New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
May 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #901 of 1,401
  Hi everyone - would somebody be able to confirm that my new cable has been inserted the correct way?  Thanks,  Sean

white dot/white dot

black dot / red dot

Sorry bud,can i just what kind of cable is this? looks good

May 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #902 of 1,401
Sadly I must report that I've decided to sell the SD-3 and eventually move into custom territory.  The StageDiver line in terms of build alone really stand apart from all other universals I've tried to date.  The ultimate determining factor was the SD-3's signature.  I find while I like a more lush presentation with thick, rich notes which I can say the SD-3 has, I tend to prefer more intimacy with more forward mids and a bit less bass presence on top, akin to the BA200's presentation.  On technical merit alone, the SD-3 is ahead in most aspects, but I find myself enjoying the presentation and tonality of the BA200 more often than not.  I feel the SD-2 is just going to be more of an enhanced RE-400 type presentation, so that is out of the race too.  Hey, can't fight my personal preferences right? 
tongue.gif
 So, I've begun to research customs with similar presentations to the BA200...but the StageDivers are definitely among a special class of universal IEM and truly deserve all the praise they get.
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Sorry bud,can i just what kind of cable is this? looks good

Looks like an Effect Audio cable to me: http://effectaudio.com/

May 7, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #903 of 1,401

Thanks modulor for the link!! also sorry to hear of the sd3,while I have the sd2s I can relate to your decision as I also wish the mids were a bit more forward and a bit better extension.Playing around with EQ i seem to have tamed the bass of my sd2 a bit but I try to avoid the EQing if i can. While Im no basshead the sd2 has plenty for my liking so I can only imagine how the bass of the sd3 sounds
biggrin.gif

Either way good luck with the search for your custom iem
smile.gif

May 8, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #905 of 1,401
Originally Posted by modulor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sadly I must report that I've decided to sell the SD-3 and eventually move into custom territory.  The StageDiver line in terms of build alone really stand apart from all other universals I've tried to date.  The ultimate determining factor was the SD-3's signature.  I find while I like a more lush presentation with thick, rich notes which I can say the SD-3 has, I tend to prefer more intimacy with more forward mids and a bit less bass presence on top, akin to the BA200's presentation.  On technical merit alone, the SD-3 is ahead in most aspects, but I find myself enjoying the presentation and tonality of the BA200 more often than not.  I feel the SD-2 is just going to be more of an enhanced RE-400 type presentation, so that is out of the race too.  Hey, can't fight my personal preferences right? 
tongue.gif
 So, I've begun to research customs with similar presentations to the BA200...but the StageDivers are definitely among a special class of universal IEM and truly deserve all the praise they get.
beerchug.gif

May I ask why you don't try upgrading IEM cable ? I think if you already like the SD3 but just want to tweak the sound here and there , the option of many types of cable , on effectaudio for example , will do that job .

May 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #906 of 1,401
For everyone's info, it saddens me to tell you all that I will be selling my SD-3.

Reason for this is I have to downsize my gear to help fund for an AK240. And of all my top tier IEM, the SD-3 gets the least ear time. This saddens me alot thou. I hope it finds a happy home and someone who will appreciate it more. 

Best iem for lovers of EDM bar none. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/718577/inear-stagediver-sd-3-option-with-hpl-pure-silver-occ-custom-cable

May 15, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #907 of 1,401
Folks,
Did anyone try SpinFit earbuds on our favourite stagedivers? i saw very good words on them in ohm-image SD3 review. But they aren't sold worldwide, you can buy them only in Japan in Ocharaku store! Pfff...

May 15, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #909 of 1,401
Folks,
Did anyone try SpinFit earbuds on our favourite stagedivers? i saw very good words on them in ohm-image SD3 review. But they aren't sold worldwide, you can buy them only in Japan in Ocharaku store! Pfff...

The only thing that put me of the SpinFit tips is that they look quite long, i have my ortofon tips all the way in and they are just the right size. If you can accommodate the extra length (or you could just cut the stem down a bit) then they would probably go fine with the SD's. 

Found a supplier on alibaba.com, though the minimum order quantity is 3000 sets! 
blink.gif

May 15, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #910 of 1,401
The only thing that put me of the SpinFit tips is that they look quite long, i have my ortofon tips all the way in and they are just the right size. If you can accommodate the extra length (or you could just cut the stem down a bit) then they would probably go fine with the SD's. 

Found a supplier on alibaba.com, though the minimum order quantity is 3000 sets! :blink:  

Oh if they're longer then it's not a choice for me because of early ear canal turn. I need as short tips as possible. Will be looking for ortofon tips, thank you. But they're not so cheap - I asked tips4tips seller on eBay and he confirmed that the tips he sells aren't original ortofon but some aftermarket.

May 15, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #911 of 1,401
Oh if they're longer then it's not a choice for me because of early ear canal turn. I need as short tips as possible. Will be looking for ortofon tips, thank you. But they're not so cheap - I asked tips4tips seller on eBay and he confirmed that the tips he sells aren't original ortofon but some aftermarket.

I bought the tips4tips ones and they work really well with my SD-2's. The "genuine" tips are £1 more directly from Ortofon, and since Ortofon is based out of Denmark I could probably get them pretty fast as well.

I will buy a set directly from Ortofon when i get home, and see if there is any difference.

May 15, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #912 of 1,401
I bought the tips4tips ones and they work really well with my SD-2's. The "genuine" tips are £1 more directly from Ortofon, and since Ortofon is based out of Denmark I could probably get them pretty fast as well.

I will buy a set directly from Ortofon when i get home, and see if there is any difference.

Well, I've checked ortofon site - and shipping to Russia is twice the price of eartips themselves! Thats a real pity.
If you don't like the originals when receive them - sell them to me! :)

May 15, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #913 of 1,401

Which is the benefit of these Ortofons tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back