New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Apr 21, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #241 of 344
Since I bought this dap I bought few other daps but none of them convincing enough for portable use.

Single ended S6 is far superior than onkyo dpx1

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #242 of 344
I am so impressed with this little monster..... I have never heard the SE5s sound so damn good. Hell everything I've thrown at it I've been impressed. SE5s are my favorite IEMs now. Will have to see how 1Plus2 fairs when back from repair. Triad L3 and Studio 6 via LO on mode B is phenominal.....

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #244 of 344
I am so impressed with this little monster..... I have never heard the SE5s sound so damn good. Hell everything I've thrown at it I've been impressed. SE5s are my favorite IEMs now. Will have to see how 1Plus2 fairs when back from repair. Triad L3 and Studio 6 via LO on mode B is phenominal.....

Nice to hear that :blush:

Btw is there any review yet?

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #245 of 344

I will review my unit in the next two weeks. But I have to mark it down due to promising dsd support which has taken away from the unit. 

I will keep it short and brief and to the point I am confident about the sound, the general UI/bugs are always present in device of such nature but like always those who go after devices like S6 know what they get and are willing to work there way around it. 

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #246 of 344

Sorry I also will be working on my review in the next coming weeks (hopefully in two weeks). I don't want to rush the review at all. It deserves a good review. There are also flaws which will turn others off I'm sure. Not sure if they will get DSD working properly or not. Hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot with that one. As audionewbi mentioned this sort of player is for people who care purely about sound quality, portability, great build quality, and battery life over the UI. UI is very basic as has previous hisound units. Yet it is significantly better than previously IMO.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #247 of 344
I will review my unit in the next two weeks. But I have to mark it down due to promising dsd support which has taken away from the unit. 

I will keep it short and brief and to the point I am confident about the sound, the general UI/bugs are always present in device of such nature but like always those who go after devices like S6 know what they get and are willing to work there way around it. 

Hmmm yep, DSD has been advertised as one of the main features compared to S5, so sad it isn't available in the current firmwares

May 3, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #248 of 344
Can anybody please provide the latest firmware here, the earlier link is impossible
basshead.gif

May 4, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #254 of 344
As per comments, a review can't be based on the actual firmware, that will totally ruin the S6.

Everyone is waiting for a major update to come

i wonder when will that be?
its like im liking FIIO more regards to firmware update. They announced it whenever they came up with something new.
Ibasso too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back