New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Feb 15, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #122 of 344
  @audionewbi, do you also have the playing order issue or is there something I am doing wrong?

Big time, however when I turn off the unit and back on and go to the same album problem seem to be fixed.

Also I noticed that at louder volume using Mode A (headphone out) the treble distorts on IEM, same result is not obvious with Mode B (headphone out again). Problem is I find the bass impact of Mode A better. However when paired with HD600/ER4S this distortion is inaudible. Anything below 38 volume this issue is not audible.

It is very decent overall. I can work with it however the tagging issue is really bothersome. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #125 of 344
  Could you tell me exactly what you are doing? You go through the Music Mgt menu (browse by file) and then what?

The songs tend to for some strange reason store in a playlist that S6 makes. So what I do is turn the unit off which cleans everything.

So:
Music management--->Select folder by pressing ok--->This provides a list in list view right click and select "Start Play" . This will take you to the normal non list screen and for me the album is played in order.

Just avoid using Music Browse at all time as problem seem to generate from using that.

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #127 of 344
  The songs tend to for some strange reason store in a playlist that S6 makes. So what I do is turn the unit off which cleans everything.

So:
Music management--->Select folder by pressing ok--->This provides a list in list view right click and select "Start Play" . This will take you to the normal non list screen and for me the album is played in order.

Just avoid using Music Browse at all time as problem seem to generate from using that.

Ok, when I do play all, or enter the folder and play a given file it doesn't work. I am on a business trip so I will try again later this week.

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #128 of 344
@Mimouille have you compared this with the P1? which one do you prefer based on SQ?

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #132 of 344
Usb file transfer is really fast. I am glad about it.

I will provide my impressions about sound soon, ui would be for some other time.

Feb 16, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #134 of 344
  It has been too long to compare. From memory I would say S6 is more neutral, P1 might be more engaging and organic.

Thanks Mim. how about against the Aune M2S that you have? I was kind of curious now after reading Barra's glowing review about the M2+B1 stack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back