New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Oct 29, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #3,421 of 4,065
  Beautiful-looking website guys! I love how you kept to the aesthetic theme of the old one but equipped it with a great interface and one of the most gorgeous IEM designer's I have ever seen, with correctly oriented left-right IEM's and all (I'm looking at you, Empire 
wink.gif
). Congrats @piotrus-g!

Thank you! A loooot of work went into that, I think I have driven my colleagues crazy with constant nagging about details. And I still cannot believe how well the silicone mock up turned out, my friend did incredible work on that.

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #3,422 of 4,065
@piotrus-g, I really like the new website! The CIEM designer and the FAQ page are pretty cool.

I noticed that Music One, Music Two, and Pro330v2 are now available in acrylic. Has that been going on for a while?

Nov 1, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #3,423 of 4,065
  @piotrus-g, I really like the new website! The CIEM designer and the FAQ page are pretty cool.

I noticed that Music One, Music Two, and Pro330v2 are now available in acrylic. Has that been going on for a while?

Thanks! Yeah I think we had this option for a few months now it wasn't official though.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #3,424 of 4,065
I'll quote myself 

The new website looks great, a job well done. Now it's just a question of keeping it updated and bug free :)
I'm way overdue with the Harmony 8.2, but I published the 8.2 review earlier today on HFN, you can find it by clicking here.

And now I'm going to use the designer tool again, because it's fun :)

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #3,425 of 4,065
I tried to use desinger tool on my android..but somehow i cant choose anything..are you going to make a mobile version/ app also? That would be cool!

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #3,427 of 4,065
I tried to use desinger tool on my android..but somehow i cant choose anything..are you going to make a mobile version/ app also? That would be cool!

Hey! Recognize you from the Toxic thread.
From one ''Dutchie'' to another: H8.2 + SW = sonical bliss
wink.gif

May I ask if we have a concept of our own or our desired designs/choices is not available within the designer tool, will it be possible to discuss with @piotrus-g and let him come up with something similar to what we have in our mind?

Well, Piotr helped me out (twice) with a design which I saw on another site. It might cost a bit extra, but he will probably be able to meet your expectations, just shoot him a pm.

@piotrus-g: your new website (incl the new designer) kicks some serious ass imo => great job!!!

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #3,428 of 4,065

Hi, we checked on two android phones just now and it works - depending on resolution of your devide you may need to click on the layer button and once the pop-up window opens you have to select the shell and then close the window to see the effect. Try fliping your screen to horizontal position for better configurator view.
May I ask if we have a concept of our own or our desired designs/choices is not available within the designer tool, will it be possible to discuss with @piotrus-g and let him come up with something similar to what we have in our mind?

Of course you can! Just select what ever in the shop and leave comments at the check out. Otherwise you can always send me an email and we will discuss thigns :)

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #3,429 of 4,065
Great service from CA ! Thumbs up ! Will monitor the situation next week and let you know ! 

Btw, PM-ed @piotrus-g
 regarding the question posed in email :) 

need to commend Piotr on the good service rendered :)

upon notification of the issue he immediately shipped over a new left side of my iem for replacement - this is a company who stands behind their product ! thumbs up !

hope that you find a production method to eradicate this issye once and for all !

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #3,430 of 4,065
need to commend Piotr on the good service rendered
smily_headphones1.gif

upon notification of the issue he immediately shipped over a new left side of my iem for replacement - this is a company who stands behind their product ! thumbs up !

hope that you find a production method to eradicate this issye once and for all !

Not every issue is sorted the same way. I send mine over because of sound distortion in my right piece. You might be familiar with the kind of vibration that is irritating when trying to listen at high volumes through a cheap loudspeaker, when the distortion is like wet chalk on a blackboard. It persisted with various cables and various soundtracks varying fro  DSDs to MP3s.

Yet, Piotr could not find it or reproduce it when I send it back to him and there was no other way forward he could suggest. So, I ended up selling my 8.2 at a loss... which is a shame cos the left side was a nice IEM. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #3,431 of 4,065

Not every issue is sorted the same way. I send mine over because of sound distortion in my right piece. You might be familiar with the kind of vibration that is irritating when trying to listen at high volumes through a cheap loudspeaker, when the distortion is like wet chalk on a blackboard. It persisted with various cables and various soundtracks varying fro  DSDs to MP3s.

Yet, Piotr could not find it or reproduce it when I send it back to him and there was no other way forward he could suggest. So, I ended up selling my 8.2 at a loss... which is a shame cos the left side was a nice IEM. 

I have a very similar issue, it is always on the right earpiece and i thought it was my iem. It turns out it is the source, it is some kind of interference or whatever, but i have had it happen on every source i ever tried at some point in time. Sony ZX2, Onkyo DP X1, Samsung Note 4, LG V20, you name it.. Rebooting temporarily solves the issue, but it happens even with airplane mode and all that. I figure it must have to do with where i live.

You may or may not have the same issue, but have you tried changing to another source? Or Swapping the left and right cable into the opposite earpiece will tell you if its iem or source.

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #3,432 of 4,065

I have a very similar issue, it is always on the right earpiece and i thought it was my iem. It turns out it is the source, it is some kind of interference or whatever, but i have had it happen on every source i ever tried at some point in time. Sony ZX2, Onkyo DP X1, Samsung Note 4, LG V20, you name it.. Rebooting temporarily solves the issue, but it happens even with airplane mode and all that. I figure it must have to do with where i live.

You may or may not have the same issue, but have you tried changing to another source? Or Swapping the left and right cable into the opposite earpiece will tell you if its iem or source.

But, if it happens on every source, and the common denominator to the issue is the IEM, then isn't the IEM at fault?

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #3,433 of 4,065
NO! Company have 100% positive track record with satisfied customers, some relationships ( customer/vendor ) are just not a good match and if an issue arise it's bound to end with one end leaving unsatisfied.

I

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #3,434 of 4,065
@Bad Username, as you, I too have used multiple cables, multiple sources and swapped polarities. Still same problem. Plus I have loads of other IEMs and have no problems with any of them. CA couldn't find any problem at all.  

NO! Company have 100% positive track record with satisfied customers, some relationships ( customer/vendor ) are just not a good match and if an issue arise it's bound to end with one end leaving unsatisfied.

I

True, I even left iPhones after my iP4 had antenna issues and Steve Jobs told us to we were holding the phones wrong. I came back to iPhones a couple of years later because I didn't make much of a loss selling the iP4 off. Unfortunately, the second hand market isn't that great for CIEMs and I ended up making a financial loss for an IEM I didn't use much and liked. Jack at EE and especially Brannan at Noble had gone the extra mile to sort me out so that I wouldn't end up losing use of their products. I didn't feel that way with Piotr or Spiral Ears. Just penning down my experiences, that's all. I have nothing but great things to say about Piotr and CA otherwise. My dealings with them have been impeccable in the past. 

However, all is well that ends well. Despite all the issues we had when you were selling the 5way for your friend, since it finally sorted out, I did not leave you a negative feedback. Understandably, I didn't leave a positive feedback either. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back