New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Jun 28, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #3,931 of 4,065
Well in my defense... but I'll fix it anyway
But would you say "but will fix it anyway" is my approach to dealing with customers? I just said in my first post that the plate could have been better, acknowledged the problem and offered a fix. The line from the print will be there because of the technology&technique used. I agreed that it should be smoother/less visible as you can see on the other IEM (first picture in the background) and I'm happy to rework that, if @TAsme decided to have it fixed.

But to be fair let's not forget we are talking about full on hand made products, mistakes are bound to happen and if you ever dealt with us you know we take every issue seriously and trace the source of the problem and strive to find a solution. We are constantly improving from day one - hell - we've recently received a 2year old acrylic IEM for servicing and we had a laugh in the lab how it was possible that the IEM passed QC, cause the shells we make now are miles ahead in terms of quality and finish. We learn, we upgrade.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #3,932 of 4,065
I'm a three-time CustomArt customer. The team has built me a silicon H8Pro, acrylic H8Pro and finally an upgrade to 8.2 in acrylic. The fit and build quality are near-perfect in all three, and the correspondence I had with Piotr and Kamil show they really care for their customers. That's why I keep coming back.

In this case Piotr has shown he is keen to make amends, so I'd consider this case closed, with good customer service yet again.

Never stop improving Piotr, you're one of my favourite CIEM makers who manage to get the fit 100% right every time. I'll be waiting for the new flagship with FIBAE tech. :wink:

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #3,933 of 4,065
I just got the news that my ear impressions arrived. Despite my very narrow ear canal they will try to make me an acrylic FIBAE2 ... now I just need to finalize the design and actually place the order

Soon I will (hopefully) have the first IEMs that actually fit me

===========

EDIT: Just placed the official order ...
black transparent with canals in blue and red, faceplates in black icewood with silver inverted logo, recessed 2-pin sockets, black cable

9934068_l.png

(simulated image from the CustomArt configuration tool)
That's exactly the combination I went for minus the logos. Then I didn't place the order. I'm going in with the same for my harmony 8.2

Jun 28, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #3,934 of 4,065
I also had but a nothing but great customers service experiences with Piotr and his team. Quality of the products I have received was always top notch and I had 3 different service ordered: H8.2, reshelling of my Hidition NT6 and fixing my old Shure e500. With my 8.2 had a little fit problem but it was corrected by Piotr by himself on saturday evening and now it's perfect so I'm sure CA is taking best care of all of their customers. Additionally I wanted a custom design of my reshelled NT6 ("gold" flakes" ) which wasn't that easy to achieve but challenge was accepted and successfully implemented:] Thanks @piotrus-g for everything (for now:wink:

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #3,936 of 4,065
Very nice pics here, wow.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3,937 of 4,065
Going with UE 18+ Pro's they are being made now. See my avatar pic. Went with simple blue and clear. I had UE 10 Pros for over 11 years. Time for the second set of new CIEMs. Lots of great info here on the forums. Can't wait they ship 6/29 :L3000:

Will run them on my new Astell & Kern SP1000

Can I just ask how this is relevant to the Custom Art thread?...

On another note, I'll be getting some FIBAE1, once my ears have been cleaned and impressions taken.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #3,938 of 4,065
Can I just ask how this is relevant to the Custom Art thread?...

On another note, I'll be getting some FIBAE1, once my ears have been cleaned and impressions taken.

Sorry, my bad. Misunderstood and edited my response above. Your right, it had nothing to do with the Custom Art thread.

Jul 4, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #3,942 of 4,065
Has anybody paired fibae with chord MOJO?
I haven't tried it myself but there should be really no cons for that. FIBAE no longer requires "pairing" with sound source in traditional sense like typical BA-earphones. The only difference you'll hear is in sound quality of the players/DACs but there will be little to no differences in sound signature of the IEMs. Since Mojo is one best portable DACs out there I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #3,944 of 4,065
OK guys I guess it's no longer a secret - Custom Art has just became official head-fi sponsor!
After 8 years (!) of being active head-fi member it's time to give something back :)
Congrats Piotr and team!!!
Now can we (all of your current and potential future customers) get a piece of that celebration cake please? :wink:
cake.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back