New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Oct 23, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #1,021 of 1,401
There were some small impressions on the inear face book page iirc correctly.  I assume that it'll be akin to the westone w3/4 tuning, ie not as much bass as people might expect.

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #1,023 of 1,401
W3/4? Bloody well hope not! The SD-2's are the reason i sold my W4R's in the first place. There are some impressions in this thread if you can be arsed to look for them.

I didn't mean that they would be tuned like the 3-4 just that type of difference.  Ie if people were expecting a bass monster from inear they might be dissapointed.

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #1,024 of 1,401
  So apparently the SD-4 are coming in November...wonder what they are tuned like.

http://www.thomann.de/fr/inear_stagediver_sd_4.htm 

Quote:
  Heard the SD4 yesterday along side SD2. Firstly I was impressed with how good they have developed this universal iem it fits like a custom. Perfect fit.
They told be SD2 was linear. SD3 more for stage and SD4 in between with slight U shape.
SD2 and SD4 both have warm tuning. SD-2 has bigger soundstage and big bass, mids are bit laid back, highs have all the details but I thought they were bit rolled.
SD4 had faster bass, highs had more sparkle than SD2 and more micro details.soundstage is bit smaller than SD2.

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #1,029 of 1,401
I have owned all 3 and clearly the circumaural Kxx series portrays a more expansive soundstage given properly mastered recordings. I felt that the SD3 and SD2 were quite similar, both having soundstages that are remarkable wide compared to other most other IEM's. Tonally, I prefer the SD2 to either the AKG or SD2.

Of course those are my impressions only and YMMV!

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #1,030 of 1,401
SD2 maybe has a tiny bit wider stage than 3. Three is bass heavy and can feel a bit more claustrophobic at times but I think it is the illusion from the extra bass that gives that impression. Totally I also prefer the SD2 especially in its re-shelled form!

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #1,032 of 1,401
So, do I understand it right? SD2/SD3 cannot surpass full size cans like AKG K7@#  in details & width of sound stage. However, in IEMs class StageDivers are above average. 
So you must be a scientist right? To extrapolate the truth from 1 data point observed through someone you do not even know.

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #1,033 of 1,401
Please, lets refrain from humiliation. I'm trying to find out by any way about StageDivers, because I need to decide to stay with my AKGs or switch to these IEMs. If U are a rich golden boy who can buy & try everything then give your opinion about a particular product or keep your thoughts with your self. 

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #1,034 of 1,401
Please, lets refrain from humiliation. I'm trying to find out by any way about StageDivers, because I need to decide to stay with my AKGs or switch to these IEMs. If U are a rich golden boy who can buy & try everything then give your opinion about a particular product or keep your thoughts with your self. 
You are being insulting, I was mererly pointing to the fact that you are going too fast in your reasoning...in your best interest. But agressiveness is not something I appreciate so I will leave you to it.

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #1,035 of 1,401
  So, do I understand it right? SD2/SD3 cannot surpass full size cans like AKG K7@#  in details & width of sound stage. However, in IEMs class StageDivers are above average. 

I  cannot compare to the AKG K7xx as I have never heard them. My L2 has a wider soundstage than either the SD 2 or the SD3. However when it comes to detail the SD2 is on a class of its own in my very humble opinion especially after I reshelled it, there is clicks, and hums and tiny instrument reverberations in music that I have never heard before in music. I absolutely love that about the SD2. The SD3 although similar in soundstage seems to drown details due to the amounts of bass. I wouldn't put the SD2 and SD3 together as they sound quite different and suit very different kinds of music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back