New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Sep 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,516 of 4,065
That's great. :) Personally I prefer more accurate sounding. 901 is already a warm sounding DAP, minibox card to my ears reduces the warmth to the maximum (still sounds warm), with better extensions both ways resulting in a clearer, more lively, spacious sound.  Fenli card sounds very similar to balanced card with a slightly more depth to it. 

Please leave comments when you receive them 

Sure Jason I will :) In the meanwhile, I am looking for a dedicate card for Hm901.

Btw, Which cable do you prefer with H8P?

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #1,517 of 4,065
Sure Jason I will
smily_headphones1.gif
In the meanwhile, I am looking for a dedicate card for Hm901.

Btw, Which cable do you prefer with H8P?

I am using it with Twag hybrid v3 now:) It adds better bass and treble extensions, and more controlled into the sound. The stock cable sounds dull in comparison with it. 

I also like Twag V2 silver for listening to instruments, however it does add some sibilance and sharpness into the vocals. 

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,518 of 4,065
Anyone using the music one for stuff like rock and metal?  I've got the audiologist booked for next friday so need to make a decision soon!

In order to give my ears a real break and let them settle down in time for the appointment I have forgone the use of any c/iems right now.  Sadly as I use them at work as ear plugs to block 95% of the S**t going on around me it has not been easy to crack and shove them in.  Today was particularly rough.  I've been using Sennheiser hd25-II's and whilst good they don't block as much as c/iems do, plus they make wearing glasses harder.

On the subject of glasses should I be wearing them when I have the molds done if I only use the ciems at work time when I'm in front of a monitor or does it not make much difference?

Thanks

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #1,520 of 4,065
Of you use glasses don't take a detachable cable, my advice.

To my mind isolation comes from the quality of the compression of the ear prints, not from the material of the CIEM. So, visit a good audiologist and ask him compressive ear prints :wink:

music one are well for rock or metal, matter of taste.

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #1,521 of 4,065
  Hey portnoy, congrats on double purchase mate, sure you are getting yourself a hell of a treatment
beerchug.gif

Thank you buddy. :)   I think so 
biggrin.gif

Now it is time to be patient. Probably 5 weeks long :frowning2:
  I am using it with Twag hybrid v3 now:) It adds better bass and treble extensions, and more controlled into the sound. The stock cable sounds dull in comparison with it. 

I also like Twag V2 silver for listening to instruments, however it does add some sibilance and sharpness into the vocals. 

How is distance of vocals with Twag3? Closer than Stock? I read that vocals of H8P is not so forward in the soundstage.  

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #1,522 of 4,065
  Thank you buddy. :)   I think so 
biggrin.gif

Now it is time to be patient. Probably 5 weeks long :frowning2:
How is distance of vocals with Twag3? Closer than Stock? I read that vocals of H8P is not so forward in the soundstage.  

It doesn't really affect much on the vocal position to my ears. The vocals are only a little recessed not to the degree that you can't listen to singing with it.

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #1,523 of 4,065
Slightly off topic but, in my limited experience, I believe it is really difficult to best SE5way's vocal performance.  I never heard something more livelier and realistic as long as the vocals concerned. Too bad portnoy, your tiny ears won't let you get it
biggrin.gif

However I believe tupac, if he says it is good, you bet it will knock your socks off.

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #1,524 of 4,065
To my mind all is matter of psychoacoustic. In listening the H8pro, and only the H8pro, since 3 days my perceptions are changing. Comparing has to come after more than 200 hours of listening, otherwise it's not fair.

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #1,525 of 4,065
To my mind all is matter of psychoacoustic. In listening the H8pro, and only the H8pro, since 3 days my perceptions are changing. Comparing has to come after more than 200 hours of listening, otherwise it's not fair.

Why? Although one should not write a review after just 2 hours of listening. But, in my view, after around 50 hours of listening once can have firm impressions as to the sound of a given CIEM (I don't believe in BAs burn-in).

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #1,526 of 4,065
Slightly off topic but, in my limited experience, I believe it is really difficult to best SE5way's vocal performance.  I never heard something more livelier and realistic as long as the vocals concerned. Too bad portnoy, your tiny ears won't let you get it :D

However I believe tupac, if he says it is good, you bet it will knock your socks off.

Although I don't have H8Pro yet so I'm not able to compare 5ways to any other TOTL CIEM, I agree that 5ways has superb vocals.

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #1,527 of 4,065
Although I don't have H8Pro yet so I'm not able to compare 5ways to any other TOTL CIEM, I agree that 5ways has superb vocals.

the best so far :) nothing comes close.

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,528 of 4,065
Why? Although one should not write a review after just 2 hours of listening. But, in my view, after around 50 hours of listening once can have firm impressions as to the sound of a given CIEM (I don't believe in BAs burn-in).

I don't believe in BA's burn-in, nevertheless I believe in brain's burn-in.

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,530 of 4,065
In my opinion, a TOTL ciem has to have a realistic sound and correct instrument tones. Mid-bass stage has to be controlled without decreasing body for a good soundstage. I think H8P seems to be capable to do these. Of course, vocal is important too :)

How is H8P separation comparing to SE5? How is air between instruments? Warm cold? Neutral?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back