New Cowon Plenue L
Feb 6, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #481 of 668
So, I got my Plenue L yesterday, what a beautiful little device. After updating the firmware and going through some of the settings I took the fat32 formatted 1tb microsd card from the A&K and inserted it into the Plenue. Turning on the dap it did it's little update database gig and lo and behold it showed all 14000 and change tracks. I listened to about 30 tracks on all music shuffle with no issues except for a weird counter thing, no big deal. Then today I loaded the rest of my collection on the card and the internal memory and the counter now shows 19957 tracks. Conclusion: Plenue L can use 1tb card?

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #482 of 668
So, I got my Plenue L yesterday, what a beautiful little device. After updating the firmware and going through some of the settings I took the fat32 formatted 1tb microsd card from the A&K and inserted it into the Plenue. Turning on the dap it did it's little update database gig and lo and behold it showed all 14000 and change tracks. I listened to about 30 tracks on all music shuffle with no issues except for a weird counter thing, no big deal. Then today I loaded the rest of my collection on the card and the internal memory and the counter now shows 19957 tracks. Conclusion: Plenue L can use 1tb card?
Yikes and I was afraid to use a 400 gig card.

Feb 8, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #483 of 668
OK It looks like the Cowon didn't play nice with the 1tb card. There was this weird thing with turning the dap on. Very eratic, it would or not turn on. I took to connecting a usb cable first either from computer or charger then I could get it to turn on. So I put it back on a 400gb card and will see how it works then. Bummer cause it played all the music on the 1tb card just fine.

So if this card works out, and it has so far, I'll move up to a 512gb card and see how that works.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #485 of 668
Yes, I am liking this unit a LOT. I'll load up a 512gb card and try it out tomorrow.

Add: Got the 512 card in, plugged in the HD800, no jet effects, 17.5k tracks of CRANK IT UP!!

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #486 of 668
20200213_175514.jpg

Feb 13, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #487 of 668
Seems I may have convinced the PL to play nice with the 1tb card. I started with a new card. Once out of the package it went straight into the KANN to be formatted in Fat32. Then I, after removing the 512 card from the PL, used the "format internal memory" option in the PL settings There I was with an empty and freshly formatted PL and 1tb card. I put music on the card, put it in the PL, watched it go through it's database update then played some tracks. After that I loaded the rest of the music into the PL memory. Now it has 20036 tracks in it and turned on this morning without any problem. Sure it takes a little longer to go through the database update but, hey, 20k tracks with plenty of room for more. I'll be watching to see if all stays working.

Just want to say, I am listening to this little gem more than any other setup I have. Every headphone I plug into it sounds awesome Right now it's the HD800. I really am pleased with this addition!! :L3000:

Feb 29, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #490 of 668
Excuse me guys, needs help here.
I currently using Cowon Plenue L with the balanced 4.4 mm output and I just notice that every time I plug my earphone out (I normally use high output) I could hear a pop noise and sometimes it goes unusally loud. Is this noise normal? And will it hurt my earphone? I'm getting quite paranoid here.
Ps. Sorry for my bad english and thank you in advance.

Feb 29, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #491 of 668
Excuse me guys, needs help here.
I currently using Cowon Plenue L with the balanced 4.4 mm output and I just notice that every time I plug my earphone out (I normally use high output) I could hear a pop noise and sometimes it goes unusally loud. Is this noise normal? And will it hurt my earphone? I'm getting quite paranoid here.
Ps. Sorry for my bad english and thank you in advance.
Yes

Mar 17, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #495 of 668
Well I put a 400 gig SD card in the PL , I was nervous that it wouldnt work. Its working.
20200317_170344.jpg
20200317_170344.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back