New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Sep 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #1,532 of 4,065
  Whilst I don't necessarily believe in burn in, I do think there is an element of warm up of the brain
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #1,533 of 4,065

I think it is more like "getting used to it".

What about cable burn-in?

popcorn.gif

yup the part of getting used to it is 100% right, i had many ciems so i would know ;P  the mentor changed after 2 hours then 10th hour and did settle down more later.

for the cable 100 hours are needed at least, a higher quality cable like Toxic Silver Widow, will sound more different than a normal cable in case both were burned in for 100 hours.

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #1,534 of 4,065
One other thing, on the ca order form there is the option for matte or gloss shell finish?  What's the difference and do we have to order it?

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,535 of 4,065

Quote:
  One other thing, on the ca order form there is the option for matte or gloss shell finish?  What's the difference and do we have to order it?

matte

clear shells

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #1,536 of 4,065

Gloss is standard finish and it's more "clear" or see-through lacquer gives very even surface. Matte lacquer is a bit "milky" and less clear and gives very velvet (in touch) but slightly uneven surface.

Here's Purple transparent gloss:

And purple transparent matte:

I hope it helps

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,537 of 4,065
Thanks.  At this point seriously considering the custom art music ones, possibly the twos.  Lots of encouraging reviews around.  I tend to use c/iems as earplugs at work to block out all the talking so I can actually, you know concentrate on what I'm paid to be doing! 

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #1,539 of 4,065
hahaha.....

i was wondering, where are all the H8 owners here? 

I didn't see not ONE comment about them, neither here or there: http://www.head-fi.org/t/716065/first-ever-8-driver-side-silicone-ciems-the-harmony-8-and-8pro-by-custom-art-audio-from-poland

Does it mean we're all speechlessly happy? 

After 3 months of listening i'm still surprised how capable they are to drive through all kind of music with enough body to be as "fun" as "precise" and with enough bass to make you shake your little booty.

Seriously, H8 non pro owners: step forward and speak your mind! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #1,540 of 4,065
After "complaining" to Piotr for a while i am getting really used to it and have stopped reaching for Merlin and also have soldSE846.
All of that is a huge compliment,great sound really.
However, i would love a couple of touches more bass so i dont have to eq my Pleanue:)

So, a question to Tupac:
Do you get a significantly increased bass presence with the Twag,more in terms of a thump if anything?
Thanks

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #1,543 of 4,065
I though silver doesnt give you much bass,but im prob just being ignorant,id go for any that gives a real"feel" to the bass,NEED BASS:))

Thats were silver widow beats the silver poison , the bass, you won't lose a thing, better Vocal,Treble and bass,
i like how does the SW add without taking anything from you, also that doesn't mean it will be harsh or not clean. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back