New DAP, budget GAP!!!
Jul 12, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #31 of 44
:D

I'm ALMOST secure to want a DAP between Cayin N3, Sony A35 and Fiio x1 II, in order of actual preference. I would like to try an IEM (best under 50 eruo with nice isolation and nice sound).

Only in a few months add a wireless headphone!

i know i'm a bit petulant, it's cause of my endless doubts.

Which combo do you chose and why?

If you have a Cayin dealer near you then that's an option, otherwise Fiio has more dealers and likely can deal with issues like replacing the battery a lot more easily. And then just use that with a good IEM.

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #32 of 44
If you have a Cayin dealer near you then that's an option, otherwise Fiio has more dealers and likely can deal with issues like replacing the battery a lot more easily. And then just use that with a good IEM.

Thank you, as always, for your patience! What you think about the Sony compared to the other two?

Thank you!
ferdi

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #33 of 44
Thank you, as always, for your patience! What you think about the Sony compared to the other two?

We have a lot of Sony Service Centers here but never had a really good experience. They can't order lenses from Japan for my SACD player, they didn't stock any of the rubber parts for my CD and MD transports, didn't even stock up on MIniDiscs, etc, so good luck with your DAP battery. The only support from Sony that's somewhat good is with the cameras, which is weird since these is their latest product line (unless they hired people who used to work for Nikon and Canon to make sure they don't get any angry pros ranting about not having the tools of their trade available when they need them).

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #34 of 44
I own the KZ ZS3 great quality for more crazy price. A little bit bassy.
I was curious for the ZS5 so they are on the way.
I can't hold in ears to long time....

I have the Sennheiser Momentum and ordered the Sennheiser HD650.

Thanks!!!
I want to buy one! I've read about the ZS5 that they have only 8 ohms of impedance??? Is that true or is an Technical Data error?

ferdi

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #35 of 44
I'm new, but i think Fiio x5 III is better than Cayin N3 and Shanling M2. If you are able to save money i'd tell you to do it and to buy the Fiio!

Thanks.

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #36 of 44
We have a lot of Sony Service Centers here but never had a really good experience. They can't order lenses from Japan for my SACD player, they didn't stock any of the rubber parts for my CD and MD transports, didn't even stock up on MIniDiscs, etc, so good luck with your DAP battery. The only support from Sony that's somewhat good is with the cameras, which is weird since these is their latest product line (unless they hired people who used to work for Nikon and Canon to make sure they don't get any angry pros ranting about not having the tools of their trade available when they need them).

So Fiio wins about the customer cares after market!

Instead, technically speaking...I mean, about the audio quality?
thanks,
Ferdi

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #37 of 44
So Fiio wins about the customer cares after market!

Only because you might not have a Cayin dealer nearby and Sony might but their service generally sucks.

Instead, technically speaking...I mean, about the audio quality?

I'd really worry more about the interface - UI ease of use, stability, etc - than the audio quality. They're all pretty much good enough that even if you can detect a minute difference having to deal with an unstable UI (like buying a new Fiio too early) or crap product support (if Sony in your area doesn't locally sell the DAP you want, the local service crew can't help you; ditto with not having a Cayin dealer near you) is a bigger concern.

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #38 of 44
Thanks!!!
I want to buy one! I've read about the ZS5 that they have only 8 ohms of impedance??? Is that true or is an Technical Data error?

ferdi
They are 18ohm from what I understand. I always order goods on Aliexpress. Even more cheaper.
They also have a Bluetooth option. Just plug the wires in the earbuds and go.

Delivery time is longer but if you are on a budget?

Official KZ store I guess it's the manufacturer themselves.

https://m.aliexpress.com/store/1358152?trace=store2mobilestoreNew#/

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #39 of 44
I'd really worry more about the interface - UI ease of use, stability, etc - than the audio quality. They're all pretty much good enough that even if you can detect a minute difference having to deal with an unstable UI (like buying a new Fiio too early) or crap product support (if Sony in your area doesn't locally sell the DAP you want, the local service crew can't help you; ditto with not having a Cayin dealer near you) is a bigger concern.

Have you seen the latest beta update from Cayin in combination with HiBy?

You can navigate on your phone through music and control the N3 by your smartphone (Android) this is really awesome.

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #40 of 44
Thank you Dudes!!!

They are 18ohm from what I understand. I always order goods on Aliexpress. Even more cheaper.
They also have a Bluetooth option. Just plug the wires in the earbuds and go.

Delivery time is longer but if you are on a budget?

Official KZ store I guess it's the manufacturer themselves.

I've just bought both the ZS3 and ZS5 on Gearbest! I would have preferred the ZS3 without Mic (on Aliexpress there was, but the shipment..... like 2 months)...
I've bought the upgrade cable too! As soon as they arrive, i'll let you know how i think about that through my 4th gen ipod and mp3 320 kbs files!

I can change and remove the mic on th ZS3 with the new cable, is it correct?

I could buy the Sony one in some physical stores near my place, so i'd have 2 years of warranty and it's easily found on Amazon too.

For the Fiio and the Cayin, i can find them only on the web! There is no physical customer care center nearby.

You can navigate on your phone through music and control the N3 by your smartphone (Android) this is really awesome.

I don't know a thing about this! But i have an iphone, so maybe it's not important to me if there is not this app for IOS!

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #41 of 44

Well there's one good reason to get the Cayin.

I can change and remove the mic on th ZS3 with the new cable, is it correct?

Yes, just make sure you get the cable with the correct plugs on the earbud end.

I could buy the Sony one in some physical stores near my place, so i'd have 2 years of warranty and it's easily found on Amazon too.

If that's the case then product support from Sony would be easier during the warranty period, it's after the warranty (and if Sony does not sell it locally) that you'd have a problem. I'd say go with the Sony since service will likely be good enough within the warranty period, but do not buy it from Amazon or anywhere else other than the physical stores otherwise local Sony service won't deal with the unit.

After the warranty period, well, that's where it gets sketchy with Sony. But since you don't have any Fiio dealers where you can at least arrange for them to ship a DAP to and from Fiio (if not actually stocking the batteries locally or give you a new unit outright if within the warranty period) then might as well just stick it out with Sony.

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #42 of 44
If you want a high-quality player for few dollars, can I recommend the AGPTek M20/Benjie S5? The latest S5 also has Bluetooth, and may be a good option if you need it. Prices are c$35US.

I'd also recommend the KZ ZS5's. genuinely jaw dropping, and if you are used to earbuds, you'll be astonished. The bill for for the DAP and the IEMs will be a shade over $50

Having said that, my AGPTek M20 came with some very nice earbuds- so you'll have plenty of cash left over for a high capacity micro SD card.

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #43 of 44
can I recommend the AGPTek M20/Benjie S5? The latest S5 also has Bluetooth, and may be a good option if you need it. Prices are c$35US.

Thank you!!! Is it comparable to the other in list, even with a very lower price? Cause I've an ipod, 4th gen one. I wouldn't like to buy an other player with the same quality or only just a little bit higher!

I'd also recommend the KZ ZS5's
They should arrived at home the nest week together with the KS3! I'll let you know :)

Thank you so much ProtegeManiac!!!

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #44 of 44
Thank you!!! Is it comparable to the other in list, even with a very lower price? Cause I've an ipod, 4th gen one. I wouldn't like to buy an other player with the same quality or only just a little bit higher!

The Benjie sounds far better than my iPod mini, using the same files and phones. Ymmv, but I think it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back