New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Sep 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,546 of 4,065
Guys, what about Forza Audio Works cables? Is it a good match for Harmony?

i tried with the hybrid. While the quality of the cable is superb, i didn't really dig the match. At my taste it aligned the sound signature where the stock cable or my actual cable gives you more of the 3D signature. It ate a bit the details...didn't keep it very long Time though.
Silver might be a better match imho. I actually use silver&gold and it's a better/ or perfect match.

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #1,548 of 4,065
With the gold silver not at all. Great bass and awesome highs

I tried pure silver tralucent v1 too and it was fine, just too sturdy

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #1,550 of 4,065
Hello everyone!

Just joined (and gone trough) this thread, and I'm really happy that I finally found what could be the love of my life! :p I am not a VERY serious audiophile, and a rookie in cIEMs, but I want to change that! Currently, my favourite IEM is the SE535. 

What I wanted to ask, did I miss the measurements, or they just weren't posted yet? I'm curious about the difference between H8 and Pro, I can't decide which one to order! (the struggle is real
biggrin.gif
 )

Thanks in advance!

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #1,551 of 4,065
With the gold silver not at all. Great bass and awesome highs

I tried pure silver tralucent v1 too and it was fine, just too sturdy

what's the difference between gold silver and copper silver hybrid?

Quote:

A pure silver cable which does not add some sibilance should be tested with H8P :) 

i would like to know which pure silver cable doesn't add to sibilance

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #1,553 of 4,065

A pure silver cable which does not add some sibilance should be tested with H8P :) 

lol silver cable normally bring up some lower treble, so you wins some you lose some :)

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #1,554 of 4,065

Suggestions by numerous HeadFiers is that Silver with Gold added (Example 1-2% Gold) produces a slightly mellower smoother SQ that 100% Silver.

i've opened a thread about that.....like i said, a debutants review thread 
ksc75smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/733346/silver-gold-iem-ciem-aftermarket-cables-a-debutants-mini-review

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #1,555 of 4,065
lol silver cable normally bring up some lower treble, so you wins some you lose some :)

Guys, if i want more powerful and more deep bass and more clarity, spciousness/air, which cable should I get - pure silver or silver with gold. Can anyone please elaborate on Twag V2 Gold (I'm not sure whether this is exactly the name)?
Maybe hybrid (which is more popular) will be best?

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #1,556 of 4,065

i would like to know which pure silver cable doesn't add to sibilance

I use SilverFi iem cables on my mentor. Though It is pure silver, it ''eliminates'' sibilance comparing to stock cable :) You can take a look to that cables.

I am looking forward to use them it with my H8P. 

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #1,557 of 4,065
Guys, if i want more powerful and more deep bass and more clarity, spciousness/air, which cable should I get - pure silver or silver with gold. Can anyone please elaborate on Twag V2 Gold (I'm not sure whether this is exactly the name)?
Maybe hybrid (which is more popular) will be best?

silver&gold. You can find sometimes in the classifieds for less than their habitual prices which are huge.

Sep 20, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #1,558 of 4,065
  Hello everyone!

Just joined (and gone trough) this thread, and I'm really happy that I finally found what could be the love of my life! :p I am not a VERY serious audiophile, and a rookie in cIEMs, but I want to change that! Currently, my favourite IEM is the SE535. 

What I wanted to ask, did I miss the measurements, or they just weren't posted yet? I'm curious about the difference between H8 and Pro, I can't decide which one to order! (the struggle is real
biggrin.gif
 )

Thanks in advance!

Seems like no one replied so I will take this one.

Measurements have not been posted yet, as I'd like to see what people have to say about it without regarding to graphs. I'd like to see "unbiased" opinions.

Difference between H8 and H8P is mainly in highs. H8P has more highs and more "mainstream" signature it's more balanced overall, while H8 has more relaxed sound with tamed highs, focusing slightly more around midrange.

Sep 20, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #1,559 of 4,065
  Seems like no one replied so I will take this one.

Measurements have not been posted yet, as I'd like to see what people have to say about it without regarding to graphs. I'd like to see "unbiased" opinions.

Difference between H8 and H8P is mainly in highs. H8P has more highs and more "mainstream" signature it's more balanced overall, while H8 has more relaxed sound with tamed highs, focusing slightly more around midrange.

That's a good point! However, I think I will wait some time before ordering them, the more feedback, the better judgement.

I read your official page(flawless design, I love it), based on that, I would go with the non pro, but now you kinda moved me towards the Pro version... Anyway, thanks for being so supportive! :) 

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #1,560 of 4,065
unexpected combo....most portable ever....and surprisingly well capable with the H8. (noooooooo not an endgame rig.....but for 40minutes commuting twice a week i say it's a winner) 

(yes, the zx1 has a better sound.....but the clips bass is quite impressive!! 
beerchug.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back