New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Jul 31, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #3,361 of 4,065

My silicone H8.2 sounds way better than the demo universal I tried at Music Sanctuary Singapore. It's not just the isolation of silicone but also the custom will reach deeper into my ear canals compared to the universal which had nozzles that were too short for my ear shape.

My ears are also larger than several of the persons who visited MS wanting to try the 8.2 so unfortunately there was no way to even forcefit my pair for them. 

What improvements did u noticed with your custom version?
I have a demo right now and wondering how in what aspect will it be better. 

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #3,362 of 4,065
What improvements did u noticed with your custom version?

I have a demo right now and wondering how in what aspect will it be better. 

I wrote this in the 8.2 thread

Listening to CIEM demo's and the changes it can bring in sound when you get the real CIEM is really individual as we all have different ear anatomy and depending on that anatomy the demo will sit longer away from the eardrum and has to possibly pass the 2 bend in the ear, how do you apply to tip and which tips are you using it al effects the outcome

I have really small ears and my 2 bend is not that sharp so when I listened to my EI.XX CIEM vs a demo I have to bring on a head-Fi tour I could hardly tell the difference. I was able to put on the tip so the nosle of the CIEM was free of any interference from the tip but I still got a perfect seal

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #3,363 of 4,065
I wrote this in the 8.2 thread

Listening to CIEM demo's and the changes it can bring in sound when you get the real CIEM is really individual as we all have different ear anatomy and depending on that anatomy the demo will sit longer away from the eardrum and has to possibly pass the 2 bend in the ear, how do you apply to tip and which tips are you using it al effects the outcome

I have really small ears and my 2 bend is not that sharp so when I listened to my EI.XX CIEM vs a demo I have to bring on a head-Fi tour I could hardly tell the difference. I was able to put on the tip so the nosle of the CIEM was free of any interference from the tip but I still got a perfect seal

Ok, thanks but i wanted to know @tkteos observations. Was there any improvement in sound of just the fit?

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #3,364 of 4,065
The demo did not bring out the H8.2 sound signature when I wore it. The silicone custom fit well and sounded what I was expecting based on the H8.2 announcement and queries to Piotr.

So for me it was the fit that matters crucially. Rather than call it an improvement I think the custom mold brought out what H8.2 is supposed to sound.

Jul 31, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #3,365 of 4,065
Ok, thanks. I think i hear what i suppose to from that demo. Which is great:) tested it with Effect Audio Ares II and it was quite an improvement. It pair up very well and for $150 it is a bargain.

Jul 31, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #3,366 of 4,065
I am currently pairing H8.2 with Ares II+.

If you want more comments on H8.2, there are posts over at the H8.2 thread

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #3,368 of 4,065
I think a photo will help to clarify why *in my personal situation* a custom H8.2 or any custom IEM for that matter will fit me better than most universal shell designs, *and as a result* I never assume that a universal shell will sound the same as the same model molded to my ear shape and size.

Here is a photo of my silicone mold H8.2 placed together with earbuds from a certain fruit company. I don't have the universal demo of H8.2 with me but trust me it is much closer in size to that earbud than it is to my custom mold.

Size really does matter for me in terms of fit and sound projection.

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #3,369 of 4,065
The demo did not bring out the H8.2 sound signature when I wore it. The silicone custom fit well and sounded what I was expecting based on the H8.2 announcement and queries to Piotr.

So for me it was the fit that matters crucially. Rather than call it an improvement I think the custom mold brought out what H8.2 is supposed to sound.

Hello @tkteo. I think what most people (including me) are interested in is some sort of description on how your custom sounds different from the demo. When you say that the demo did not bring out the sound signature of the 8.2, how exactly was it lacking?  

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #3,370 of 4,065
   Hello @tkteo. I think what most people (including me) are interested in is some sort of description on how your custom sounds different from the demo. When you say that the demo did not bring out the sound signature of the 8.2, how exactly was it lacking?  

The demo sounded lifeless. I was expecting more presence to the midrange and stronger bass. The custom brought that out.

Look I know it seems as if I am evading the issue, but you really have to be in my situation with my ear size to experience how it affected my impression of the H8.2.

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #3,371 of 4,065
  The demo sounded lifeless. I was expecting more presence to the midrange and stronger bass. The custom brought that out.

Look I know it seems as if I am evading the issue, but you really have to be in my situation with my ear size to experience how it affected my impression of the H8.2.

I can understand. Your customized pair does look pretty large. Even without considering the size differences customs usually sound a bit different from the demo. 

So the custom has more bass and mids, does it mean it is less brighter than the demo?

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #3,372 of 4,065
No issue with brightness. Neither universal nor custom are sibilant in treble. H8.2 to me is a pleasing blend of strong but not overpowering bass, refined midrange, and a treble that is not thin or sharp in tone.

Aug 12, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #3,373 of 4,065
Custom Art just announced a new technology named FIBAE (Flat Impedance Balanced Armature Earphone).

"World's first IEM design that's truly unaffected by DAP output impedance. Now your IEMs will always sound as intended to!" says their Facebook.

Does anybody know some technical detail?

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #3,374 of 4,065
Custom Art just announced a new technology named FIBAE (Flat Impedance Balanced Armature Earphone).

"World's first IEM design that's truly unaffected by DAP output impedance. Now your IEMs will always sound as intended to!" says their Facebook.

Does anybody know some technical detail?

Looks like something promising, even tough I don't think it would change anything for my Sony zx2

Aug 13, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #3,375 of 4,065
The 2 ohms from the Sony NW-ZX2 are fine for almost 99% of all multi driver IEMs, only a few (like UE triple-Fi 10) sound bit odd on 2 ohms output impedance. This new tech from Pitor is more interessting for regular phones which have 5 or more ohms output impedance, this will allow us the use any (cheap) phone without loosing the original sound signature from multi driver IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back