New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Sep 9, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,391 of 4,065
Yeah I talked this with MS already, but it really boggles my how it would be possible. your 8.2 are acrylic with silicone filling there's virtually not a single part that could move inside by wobbling an IEM, socket included.

Piotr, my Right side 8.2 IEM with the audible distortion problem also is Acrylic with silicone. Could it be related? It's a shame I have to wait for over a month to be back in UK and send it to you for further assessment.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #3,392 of 4,065
Piotr, my Right side 8.2 IEM with the audible distortion problem also is Acrylic with silicone. Could it be related? It's a shame I have to wait for over a month to be back in UK and send it to you for further assessment.

Doubt it

It's quite surprising to see such issues, Harmony 8.2 acrylic is measured 4 times during production (pre-assembly, post-assembly pre-silicone filling, post-silicone filling, pre-shipping). What's more so far on all 8.2 we have had some extreme tight channel matching on all pieces. Naturally we can only base our actions on what we see on graphs, because it's not possible for me or any of our lab stuff to actually put IEM in the ear and listen to it for hour or so.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #3,393 of 4,065
Doubt it

It's quite surprising to see such issues, Harmony 8.2 acrylic is measured 4 times during production (pre-assembly, post-assembly pre-silicone filling, post-silicone filling, pre-shipping). What's more so far on all 8.2 we have had some extreme tight channel matching on all pieces. Naturally we can only base our actions on what we see on graphs, because it's not possible for me or any of our lab stuff to actually put IEM in the ear and listen to it for hour or so.

Very valid points. Regardless, I very much appreciate how open and approachable you and CA are at all times. Hopefully these issues can be resolved painlessly.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #3,395 of 4,065
Absolutely!!! Using H8.2 with a Toxic (have you ever heard of that brand? :p) SW cable atm and loving it!
That's gonna be a long weekend for you :wink:

You have no idea :) sitting 3 hours with 3 kids and wife in a hot car driving across Denmark listening to crappy kids music while my mind desperately tries to figure out what design Piotr has made to them.

I had some simple guidelines
They cannot be any colour that involves pink
I should be able to see the internals
And when he designs them he should think of this picture.
OchK7SU.jpg

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #3,396 of 4,065
You have no idea
smily_headphones1.gif
sitting 3 hours with 3 kids and wife in a hot car driving across Denmark listening to crappy kids music while....

Lol...happy times
biggrin.gif

muppets-driving.gif

Please share some pics / impressions when you've received your H8.2
beerchug.gif

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,398 of 4,065
Doubt it

I get what you are saying and as mentioned before, many thanks for being so open, quick and transparent with CA. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #3,399 of 4,065
Btw, anyone experienced any weird staining of their faceplate with their Custom Art acrylic CIEMs ? 

Just received my pro330v2 last Sunday and this weird staining of the layer between the faceplate and IEM occurred on my left CIEM (the blue one). Also, the edge that has the stain is feels rough compared to the rest of the IEM. Also noticed that the surface area of the staining actually got slightly bigger since yesterday...

It's circled in red in the pictures below.

@piotrus-g any idea what this is and how do I rectify it :frowning2: ? Have also dropped you a mail...

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #3,400 of 4,065
Originally Posted by ambrose1985 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Btw, anyone experienced any weird staining of their faceplate with their Custom Art acrylic CIEMs ? 

Just received my pro330v2 last Sunday and this weird staining of the layer between the faceplate and IEM occurred on my left CIEM (the blue one). Also, the edge that has the stain is feels rough compared to the rest of the IEM. Also noticed that the surface area of the staining actually got slightly bigger since yesterday...

It's circled in red in the pictures below.

@piotrus-g any idea what this is and how do I rectify it :frowning2: ? Have also dropped you a mail...

Because the insides are filled with silicone we observed that sometime the top of silicone layer "detaches" itself from the acrylic layer which is on top of it. Typically we can fix it while still on production line, but it's a tricky thing for which we are still trying to perfect the best production procedure.
Please observe and let us know if it gets worse we will send you a replacement unit and just ask you to leave the old one at MS so you don't go without the IEM.

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #3,401 of 4,065
  Because the insides are filled with silicone we observed that sometime the top of silicone layer "detaches" itself from the acrylic layer which is on top of it. Typically we can fix it while still on production line, but it's a tricky thing for which we are still trying to perfect the best production procedure.
Please observe and let us know if it gets worse we will send you a replacement unit and just ask you to leave the old one at MS so you don't go without the IEM.

Great service from CA ! Thumbs up ! Will monitor the situation next week and let you know ! 

Btw, PM-ed @piotrus-g regarding the question posed in email :) 

Oct 20, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #3,402 of 4,065
am i the only one who want to see new flagship from Peter? 
biggrin.gif
 or a new CIEM series. or new flagship series with different tuning <3

maybe Peter need to listen to Focal Utopia and get inspired by it 
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

@piotrus-g  
beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #3,403 of 4,065
biggrin.gif

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

@piotrus-g  
beerchug.gif

No Shin, your are not only, I want to see (listen) new flagship from Peter, too. Not only flagship, others model too. I miss old signature CA like Pro330, Pro210, all new models have to much bass to me. I really want see and listen CA CIEM like combination Etymotic ER-4S with ER-4SR (detailed, fast, textured, kick, punch, flat signature) or Pro330v3 (more detailed, resolution, textured and a bit faster). This is my dream/hope.

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #3,404 of 4,065
biggrin.gif

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

@piotrus-g  
beerchug.gif

Well, the new flagship was just released 3 months ago lol

I heard Utopias :wink:

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #3,405 of 4,065

Well, the new flagship was just released 3 months ago lol

I heard Utopias :wink:

oh these were for the Harmony series fans :p

oh good thing you heard Focal Utopia, did it give you an idea or two? 
evil_smiley.gif

gs1000.gif

wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back