New Cypher labs product!
Nov 16, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #226 of 352
Quote:
cypher labs algorhythm solo -R when?!?!

Hopefully not before they fix/replace the -dB 

Im listening to my Mac Book Air > CLAS -dB > RXM3 > and am enjoying it but really bought this thing for the balanced output

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #230 of 352
Quote:
sorry to hear gmahler2u, i was holding on getting -dB to hear from people about the sound. i guess i have to patiently wait for the revision come out... hope before xmas!

yes...unfortunately...BUT the sound was spectacular with my mk3-B and ipod was charging by itself with the solo dB.

deadhorse.gif

Nov 18, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #231 of 352
Have been listening a fair bit (2-3 weeks?) with my RX3B and CLAS -dB out of my MBA playing hi res FLACs and AB'ing between my DX100 and am really enjoying the CLAS/RX3B 

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #232 of 352
Quote:
Have been listening a fair bit (2-3 weeks?) with my RX3B and CLAS -dB out of my MBA playing hi res FLACs and AB'ing between my DX100 and am really enjoying the CLAS/RX3B 

1) aren't you sending your -dB back for RMA?
2) what are your thoughts about the old CLAS vs the new CLAS in SE?

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #233 of 352
Quote:

1) aren't you sending your -dB back for RMA?
2) what are your thoughts about the old CLAS vs the new CLAS in SE?

1) Sending it back when the revised one is ready to be sent to me. So have been listening to this one SE
2) Cant really comment Im afraid on the original CLAS as I sold mine prior to getting the DX and it just wouldn't be fair to compare unless side by side however this one playing the same Hi-Res FLACS from Fidelia>MBA>CLAS -dB>RX3B is better (to my ears) than my DX100 and DX100>RX3B playing the same FLACS at the same bit rate.

Dont know exactly what it is but the -dB>RX3B is just my "go to rig" atm which is hard to actually say as I love my DX100 like a child

Edit: elaborated some more on comparison

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #234 of 352
1) Sending it back when the revised one is ready to be sent to me. So have been listening to this one SE
2) Cant really comment Im afraid on the original CLAS as I sold mine prior to getting the DX and it just wouldn't be fair to compare unless side by side however this one playing the same Hi-Res FLACS from Fidelia>MBA>CLAS -dB>RX3B is better (to my ears) than my DX100 and DX100>RX3B

Dont know exactly what it is but the -dB>RX3B is just my "go to rig" atm which is hard to actually say as I love my DX100 like a child

Can you do a comparison between ipod to -db to rx3b vs dx100 to rx3b?

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #236 of 352
Quote:
Can you do a comparison between ipod to -db to rx3b vs dx100 to rx3b?

Hi I havent as yet and Im not so sure I will do any sort of review like that either. Im not the best person for detailed reviews.. my only review specifications I use are my ears and what brings a bigger smile to my face while listening to the music i love.

The other reason is I have to go rip flacs back to MP3s and use iTunes (which I loath) which is inevitable but I just dont have the time right now to do any detailed comparison and my MBA is full so it means freeing up space to sync iPods.. blah blah blah..

There will be others more informed who will be able to do detailed comparisons between the two combos you described in a much better way than I could. 

Cheers

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #237 of 352
Quote:
Just purchased a -dB unit from TTVJ. Hope it comes soon!

Best check its the revised one and not the original stock with the issue on the Balanced Out

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #238 of 352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back