New DAP, budget GAP!!!
Jul 11, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #17 of 44
Not exactly the same design as the Westone/Shure type shells, which have the cable over the earlobe to take some of the strain off the ear canals gripping the bore through the eartips.

img_0404.jpg

Other semi-custom designs spread out more of the weight and friction all over the outer ear.
3441685.jpg

Not to mention you need to try other tips. I have the Aurisonics above but I use it with the Sony Hybrid - soft flange with a thick but soft core.

I have the ASG-1.3 - smaller than a headphone, fits into a water-proof case, doesn't need to be charged unlike wireless headphones, easily driven by a smartphone, etc.

You don't really have that much of a choice, the X1II is the only one at that price range (excluding the iPod Touch) that has BT for wireless headphones.

Also, as far as the wireless headphones are concerned, the DAP's other circuits will not matter at all, since it transmits digital and will be decoded by the circuit built into the headphone.

Thank you a lot!!! In effect, i've never tried that type of IEMs! Searching on Google, seems that the Aurisonics ASG 1.3 do not exist here in Italy! :D

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #18 of 44
An user from here made a comparison and wrote that A35 has slighty better sound quality and have less hiss than N3, but N3 is much more powerful; basically A35 is exclusive for IEMs or headphones with very low impedance.
And from X1 II And N3, I will go for N3.

When you say "with very low impedance", is there a reference value to look at?

For example, if I should buy Sony, what should be the value of the impediment after which I would have some problem with listening? 16-32 ohms? Or do we talk about> 100 ohms?

thank you so much!

Maybe it's clear but I'm projected a bit for Sony instead of Cayin (40-60) because of the newer, the Sony brand and its quality and garancy.
Don't know if that 40 euro of difference worths or not!

ferdi

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #19 of 44
You can have a look at the Cayin N3.

Price is great and feature wise also. Lots of YT reviews and here on the board.

It has duplex Bluetooth.

Mine is on its way.

Edit: see now that it's allready recommended.

Thank you so much for your help!
I'd prefer the Cayin on the Fiio at this point! I'm evaluating if a Sony A35 worths its 40 euro of difference (160 the Cayin vs 199 of the Sony A35)... There's an other option: the Sony A35 with its noise canceling in-ear at 270 euro.

I'm king of the doubt ahah!

Right now i even don't know if i should buy some headphone before the DAP ( for example that in prime day discount mentioned before...). In particular, the Denon seems to be very high quality at 160 euro (half of the original price).

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #20 of 44
I'd prefer the Cayin on the Fiio at this point! I'm evaluating if a Sony A35 worths its 40 euro of difference (160 the Cayin vs 199 of the Sony A35)... There's an other option: the Sony A35 with its noise canceling in-ear at 270 euro.

Right now i even don't know if i should buy some headphone before the DAP ( for example that in prime day discount mentioned before...). In particular, the Denon seems to be very high quality at 160 euro (half of the original price).

Yes decisions decisions.... I have chosen for Cayin because it's a small audiophile company. Dedicated in their products. If you see on their website... High class Amp tubes etc etc.

The Sony looks better..but it's a mass product... And from what I have read on some reviews (biased or not) it performs so so.
For me? I am not an IEM guy. Although I ordered some KZ.

But don't rely on my opinion 100% because I am also starting up. From smartphone to dedicated DAP. This is all by investigating reading reviews and watching YT.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #21 of 44
Yes decisions decisions.... I have chosen for Cayin because it's a small audiophile company. Dedicated in their products. If you see on their website... High class Amp tubes etc etc.

The Sony looks better..but it's a mass product... And from what I have read on some reviews (biased or not) it performs so so.
For me? I am not an IEM guy. Although I ordered some KZ.

But don't rely on my opinion 100% because I am also starting up. From smartphone to dedicated DAP. This is all by investigating reading reviews and watching YT.

I like a lot your modesty and humility!!! I really thank you!

Ferdi

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #23 of 44
When you say "with very low impedance", is there a reference value to look at?

