New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Oct 20, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #3,406 of 4,065

oh these were for the Harmony series fans :p

oh good thing you heard Focal Utopia, did it give you an idea or two? 
evil_smiley.gif

gs1000.gif

wink_face.gif

I don't know honestly... They sound good for sure and they have some cool qualities (soundstage!) but things like iSine10 were more inspiring for me TBH.

Oct 20, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #3,407 of 4,065
The 8.2 is great. I'm not sure they need another flagship now.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #3,408 of 4,065
am i the only one who want to see new flagship from Peter? :D  or a new CIEM series. or new flagship series with different tuning <3

maybe Peter need to listen to Focal Utopia and get inspired by it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:   

@piotrus-g
  :beerchug:  

No Shin, your are not only, I want to see (listen) new flagship from Peter, too. Not only flagship, others model too. I miss old signature CA like Pro330, Pro210, all new models have to much bass to me. I really want see and listen CA CIEM like combination Etymotic ER-4S with ER-4SR (detailed, fast, textured, kick, punch, flat signature) or Pro330v3 (more detailed, resolution, textured and a bit faster). This is my dream/hope.

As much as I'd like every CIEM company in the world to pump out new flagships every other Sunday, I think we should take the time to appreciate the sheer marvel of engineering the manufacturer, in this case Piotr and CA, has achieved in order to present us products of such a pedigree, and realize that marvels are fundamentally incredibly difficult to accomplish.

As a sidenote, let's not forget that CA has their upcoming FIBAE line-up, which has piqued the interest of many among us, I'm sure.

Oct 20, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #3,410 of 4,065
am i the only one who want to see new flagship from Peter? :D  or a new CIEM series. or new flagship series with different tuning <3

maybe Peter need to listen to Focal Utopia and get inspired by it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:   

@piotrus-g
  :beerchug:  

The H8.2 is a true flagship with a totl sound performance. Its easy to see and hear how much effort and meticulousness has gone behind its design. Really, its not just a minor update or rehash of the previous flagship.

Ofcourse I want more from custom art in future but the h8.2 is here to stay for a while. When a new flagship comes, I just hope there's an upgrade path for existing Harmony owners!

Oct 20, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #3,411 of 4,065
As a sidenote, let's not forget that CA has their upcoming FIBAE line-up, which has piqued the interest of many among us, I'm sure.

R&D takes much time and cost, driver selection, tuning & process. I think for product like Harmony it should atleast have a life span of 1-2 years to get the returns.
FIBAE especially single driver is marvel. One driver and so spacious sound & natural. er4p users keep an eye on it.

Thanks!
And since we speak of FIBAE the very first batch of customized drivers for FIBAE has been ordered
beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #3,412 of 4,065

Thanks!
And since we speak of FIBAE the very first batch of customized drivers for FIBAE has been ordered
beerchug.gif

Nice! Means it might be available right on schedule at the end of this year?

The single driver FIBAE was nice, nicer than Music One. It's literally the Music One but less bright with more bodied sound.
Might be an option for backup IEM if I ever need one :D

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #3,413 of 4,065
The 8.2 is great. I'm not sure they need another flagship now.

Super excited for FFAB 2 man!

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Hello @piotrus-g . I understand this technology makes the iem less prone to getting affected by the output impedance of the source. Is there a sonic advantage with low output impedance sources as well?

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #3,414 of 4,065
  Nice! Means it might be available right on schedule at the end of this year?

The single driver FIBAE was nice, nicer than Music One. It's literally the Music One but less bright with more bodied sound.
Might be an option for backup IEM if I ever need one :D

I'd say so, although the proper launch will most probably take place in January. December is always crazy time for us due to Christmas
  Super excited for FFAB 2 man!

Hello @piotrus-g . I understand this technology makes the iem less prone to getting affected by the output impedance of the source. Is there a sonic advantage with low output impedance sources as well?

Yes, that's correct, the IEM is no longer dependant on the output impedance - you always get the same sound signature - no more bass roll-offs (!)
I think there's no right or wrong with output impedance. Low output impedance will be more "pure" design because that means no caps at the output, however I find high output impedance sources (such as studio quality sound cards) to be a bit more neutral sounding which can be a good thing if you are after more reference sound quality

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3,415 of 4,065
For people resided in Europe you now have the chance to try out Piotr's latest creation the harmony 8.2 just sign up here and await a PM

http://www.head-fi.org/t/823648/the-custom-art-harmony-8-2-european-demo-tour#post_12955405

Oct 29, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #3,419 of 4,065
What we've all been waiting for: THE NEW CUSTOM ART WEBSITE IS UP.

www.thecustomart.com

And DO check http://thecustomart.com/shop/ you're in for a treat in terms of IEM personalization preview!

Congrats to Piotr and his team!!!

Oct 29, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #3,420 of 4,065
Beautiful-looking website guys! I love how you kept to the aesthetic theme of the old one but equipped it with a great interface and one of the most gorgeous IEM designer's I have ever seen, with correctly oriented left-right IEM's and all (I'm looking at you, Empire 
wink.gif
). Congrats @piotrus-g!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back