New Cypher labs product!
Nov 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #271 of 352
I just wish they sent out the new units without asking us to send the faulty ones back first. I just don't like the idea of not having it around until the fixed ones ship out. That's what a lot of companies who make their customers super happy do :) 

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #272 of 352
mine finally arrived from ALO.  yes it was recall CLAS but it works great.
It's different from the original solo, I feel this dB has more body to the music and it creats more
stage.  this is first impression i got from dB but I need to spend more time.  Also, this dB give EVen
more definitions to individual instrument and crisp feeling?  Right now, I'm listening with Amperior and Momentum for now.
However, I'm going to have time with HD800/balance cable. 
Right now i'm using MK3-B and single ended cable, NOT balance cable.  If someone wants to loan me cable...
beerchug.gif

Later, i'll try with my intrude as well.

2cents for today.

A little confused...you now have the fixed CLAS -dB & you have the Rx Mk3 but you never had a balanced IC?! Why did you go for the -dB instead of the -R? I kinda assume everyone buying the -dB would automatically buy the balanced IC.

Anyhow the CLAS-dB/Rx Mk3 fully balanced sounds very nice. Has somewhat of a 3D holographic big hall presentation. I do like that kind of setup quite a bit.

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #273 of 352
Quote:
A little confused...you now have the fixed CLAS -dB & you have the Rx Mk3 but you never had a balanced IC?! Why did you go for the -dB instead of the -R? I kinda assume everyone buying the -dB would automatically buy the balanced IC.
Anyhow the CLAS-dB/Rx Mk3 fully balanced sounds very nice. Has somewhat of a 3D holographic big hall presentation. I do like that kind of setup quite a bit.

LOL...yes, sorry to confuse you..  because I'll get the balance near future.  you're right abot 3D holographic big hall presentation...i still like this single ended IC, but I need to get balance cable.  my wallet has hole!  LOL
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #274 of 352
Quote:

ps.

When I got dB in ALO, they didn't have the balance IC out yet. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #275 of 352
ps.

When I got dB in ALO, they didn't have the balance IC out yet.  :beerchug:

I see. Now I understand. Guess I was lucky to get the balanced cable earlier. All I can say is that you probably can't wait till you get your balanced cable. To me it's a difference between just listening to music vs being immersed in it (& that's just with the 1.2V version of the CLAS -dB).

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #276 of 352
Quote:
I see. Now I understand. Guess I was lucky to get the balanced cable earlier. All I can say is that you probably can't wait till you get your balanced cable. To me it's a difference between just listening to music vs being immersed in it (& that's just with the 1.2V version of the CLAS -dB).

WOW, I need to sell my liver!! 
wink_face.gif
I can't wait til get my balance IC.

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #278 of 352
Quote:
I just wish they sent out the new units without asking us to send the faulty ones back first. I just don't like the idea of not having it around until the fixed ones ship out. That's what a lot of companies who make their customers super happy do :) 

I agree. Also wondering whether we are getting a new unit or they are just refurbing the ones we send back as ALO have made it clear that our units are being returned to CL before new ones are sent to ALO. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #279 of 352
Quote:
I agree. Also wondering whether we are getting a new unit or they are just refurbing the ones we send back as ALO have made it clear that our units are being returned to CL before new ones are sent to ALO. 

I think they made it clear that they are sending out new units in their first email but they hadn't asked for the packaging and other materials, just the CLAS. But now they are asking for the entire package. 

I once bought a sleeve for my Macbook Air and it ended up not being perfect. I contacted the company and within an hour, they shipped me another one and hour later they sent me the UPS Return Shipping Label to ship it back at my own leisure. So I was never without a sleeve for my computer. I absolutely loved that experience. I think that's what top notch customer service is. I can't help but wishing that Cypher Labs did the same. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #280 of 352
Quote:
I think they made it clear that they are sending out new units in their first email but they hadn't asked for the packaging and other materials, just the CLAS. But now they are asking for the entire package. 

I once bought a sleeve for my Macbook Air and it ended up not being perfect. I contacted the company and within an hour, they shipped me another one and hour later they sent me the UPS Return Shipping Label to ship it back at my own leisure. So I was never without a sleeve for my computer. I absolutely loved that experience. I think that's what top notch customer service is. I can't help but wishing that Cypher Labs did the same. 

Amazon does the same in most cases. They did with the Fostex HP-P1 when they replaced the original one I bought.

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #281 of 352
Quote:

I got the new units...fresh box with unopen plastic beg..new serial number..i had 1? SN now 3?x SN...

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #282 of 352
Quote:

I just send the unit by itself through alo's fedex account...and they send me blend new unit.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #283 of 352
mine finally arrived from ALO.  yes it was recall CLAS but it works great.
It's different from the original solo, I feel this dB has more body to the music and it creats more
stage.  this is first impression i got from dB but I need to spend more time.  Also, this dB give EVen
more definitions to individual instrument and crisp feeling?  Right now, I'm listening with Amperior and Momentum for now.
However, I'm going to have time with HD800/balance cable. 
Right now i'm using MK3-B and single ended cable, NOT balance cable.  If someone wants to loan me cable...:beerchug:
Later, i'll try with my intrude as well.

2cents for today.

Have any impressions on the rxmk3 vs intruder?

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #285 of 352
Quote:
I just send the unit by itself through alo's fedex account...and they send me blend new unit.

I sent mine yesterday back to ALO, I was asked to send it with all accessories (even though their first recall email said that was not necessary), I was not planning to keep them in any case.

I had a very good service from ALO once I called them past Monday 11/26, I was waiting with all possible patience (the 2-3 weeks period they mentioned) to get any communication from them after their first recall e-mail. There seems to be a disconnect going on between ALO and CL, I don´t want to comment more about it, I don´t think it´s appropriate so I leave any comment on this to ALO or CL.

I was very close to get a new -DB unit from TTVJ meanwhile I process my refund with ALO (but I finally got the usual good service from ALO). Todd was really helpful and confirmed to me that he had brand new units with the problem fixed ready to be shipped.

I was having e-mail contact with David M. (CL) since the recall and he has been very supporting, however he directed me to follow the recall process thru ALO. I have to travel coming Friday, so at the end of the day, both ALO and CL worked together to send me the other unit by tomorrow ! Thank you guys !

I am also fan of brand new products, because that is what I paid for regardless any recall, specially few days after I bought it; from my communication with David M. (CL), I am confident that he will honor this basic client principle, and I should get a brand new unit.

I posted before my experience with the MK3-b and -DB (it has been simply awesome !!!), I kept using the -DB on SE , David M. told me that having the balanced output fixed will give me a much better sound, so I am looking forward to it.

Best Regards !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back