New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Dec 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #526 of 4,065
I've got my Music Two for a week, and I can say that they sounds absolutely great :D Best IEMs I've ever heard :) The bass is deep and natural (as bass from BA could be natural :), mids and highs are crisp and easy to listen. That what can I say after week of listening :) IEMs by it self are almost perfect, there are some bubbles here and there, but really small, and there are only five or six of them. IEMs are worth their price for me :)

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #528 of 4,065
Understand that there's a local dealer for Piotr's CIEMs in Singapore now
Sound Waves are carrying them, demos units for Music 1, Pro 100, 210 & 330 v2 are available at their Bedok Mall branch.

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #530 of 4,065
Jan 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #531 of 4,065
How long is the introductory price for the M2 available for? All of January? Want to get a pair but waiting for pay day. Thanks!

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #535 of 4,065

From the CustomArt Facebook Page:
Custom Art Music Two IEM
Dual Balanced armature with AcuPass technology and advanced acoustic tuning. 2way configuration.
Music Two is a true upgrade to the already extremely popular Music One!

Pre-order starts now! From 999PLN/€250 (non-detachable) 1150PLN/€287,5 (detachable)

The Music Two uses a dual driver assembly with a single output port, damperless, with tube resonances controlled by a stepped acoustic horn. The woofer driver of the Music Two is filtered by an acoustic low-pass design, trademarked by Sonion as AcuPass. This type of low-pass technology is similar to that used in the Shure SE846 (just simplified). The Music Two's woofer is vented for better low frequency extension and headroom. Normally, the vented configuration of the woofer causes the bass response to rise well above neutral, but with a special construction method Peter controls the back venting volume, giving a small bass thump centered around 80-100 Hz, while preserving bass extension. As far as I'm concerned, no other company that uses silicone shell materials implements bass venting and back volume control. CustomArt started it with the Music One and Pro330, and now the Music Two has it.

With regard to tech specs, the Music Two has a minimum impedance (not including cable resistance/reactance) of 22 Ω @ 4200 Hz and DCR of 41.5 Ω. Impedance @ 1 kHz is 75 Ω, but that's just a transient value; the Music Two should be easy to drive from the most common audio sources.

People concerned about output impedance pairing with amps and DAPs should look at the 22 Ω value and pair accordingly. If we use the 8× damping factor rule-of-thumb, then OI should be no higher than 2.75 Ω on your sources. However, output impedance affects mainly only the mid-highs and lower treble of the Music Two. Here is a graph of the difference between the response of the Music Two when paired with a high output impedance source (~20 Ω), and a low output impedance source (~0.5 Ω, green trace). Depending on personal preferences, people can use different output impedance sources (e.g. CEntrance HiFi-M8, or serial resistance adapters) to alter the desired mid-highs.

With regard to bandwidth, +/- 20 dB tolerance would give the Music Two an effective bandwidth from <20 Hz to >17 kHz.

Jan 6, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #536 of 4,065

The Music Two uses a dual driver assembly with a single output port, damperless, with tube resonances controlled by a stepped acoustic horn. The woofer driver of the Music Two is filtered by an acoustic low-pass design, trademarked by Sonion as AcuPass. This type of low-pass technology is similar to that used in the Shure SE846 (just simplified). The Music Two's woofer is vented for better low frequency extension and headroom. Normally, the vented configuration of the woofer causes the bass response to rise well above neutral, but with a special construction method Peter controls the back venting volume, giving a small bass thump centered around 80-100 Hz, while preserving bass extension. As far as I'm concerned, no other company that uses silicone shell materials implements bass venting and back volume control. CustomArt started it with the Music One and Pro330, and now the Music Two has it.

With regard to tech specs, the Music Two has a minimum impedance (not including cable resistance/reactance) of 22 Ω @ 4200 Hz and DCR of 41.5 Ω. Impedance @ 1 kHz is 75 Ω, but that's just a transient value; the Music Two should be easy to drive from the most common audio sources.

People concerned about output impedance pairing with amps and DAPs should look at the 22 Ω value and pair accordingly. If we use the 8× damping factor rule-of-thumb, then OI should be no higher than 2.75 Ω on your sources. However, output impedance affects mainly only the mid-highs and lower treble of the Music Two. Here is a graph of the difference between the response of the Music Two when paired with a high output impedance source (~20 Ω), and a low output impedance source (~0.5 Ω, green trace). Depending on personal preferences, people can use different output impedance sources (e.g. CEntrance HiFi-M8, or serial resistance adapters) to alter the desired mid-highs.

With regard to bandwidth, +/- 20 dB tolerance would give the Music Two an effective bandwidth from <20 Hz to >17 kHz.

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #538 of 4,065
https://www.facebook.com/thecustomart/posts/509090332545126

Just received it from Peter by email (thanks for the information man)

Sad news unfortunately.

Hi Guys,
This is probably the saddest news for the New Year...
Sonion (manufacturer of Balanced Armature drivers) postponed the release of the drivers used for woofers in Harmony. New supposed release should be on February. However given the previous delays there's a high chance it won't be released on February as well. That said I'll probably have to redesign Harmony even though it was practically done

I'm really really sorry.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #539 of 4,065
Me too :frowning2: bad times but I have no doubt that Piotr will do the best :) the Sonions were vented ?

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #540 of 4,065
  Me too
frown.gif
bad times but I have no doubt that Piotr will do the best
smily_headphones1.gif
the Sonions were vented ?

I don't think so? But I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back