For example, if I should buy Sony, what should be the value of the impediment after which I would have some problem with listening? 16-32 ohms? Or do we talk about> 100 ohms?

thank you so much!

Maybe it's clear but I'm projected a bit for Sony instead of Cayin (40-60) because of the newer, the Sony brand and its quality and garancy.
Don't know if that 40 euro of difference worths or not!

ferdi

With Sony I'm talking about between 16-50 ohm of optimal listening, for more demanding headphones you will need an amp, Cayin can drive headphones like Sennheiser HD600 (300 ohm) to a reasonable level, for example. I can't talk about the diferences of sound quality between those 2 because I don't have the A35 but I can tell you the N3 is a safe bet.

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #24 of 44
Sorry to hijack the thread but which one is better: Cayin N3 forRM680 or Shanling M2s for $750? A forummer in my country has both for sale. which of the 2 is better SQ:price? Also he has Fiio X5 3rd Gen for RM$1700 which is over my budget but if its way better than the other 2, then I can try to save more for it. RM = Malaysian Ringgit (USD1: RM4). Thanks

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #25 of 44
Sorry to hijack the thread but which one is better: Cayin N3 forRM680 or Shanling M2s for $750? A forummer in my country has both for sale. which of the 2 is better SQ:price? Also he has Fiio X5 3rd Gen for RM$1700 which is over my budget but if its way better than the other 2, then I can try to save more for it. RM = Malaysian Ringgit (USD1: RM4). Thanks

I'm new, but i think Fiio x5 III is better than Cayin N3 and Shanling M2. If you are able to save money i'd tell you to do it and to buy the Fiio!

Jul 11, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #26 of 44
Thank you a lot!!! In effect, i've never tried that type of IEMs! Searching on Google, seems that the Aurisonics ASG 1.3 do not exist here in Italy! :D

Aurisonics has been absorbed by Fender and the Bravo line is now Fender's IEM line, the ASG line was killed off.

Just note that this shell type has one disadvantage - while they're based on an average of Aurisonics' custom fit IEM customers' ears, your outer ear area might be too small to fit the shell in there, which is why the Shure/Westone type shell is the safest bet in terms of comfort/ergonomics for a wider number of people.

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #27 of 44
Aurisonics has been absorbed by Fender and the Bravo line is now Fender's IEM line, the ASG line was killed off.

Just note that this shell type has one disadvantage - while they're based on an average of Aurisonics' custom fit IEM customers' ears, your outer ear area might be too small to fit the shell in there, which is why the Shure/Westone type shell is the safest bet in terms of comfort/ergonomics for a wider number of people.

Thank you for your help! Waiting for some info about the KZ IEMs.. they seems cheep enough to buy just-for-try. You know something about that?

There's the Fiio x1 II in amazon prime day from 119 to 95 euro... I really don't know if buy this one or go for the cayin n3 or the Sony a35. Cayin and Sony seems to offer more than the Fiio!

There are some headphone too..."high level" like Sennheiser HD 598 SR from 170 to 80 euro or the Sony MDRXB620N1B From 200 to 140 euro!

There are some shure too, SE 112 waiting for the discount.

Ps
Shure SE 112 from 55 to 41 euro!

ferdi

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #29 of 44
None other than I'm thinking the same thing - I need to replace my beater IEMs.

:D

I'm ALMOST secure to want a DAP between Cayin N3, Sony A35 and Fiio x1 II, in order of actual preference. I would like to try an IEM (best under 50 eruo with nice isolation and nice sound).

Only in a few months add a wireless headphone!

i know i'm a bit petulant, it's cause of my endless doubts.

Which combo do you chose and why?

Thank you so much,
ferdi

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #30 of 44
Can you please tell me which model of KZ and some info about that? It seems to be in my Amazon at very good price!

And about non-IEMs you use? On the road too?

thanks
ferdi

I own the KZ ZS3 great quality for more crazy price. A little bit bassy.
I was curious for the ZS5 so they are on the way.
I can't hold in ears to long time....

I have the Sennheiser Momentum and ordered the Sennheiser HD650.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back