same sentence. Neither should it be "smokin'" the D600. The Bose is less than half the cost of a D600. I am very skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back