New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Apr 8, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #3,721 of 4,065
Hi Piotrus

Would you say the new up coming model two would be a decent upgrade over the old one?  Had been thinking about getting a new set of impressions done (from a different audiologist this time!) for a set of ei3's, not so sure now.

Thanks

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #3,722 of 4,065
  Hi Piotrus

Would you say the new up coming model two would be a decent upgrade over the old one?  Had been thinking about getting a new set of impressions done (from a different audiologist this time!) for a set of ei3's, not so sure now.

Thanks

Yes it is. It is like merge between Music Two and Ei.3 so you get best of both worlds - smoothness and details. Plus you get an advantage of impedance correction.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #3,723 of 4,065
Hey all, I'll be putting my Harmony 8.2 up for sale soon. There's something really important in the real world that I need to save for, so I hope other people can enjoy them instead :/

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #3,726 of 4,065
  I probably should have insured my dog :p I'll hop back on the hype train eventually!

Most important member of the family, so very understandable you look after them. Still a shame to have to get rid of your great selection of CIEMs. I just got the Ei.3 and love it (my review for those interested in supporting a good cause), but would have done the same. All the best for your dog!

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #3,727 of 4,065

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #3,729 of 4,065
I haven't heard the other custom art models, so without comparing to those models, can someone explain the sound signature of Fibae 1 and 2? Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/839662/canjam-singapore-2017-march-11-12-2017-impressions-thread/90#post_13336320

By a well-regarded reviewer. It's somewhere at the bottom.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #3,731 of 4,065

http://www.head-fi.org/t/839662/canjam-singapore-2017-march-11-12-2017-impressions-thread/90#post_13336320

By a well-regarded reviewer. It's somewhere at the bottom.

Thanks ezekiel77. Fibae 1 seems to be the preferred one. The 20 pieces are going to fly off the shelves when pre-order opens tomorrow

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #3,732 of 4,065
Thanks ezekiel77. Fibae 1 seems to be the preferred one. The 20 pieces are going to fly off the shelves when pre-order opens tomorrow

I think most people will prefer the Fibae 2. It's more versatile, more fun, more impactful. But there's something special about the purity of the Fibae 1 sound if it suits the kind of music you're playing (no metal, no complex edm).

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #3,734 of 4,065
I absolutely loved the FIBAE 2 when I tried it at CanJam SG! Here's an excerpt from my CanJam round-up on that thread:

The F2 is probably my favourite new IEM from the show. It's price-to-performance ratio for a CIEM is (to me) unmatched, and the options you get with CustomArt's expertise in both the acrylic and silicone realms makes it a no-brainer for any IEM enthusiast's collection. It's an extremely intimate sound, and it has great dynamism, but it's somehow laidback as well. Although this may seem contradictory, this combination allows it to sound fun and engaging because it's so up-close and personal, yet the details are never aggressive or in-your-face. It's lively, impactful, and it can both serve as a toe-tapping trigger when listening to funk and deliciously smooth R&B, and lure you into a sweet, silky arrest when listening to jazz female vocalists or choirs. It's perfectly linear from bottom to top with a fun-and-musical-oriented signature (i.e. a slightly elevated bass response, smooth yet airy and open mids, and a sparkly, energetic, yet fatigue-free treble), and it's a great foil to CA's own Harmony 8.2 which is darker, bassier, but has better technical performance. The F2 is truly an all-rounder CIEM in that it fits every genre I threw at it, as well as on its (albeit rumoured) excitingly accessible price tag. An absolute banger from Piotr and CustomArt, it's very refreshing to be this hyped for a "budget" CIEM, and the FIBAE 2 is an instant purchase for me at release.

And, I have kept my word; I just placed my pre-order with Calvin of Music Sanctuary this weekend. Can't wait!

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #3,735 of 4,065
FIBAE1 big progress to Music One, because there are more details, textures especially mids and treble, and very good highs. One of the best I hearing in this segment of price. There are flat.

FIBAE2 are more musical than FIBAE2, because have more bass and more resolution and details on bass than FIBAE1. This is good all rounder for people searching good IEM/CIEM, because there are very good in rock, jazz, pop, electronic music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back