New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
May 8, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #3,752 of 4,065
Thanks piotr for the clarification! Now im starting to wonder if 8.2 was the right decision, but im sure it'll be an improvement over the H8P in any case
Well one thing I can tell you is that it's going to be some time before we have official replacement for 8.2 with FIBAE tech.
The amount of work required for adding another driver to the FIBAE system is basically exponential

May 8, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #3,754 of 4,065
Hey piotr,

I'm heading back to e-earphone in akihabara tomorrow (it's 2am here, so really in like 10 hours). How confident are you that they have FIBAE line? I didn't see them in the store or on their website, but I'll ask around.

I also think I've decided to go with a dac/amp combo instead of a DAP. e-earphone has a used chord mojo that I'm going to try out ad pick up if I like it. Any yay or nay on that combo with either fibae2 or ei.3?

May 8, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #3,755 of 4,065
Hey piotr,

I'm heading back to e-earphone in akihabara tomorrow (it's 2am here, so really in like 10 hours). How confident are you that they have FIBAE line? I didn't see them in the store or on their website, but I'll ask around.

I also think I've decided to go with a dac/amp combo instead of a DAP. e-earphone has a used chord mojo that I'm going to try out ad pick up if I like it. Any yay or nay on that combo with either fibae2 or ei.3?
They received one set of FIBAE 1 and 2 from us so far, so you could assume they have it in main shop, but it's possible they are touring it around other shops too.

With FIBAE2 you don't really have to worry about pairing. Mojo is best in its class, so it will work perfectly for FIBAE. Ei.3 sounds good from Mojo in my experience.
Basically if you don't get chance to listen to FIBAE2 here's what you need to know - if you find Ei.3 to have not enough highs or not enough bass (thickness, body); clarity or soundstage lacking, FIBAE 2 should be your choice. If Ei.3 is too dark for you or has too little mid presence then FIBAE2 won't be for you, and you should go for Music Two.

May 8, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #3,758 of 4,065
I would like to thank Piotr & Kamil for their patience and the amazing quality of their job.
I am absolutely thrilled, more than with my Ei.xx.
i6fhwy.jpg

May 9, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #3,760 of 4,065
Just got back from e-earphone. Purchased a 2nd hand chord mojo for $350 usd. Loved it. Have some static when plugged into my phone, but none from an AK DAP, so I'm hoping a decent cable will clean that up.

They confirmed they do not have fibae1 or 2. Tried out the ei.3 and music two a ton, REALLY liked the sparkle and clarity of music two. Ei.3 reminds me of my se215s in that they are fun but missing detail a bit. Pretty sure I'm going with fibae2. Also tired ct-200 and 400. Isolation was great but they felt huge and unwieldy. Only other one that I tried ad really liked was westone 20, so I may try ad find a place to demo further in the states.

May 9, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #3,761 of 4,065
Ei3 vs Pro330v2 vs 8.2 - which one to get? This is coming from someone who exclusively uses Westone 3 reshells. Which one is the best bang for the buck?

My opinion for you the best option will be Ei3 or 8.2. If you prefer more bass signature and less highs choice Ei3, but if you like more highs, amazing and sweet mids, especially in female vocals and bass like Hifiman He-1000 choice 8.2, Harmony much more details, texture sounds, air than Ei3.

May 9, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #3,762 of 4,065
Hi Piotr, Wanted to ask - do you possibly have a comparison between Chord Mojo and Dragonfly Red? I have the latter and I'm curious if with your CIEMs (especially with FIBAE2) the sound difference between them is worth jumping from DFR to Mojo?
Never heard Dragonfly Red I believe. For what it's worth I'm huge fan of Mojo, though. Note that with FIBAE2 you won't get huge sound difference between those two sources especially in regards to sound signature. Differences will be rather small.

Ei3 vs Pro330v2 vs 8.2 - which one to get? This is coming from someone who exclusively uses Westone 3 reshells. Which one is the best bang for the buck?
Coming from Westone 3 I would say Ei.3 or FIBAE2. 8.2 if you want TOTL performance. Cross out Pro330 unless you want to change your IEM sound signature 180degrees.

I would like to thank Piotr & Kamil for their patience and the amazing quality of their job.
I am absolutely thrilled, more than with my Ei.xx.
i6fhwy.jpg
Thank you for your purchase!!!

Are those silicone?
Acrylic

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #3,763 of 4,065
Can't wait to get my 8.2's finally. Shipping should be in about 1 week. Now I have to find the right pairing.

FiiO X5 III
Onkyo DP-X1A
Ibasso DX200

are my final candidates. What do you use your's with guys?

Cable will be from SilverFi (IEM X), a lovely Company with super good cables (for those who believe in aftermarket cables) :)

May 9, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #3,764 of 4,065
Can't wait to get my 8.2's finally. Shipping should be in about 1 week. Now I have to find the right pairing.

FiiO X5 III
Onkyo DP-X1A
Ibasso DX200

Cable will be from SilverFi (IEM X), a lovely Company with super good cables (for those who believe in aftermarket cables) :)

I mainly use my H8.2 with an LPG. If you have budget for DX200 you might also want to check out the new AK Kann :thinking:

From what I've read/heard, SilverFi cables are an excellent choice!

May 9, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #3,765 of 4,065

FiiO X5 III​
Onkyo DP-X1A
Ibasso DX200

Mine is paired with a iBasso Dx200 and Linum Bax.
A few weeks ago, Piotr has suggested the EA ARES II+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back