New Cowon Plenue L
Nov 25, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #466 of 668
Im using it with stock FW.
It must have been temporary , no panic, site is back working full, phew..
So, you still love the L?
I just remembered first Plenue and how warm and musical it sounded, all this time, so many many daps, bells and whistles, sounds..still averageSo, this L should be a good purchase is my hope

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #467 of 668
It must have been temporary , no panic, site is back working full, phew..
So, you still love the L?
I just remembered first Plenue and how warm and musical it sounded, all this time, so many many daps, bells and whistles, sounds..still averageSo, this L should be a good purchase is my hope
I like it a lot , especially while on the go. But the Pleneu S , M2 , M , P1 had Burr Brown dacs which gives an analog sound. The L has a newer Sabre dac , but dont worry , Cowon made it sound like Cowon.

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #468 of 668
I like it a lot , especially while on the go. But the Pleneu S , M2 , M , P1 had Burr Brown dacs which gives an analog sound. The L has a newer Sabre dac , but dont worry , Cowon made it sound like Cowon.
I know you said that, but i could return it and get one of the others, would that be the M2 second best choice?

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #469 of 668
I know you said that, but i could return it and get one of the others, would that be the M2 second best choice?
PS cause it has a 3.5 balance then the M2.

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #475 of 668
Now i'm using iFi Micro iDSD Black Label as Dac. Is a good choice to upgrade to Plenue L?
I have Audio Technica ADX 5000, the Plenue L has the power to manage 420ohm of headphone?

Thanks
I like the ifi black but I prefer the L with an amp.

Jan 12, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #476 of 668
I would love if someone made a comparison between cowon pl and ak s100

I have them both and also the Hiby R6 Pro and and DX200 (AMP9) and soon the Calyx - when the Calyx arrive i will make a thorough review :)

I must say one thing ! When the PL arrived, me and all my friends we hated the sound... we did not understand how it could sound that bad as a flagship DAP.... BUT apperantly this unit need or correct say MUST (!!) have about 200-300 hours burn-in.
Well it has been working for around 150 hours +/- and yesterday i was amazed by the sound :) way better than DX200+AMP9 and the AK SE100.

For the comparison test we will bring also the SP1000m and some others we can find..... :) maybe even DX220 if it will not be sold by then..

Jacob.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #477 of 668
20200122_211400.jpg
20200122_211406.jpg

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #478 of 668
What is the amp near the PL?
If you still have the Calyx - can yo try and adjust the PL EQ to be similar?
I did a short comparison SE on the Calyx and Balanced on the PL - the stage is quite close ( from a very short comparison so i say this carefully).
So the idea is if it possible to match the PL FR to be similar of the CM using EQ setings?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #479 of 668
What is the amp near the PL?
If you still have the Calyx - can yo try and adjust the PL EQ to be similar?
I did a short comparison SE on the Calyx and Balanced on the PL - the stage is quite close ( from a very short comparison so i say this carefully).
So the idea is if it possible to match the PL FR to be similar of the CM using EQ setings?
Thats a 5 watt Romi balance portable amp. Last time I used the CM was in 2016.

Feb 4, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #480 of 668
:exclamation: NEW Firmware 1.40 is on :exclamation::-

http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=C08&no=637

Warning/Caution

• The battery must be fully charged before firmware upgrade.
  • Do not reset PLENUE L during firmware upgrade.
  • Backup any important files in PLENUE L to your PC before firmware upgrade.
  • Please use firmware that COWON authorizes only.
  • JetEffect values might be initialized after firmware upgrade. Please record any important values.

New features

1. Modified to put balanced output first when balanced and unbalanced terminals are inserted at the same time.
  2. Improved compatibility with some smartphones when using USB DAC function :warning:
  3. Improved compatibility with some battery chargers.
  4. Added optical output ON/ OFF function. (Setting/ System/ Optical Output)
  5. Improved switching sensitivity of vertical/horizontal screen mode
  6. Corrected partial system time setting errors.
  7. Improved ALAC decoder.
  8. Fixed a problem where a noise occurs when ending some DSD file playback in firmware version 1.30.

:warning: When connecting PLENUE with your smartphone in USB DAC mode and if you see the message
'High-power USB device connected ', set PLENUE "Setup ▶ System ▶ USB DAC Power" menu
setting to 'Built-in Battery' and connect the USB cable with the PLENUE power ON.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back