New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #1,262 of 1,588
Quote:
The Denon C300 are super bassheavy and pretty big in size but they offers clear mids, highs and realy wide soundstage. IMO Denon D600 sound great (very detailed and good bass) out of many DAPs like Clip+ and sound even better with AMPs help. It sound better than M80, P5, Momentum and many other closed portable headphones.

No, the Momentum completely destroys it. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #1,263 of 1,588
Quote:
D7100 too expensive!! Not sure if it's worth it!! I might try them if they fixed the bass. From my experience D7000 had quite powerful but reckless bass... Not clear enough to grasp the position or texture of the percussions. Really hope D7100 had everything fixed!

Definitely not worth it. They sound like the D600s with some minor differences (more bass, smoother treble)

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #1,264 of 1,588
D7100 too expensive!! Not sure if it's worth it!! I might try them if they fixed the bass. From my experience D7000 had quite powerful but reckless bass... Not clear enough to grasp the position or texture of the percussions. Really hope D7100 had everything fixed!

I got a deal on my D7100's and they have been very nice headphone, no complaints.

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #1,268 of 1,588
Quote:
Did you actually own a pair of D7100's?

No, why would I make such a poor decision on such a large purchase?

I was planning on being an owner until I heard a pair. Then I was so damn hopeful I sat down and gave serious time with a friend's pair who had recently purchased them. Luckily he had purchased them from a company with a really good return policy. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #1,269 of 1,588
Jan 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #1,270 of 1,588
Quote:
Looks like there are going to be even newer models to consider soon...

http://usa.denon.com/us/news/pages/newsdetails.aspx?newstype=news&newsid=91&year=2013

I liked this little snippet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denon

ACCLAIMED MUSIC MANIAC

Petro Shimonishi, Senior Global Product Manager for Denon Headphones noted, “Since we launched our lineup of lifestyle headphones this past year, we’ve received phenomenal feedback from both longtime Denon fans and consumers who are just now discovering the brand.

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #1,271 of 1,588
Quote:
I liked this little snippet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denon

ACCLAIMED MUSIC MANIAC

Petro Shimonishi, Senior Global Product Manager for Denon Headphones noted, “Since we launched our lineup of lifestyle headphones this past year, we’ve received phenomenal feedback from both longtime Denon fans and consumers who are just now discovering the brand.

They threw that in just for you...
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,272 of 1,588

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,273 of 1,588
No, why would I make such a poor decision on such a large purchase?

I was planning on being an owner until I heard a pair. Then I was so damn hopeful I sat down and gave serious time with a friend's pair who had recently purchased them. Luckily he had purchased them from a company with a really good return policy. 

Oh well, I enjoy mine.

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #1,274 of 1,588
Quote:

No, the Momentum completely destroys it. 

I ment for portable use and i use with sansa clip+ and find Denon more detailed and fun to listen while Momentium won'tfit all ears bexause little tight on ears and out daps it's not amazing sounding headphones.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #1,275 of 1,588
Quote:
I ment for portable use and i use with sansa clip+ and find Denon more detailed and fun to listen while Momentium won'tfit all ears bexause little tight on ears and out daps it's not amazing sounding headphones.

The Denon is a lot brighter, which may give the illusion of a more detailed sound. The only area where I feel the Denon stands a chance is in soundstage, they have a bigger, more open sound. 

Look at measurement graphs, they don't lie :wink: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back