New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
May 20, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #272 of 344
Precisely how bad is the UI with this thing? I've sold my Mojo - too much hassle to carry around - and am looking for a simple DAP that sounds good and plays well with very sensitive multi-BA IEMs. This fits the bill but I'm not sure I want to mess around for 10 minutes to do simple tasks like find and play albums.

May 21, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #274 of 344
I have no issues with the UI, yes its silly the way its done, but it works, i can play an album or all folders or shuffle, all i need!
I am gonna try the Shozy gold too tho for a lighter pocket version

May 21, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #275 of 344
@Tony, not it's OK if you just want to play albums by folder. And it plays very well with sensitive multi BA like Zeus or 846.

Thanks Michael (or Lee?). Playing well with sensitive IEMs is the main thing for me. Seems like owning anything from the Empire Ears line up rules out quite a lot of DAPs on the grounds that they hiss too much.

I have no issues with the UI, yes its silly the way its done, but it works, i can play an album or all folders or shuffle, all i need!

Where did you get yours? I can't find any sellers in Europe and was looking to import from China.

May 21, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #277 of 344

Shozy Zero is very nice with the S6. Actually I haven't tried anything yet that hasn't sounded great on it :). Been mainly using the Shozy this past week vs my other IEMs. Very happy with it.

May 21, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #278 of 344
  I was fine with the Studio A3 FW. I play folder wav files that more often than not aren't even tagged. I should give this one a listen at some point as most of my library is above the 24/48 that the A3 could play. Still have my A3 along with some others. Hard to part with.

Wait are you using the 3rd ANV software on the Studio 6? Or do you have a Studio 3rd and are considering trying the S6?

May 21, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #279 of 344
Thanks Michael (or Lee?). Playing well with sensitive IEMs is the main thing for me. Seems like owning anything from the Empire Ears line up rules out quite a lot of DAPs on the grounds that they hiss too much.
Where did you get yours? I can't find any sellers in Europe and was looking to import from China.

The FX850s pick up hiss quite easily. No issues here on the S6 though.. Actually I continue to be amazed at how well the Studio 6 makes IEMs behave in general. Just all around great at gripping an IEMs sound and controlling it.

May 21, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #280 of 344

The FX850s pick up hiss quite easily. No issues here on the S6 though.. Actually I continue to be amazed at how well the Studio 6 makes IEMs behave in general. Just all around great at gripping an IEMs sound and controlling it.

i wont be surprised.
because my previous set up was fx700 and studio v3. and its the best set up ive had...
now i have my fx850, i paired it with the mojo, and its also a good pair. i think it would also be good to pair the fx850 with the new s6.

btw, is the s6 now available and on stock?

May 21, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #281 of 344

i wont be surprised.
because my previous set up was fx700 and studio v3. and its the best set up ive had...
now i have my fx850, i paired it with the mojo, and its also a good pair. i think it would also be good to pair the fx850 with the new s6.

btw, is the s6 now available and on stock?

I'm not sure if they are still out of stock. I'll try talk with Jack again. He hasn't gotten back to me. Might be the email got lost due to China's firewall.... Last time I was asking him for some important information to use in my review. One thing is he had mentioned an earlier firmware where they had DSD working..... I would like to test this out if its true and post my findings.

I think you will like FX850 on S6. Sounds great on both A mode HO and B mode LO. B mode LO is generally my fav with most if not all my IEMs. Flat 4 Sui takes preference on A mode HO though. To be honest the JVC/S6 pairing reminds me of Ref. 1 sound signature. Very enjoyable.

May 21, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #282 of 344

Wait are you using the 3rd ANV software on the Studio 6? Or do you have a Studio 3rd and are considering trying the S6?

I still have a 3rd and would love to hear a 6 sometime. I also have a couple AKs, Mojo and a QPR1 
smile.gif
. Had a Paw Gold and Hugo as well. Always got on great with Jack and enjoyed our convos. 

May 21, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #283 of 344
  I still have a 3rd and would love to hear a 6 sometime. I also have a couple AK and a Questyle 
smile.gif

Do yourself a favor and give it a listen. It's a superior product to the 3rd ANV IMO and the ANV was already very good on its own. I still have the AK120 S-mod. I plan on getting the Paw Gold down the road and I'm pretty much good on sources.

May 21, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #284 of 344

Got mine from Penon Audio, couldn't recommend them high enough,great service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back