New Cowon Player - Cowon X9
Aug 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #31 of 97
Quote:
Well I was quite close, until nywytboy68 added his precisions. It's a must for me to be able to control songs flow AND volume sight unseen. I need those hardware controls, sadly... But it was very tempting for the battery life.

Btw, anyone knows what ARE those buttons on top, in complement to those on the side?

Physical Buttons:  power/hold, ff, rew, play/pause, vol+, vol-, from here

Same as the J3 actually.

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #33 of 97
I'll stick with my X7. Still loving it and 160gb and still room after 2 years.

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #34 of 97
I asked ExportPrive to confirm, or not, whether the thing does have the physical controls listed, here's the answer:

"Dear Customer, We confirm the Cowon X9 has those physical controls."

Maybe I'll try it after all.

Edit: bit the bullet and ordered one. We'll see what gives.

Aug 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #35 of 97
Quote:
I asked ExportPrive to confirm, or not, whether the thing does have the physical controls listed, here's the answer:

Looking forward to your review!

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #36 of 97
Quote:
Good news, it would be nice to get a first hand review on this.  I am seriously considering one.

Originally Posted by Zaroff /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #38 of 97
Physical Buttons:

power/hold, ff, rew, play/pause, vol+, vol-, from here

Same as the J3 actually.

Lol!!! Ok, friend, we shall eventually see if there's been a booboo or not. But, I still refuse to get it because I hate having to jump through hoops to get my playlists working on a flash based Cowon. The X7 is said to be easier to cooperate in this area. I passed on THAT due to the horrid resistive screen,...with it's lowwwwwww resolution. I guess I'll just deal with my iPod touch and PRAY Cowon eventually hits us up with a decent screened 64gb player that does a dog gone playlist right,...sigh,... :frowning2:

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #40 of 97
Just received and unpacked the thing. Will give impressions in the coming days. First impression though is that it feels very solid, and it's surprisingly heavy in hand.

So much for the so-called expert, btw: it does have the exact same physical controls as the J3. Nuff said.

Later.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #42 of 97
One thing I can say now is that the sound is rigorously identical to J3. No difference (which I take as good news). Guys, I'm quite bad at writing reviews, so you'd better ask about things you'd want to know, and I'll answer as I can...

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #43 of 97
Quote:
One thing I can say now is that the sound is rigorously identical to J3. No difference (which I take as good news). Guys, I'm quite bad at writing reviews, so you'd better ask about things you'd want to know, and I'll answer as I can...

How responsive is the screen to touch, and how easy is it to navigate the menus?

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #44 of 97
The screen seems to be a tad less responsive than the J3, but I haven't calibrated it yet or anything. Still it doesn't glide as well as the J3. Menu structure is exactly the same as far as I can see.

Edit: I confirm the screen is rather ****ty to use, and might very well put off some of you. The scrolling is rather miserable.

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #45 of 97
How does the fm radio record feature work?  how about the line in?   I read somewhere that some cowons don't work with windows 7, does the X9?  Is the screen as responsive as the D2+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back